Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 18692 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Happy Holidays.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #475 on: June 23, 2018, 09:41:14 am »
Weird fastener sizes. 23mm? Really? Really?! You have to search to find a wrench for that, let alone a wrench that will actually reach where you need it too.

*grumbles something about channel locks and shade-tree maintenance*

I totally agree. It seems every manufacture comes up with a different
size or idea.  We need standard that should be world wide. I  vote for
metric all the way.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #476 on: June 23, 2018, 08:09:24 pm »
Neighbors who get yappy or yowly dog breeds and permit them to yap and yowl at random through the night.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #477 on: June 30, 2018, 09:18:11 pm »
Earning The Employee Of The Month parking spot only to find it occupied by a contractor the next day.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #478 on: July 06, 2018, 02:47:08 pm »
Those huge 4 x 4 crew cab pickups taking up so much room at the gas pump. It's a challenge to get around one just to fill up with only inches of clearance.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #479 on: July 07, 2018, 11:39:08 am »
The fact that not all gas tanks open on the same side of all vehicles. There's nothing that frustrates me more than people pulling into a fill-up station and they're hood to hood with someone else because their tanks are on opposite sides. Especially when mine is on the passenger side and all I see are people with driver side tanks filling up so I can't get into a good position to pull in.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #480 on: July 16, 2018, 07:12:34 pm »
I really hate it on Facebook when I see or hear about posts that have been removed because somebody thought the subject matter was offensive or politically incorrect even though it wasn't for any reason whatsoever.
Case in point: I read about a guy who had posted his finished model of the probe droid from The Empire Strikes Back. But apparently, "somebody" found it offensive and reported it to the admin of a model group and had it taken down. The modeler who created the droid reposted again so everyone could see his work and asked why his original post was taken down. Nobody knows why the original post was removed.  :o When new pictures of the model were reposted, there was absolutely nothing offensive whatsoever about the model.

Is this some sort of new troll tactic appearing on FB? People getting their lulz and reporting stuff and having it removed when stuff shouldn't be?  >:(
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #481 on: July 17, 2018, 02:00:33 pm »
Speaking of things being removed, one thing that seriously bothers me is when I'm browsing youtube and adding stuff to watch later, when I have time.
And then when I do get time to sit down and watch those videos, they're gone! And even worse I don't even recall what the name of the vid was or who made it or anything.
No clue why it's gone either. Perhaps it was pulled by youtube, perhaps the video maker themself pulled it. Whatever the case it's seriously aggravating.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Online Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #482 on: July 23, 2018, 03:12:16 pm »
When people tell you how you should live your life.
Example...
I wake up,  tv on, morning news...
"It's cold out there,  kids should wear a coat,  later it will get warmer, maybe make sure they have a jacket too "
Well. Yeah, I mean come on if it's cold you will know it, duh! And mornings are usually colder than mid day.  And gee, if it gets warmer you can unzip the jacket or take it off.  And what if you want your kid to freeze, dont give them a jacket.  And if they are too out of it to grab thier coat on the way out of the hiuse, they have issues...and so do you. :D

And what passes for cold for some is warm to others.  If you need some one to tell you to clothe your child in a coat because it's -20F,  you shouldnt have had a kid in the first place!

Another thing...
Those times media tries to tell you what you can do and what you can not do. 
"40 things guys over 40 should not haved in his house "
"50 things women over 50 shouldn't wear"
And in the end it's just to push goods and services to fill a need that they created.

Come to my place, I broke all the "rules".  And I love it, it's called being home.  I have all sorts of junk, knicknacks, collectables, and old memories. I guess I just don't "get it" and will never be trendy.
But I will always be me, and unique. ;)

If at first you don't succeed, you have the diode backwards, again! -- Me.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #483 on: July 23, 2018, 04:18:31 pm »
Example...
"It's cold out there,  kids should wear a coat,  later it will get warmer, maybe make sure they have a jacket too "
Well. Yeah, I mean come on if it's cold you will know it, duh! And mornings are usually colder than mid day.  And gee, if it gets warmer you can unzip the jacket or take it off.  And what if you want your kid to freeze, dont give them a jacket.  And if they are too out of it to grab thier coat on the way out of the hiuse, they have issues...and so do you. :D

And what passes for cold for some is warm to others.  If you need some one to tell you to clothe your child in a coat because it's -20F,  you shouldnt have had a kid in the first place!

It's just a "suggestion". It's not like the weather forcaster is "ordering" a person to wear a coat.

In other news........

Some days, I really hate Facebook.  >:( I really hate it when some Admins or Mods of FB groups get overzealous with their duties, authority, etc. and remove/block/ban people and posts for the most inconsequential thing.  >:( Sometimes, I see people and posts that have been removed, even though neither have broken any of the group's rules.  :o  Sometimes, I wish there was an online "school" where people could go to to learn how to properly Admin and Mod a site and learn Netiquette (Internet ettiquette).

