Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 14364 times)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #450 on: April 03, 2018, 06:50:42 pm »
People in heavy traffic who will not move with a sense of urgency. (Walking or driving)
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Offical Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #451 on: April 04, 2018, 08:10:28 am »
Yahoo's instant messenger used to be a fairly nice app, but then they
started to change it, and it went down from there. I quit  it sometime
ago.

:P :P :P

oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #452 on: April 14, 2018, 08:36:13 am »
Had a great physical exam last year, then my doctor retired. This year, a new doctor and concerns over elevated blood pressure. Only a few days after Easter feasting and a few from the next furcon. So either I gotta watch what I eat (less sodium) or go on meds.  So I'm looking at my routine diet, and I'm under the daily 2000mg anyway. My usual breakfast is about 5% Daily Value, lunch is about 25%, dinner maybe 50% If I'm lucky. Chocolate is very low sodium btw.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Offical Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #453 on: April 14, 2018, 09:43:09 am »
Had a great physical exam last year, then my doctor retired. This year, a new doctor and concerns over elevated blood pressure. Only a few days after Easter feasting and a few from the next furcon. So either I gotta watch what I eat (less sodium) or go on meds.  So I'm looking at my routine diet, and I'm under the daily 2000mg anyway. My usual breakfast is about 5% Daily Value, lunch is about 25%, dinner maybe 50% If I'm lucky. Chocolate is very low sodium btw.

It seems levels like blood pressure and other body chemicals need to be held to a
closer tolerance than in the past. I heard the other day they feel that blood pressure
should be lower than they had previously thought. Like 120 /70 instead of a high
thats closer to 140/90.

Of course one should cut back on salt,sugar, and caffeine. All of which
in excess are bad for anyone.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:57:22 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #454 on: April 21, 2018, 06:00:24 am »
Call from doctor's office with blood work results. Somewhat elevated levels or some such. They want me to see a urologist. Have to change primary care doctor before they can set up an appointment. Fasted almost nine hours before giving blood too. Maybe I should get a second opinion.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

• Male
« Reply #455 on: April 22, 2018, 04:54:15 am »
One and a half projects, one lab report (big lab), one math test (bombed first one, need to do well on this one),and three problem sets all due before Friday.

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

• Male
« Reply #456 on: April 27, 2018, 03:20:13 am »
When you scrape off your windshield only to have it immediately frost up again on the outside while driving (before the engine is warm, of course).

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #457 on: May 12, 2018, 07:44:17 pm »
People who drive through my lawn in a rain storm and grind grooves out, which the landlord expects me to fix!  This has happened 4 times in the last 5 years. Makes me a little more than mad when some one invades my territory with so much disrespect.
If at first you don't succeed, you have the diode backwards, again! -- Me.

I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific. --Lily Tomlin.

FCWh4asw A- C- D+ H+ M- P+ R T+++ W Z Sm RLRLE a+ cn++ e++ f h- i+ j p s#
-Furry Code

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #458 on: May 12, 2018, 10:16:50 pm »
Someone offers to remove the remains of a fallen tree from your property on a set day for a fee, then fails to show up.
(Baps the old humorist.)