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #484 on: July 23, 2018, 06:29:15 pm »
Bicyclists who never learned the rules of the road. Riding against the traffic flow being most common here.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Online Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #485 on: July 26, 2018, 04:20:43 pm »
Example...

It's just a "suggestion". It's not like the weather forcaster is "ordering" a person to wear a coat.

Of course you are quite right Kobuk.  I want to apologize for my tone.  But I would swear they often say "you should" instead of "maybe" on my local channel...

Anyway, I just found out that the thermostat at work was faulty.  A setting of 72F was actually about 81F.  So it's been heating the building instead of cooling it much of the time! x_x

That grinds my gears!
If at first you don't succeed, you have the diode backwards, again! -- Me.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #486 on: July 27, 2018, 12:26:28 pm »
Trolls. And the absolute shameless things they say. The creator of a YouTube channel I subscribe to has been recently diagnosed with MS. He's a guitar builder and has decided he's going to stop regularly uploading videos. This troll posts and claims to be a quadriplegic guitar player who records his own music. I commented on how disrespectful it is to make this claim. He then goes to my YouTube channel and spams it with the same claims. I hate trolls.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #487 on: July 29, 2018, 06:47:50 am »
Motorists who haven't learned how to merge with traffic.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #488 on: July 30, 2018, 04:26:07 am »
As a guitar player and now builder I know for a fact that 'tone wood' is a sales pitch. I have a plywood guitar that I made that people love the sound of. Until I tell them it's plywood. : ) Anyway my gripe.

There is a builder who put out a set of videos. Not only showing him making the guitars from start to finish. But doing the tone wood tests as well. Every tone wood freak out there does the very same, extremely underhanded thing. They all use what are known as 'microphonic' pickups. These pickups are not what a normal guitar player would ever think of putting in their guitars. You can talk into them. They are nothing more than flat microphones screwed on to the face of a guitar. So it's no surprise you can hear the wood. If he had used modern guitar pickups you would have just heard the pickup. No matter what you stuck it in. I hate shysters and snake oil hoo doo salesmen. They rip musicians off left and right.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #489 on: August 19, 2018, 07:41:21 am »
Large pick-ups and SUVs looming large in the rear-view mirror while on city streets. Rein in those horses, cowboy!
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #490 on: September 30, 2018, 05:20:06 pm »
Traffic that doesn't know how to merge. I'm not always able to "get out of your way".
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #491 on: October 23, 2018, 11:38:03 pm »
Spectrum Email and the fact that I can't get to my email. Every other week they have an 'outage' and the only thing I can't get to is my email. I have to go through their AI before it finally gives up and lets me talk to a real person. Then that person says the same thing every time. "There's an outage". this is getting old.

Two! Two! Two gripes in ONE!  :)

I spent over eight hours yesterday playing the same song if mine. Over and over again. And today I'm still getting the words wrong. Any songwriter/performer will tell you. The hardest songs to learn are your own. It happens more than people know. Pros even get on stage and forget their own words. Mumbling something out that kinda rhymes works to keep the song going. But it's still frustrating.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #492 on: October 25, 2018, 09:48:14 am »
Spectrum Email and the fact that I can't get to my email. Every other week they have an 'outage' and the only thing I can't get to is my email. I have to go through their AI before it finally gives up and lets me talk to a real person. Then that person says the same thing every time. "There's an outage". this is getting old.

I don't have any Spectrum services. But I keep getting their snail junkmail at least 2x a week trying to get me to sign up with them.  >:(

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #493 on: October 28, 2018, 09:42:03 am »
I've been with Netzero almost twenty years now. They keep increasing rates, the Hi-Speed feature actually slows the page loading, plus I'm on a landline.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #494 on: November 09, 2018, 10:20:35 am »
ME! I can really be my worst help. After fighting to get something important done I forgot to save the new password. So now I'm going to have to call in, wait for an hour + to get a call back, and reset this all over again.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #495 on: November 10, 2018, 12:35:15 pm »
EES software. Somewhere in my code is some tiny, stupid mistake that's causing me to create energy from nothing. I've been loikibg fir it for weeks now. Grrrr
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #496 on: November 18, 2018, 02:17:07 pm »
Friday afternoon I drove out to the clinic to have a blood sample drawn. The phelbotomist had gone home 5 minutes before my arrival and that office would be open for another hour and forty minutes.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocco

• Species: German Shepherd
  • Male
« Reply #497 on: November 18, 2018, 02:26:02 pm »
This barracks. Always hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and hot water has been out for almost a week

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #498 on: December 02, 2018, 06:16:49 pm »
Had a new video blocked on YouTube because the music used was copyrighted. A John Williams piece for a 20-year-old movie. A box office bomb in fact. It was even performed by a military band.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline charcoal

• artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #499 on: December 08, 2018, 10:59:42 am »
The guy blasting music at 3am and demands respect lol no respect from me
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein