Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 21504 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Offical Birthday Wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #500 on: December 13, 2018, 12:44:27 pm »
I  generally get along with the demands websites want to use them, but now
they ask for a moble phone number which I don't have. It's as if they assume
everyone has a cell phone. I use a landline phone since I stay home and
don't drive due to bad vision. Besides cell phones, especially smart phones
cost alot not counting the contract with a phone company to use them.

I gave themmy landline number, but it was ignored. Why they couldn't use my
email to verify me i can't say. I never was a fan of facebook, so this ends it
for me.
oldrabbit.com

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #501 on: December 13, 2018, 07:11:26 pm »
People claiming they want peace and no violence but are the first to throw a punch and cry victim when they get hit humanity has gone soft
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #502 on: December 15, 2018, 08:17:49 pm »
Being overtaken and passed on the road, only to catch up to the speed merchant at the next traffic light or convenience store/gas station.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #503 on: December 15, 2018, 09:24:04 pm »
Getting junk email, again and again, even after unsubscribing.
If at first you don't succeed, you have the diode backwards, again! -- Me.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #504 on: December 16, 2018, 12:13:16 pm »
TV commercials that feature a door bell JUST LIKE MINE!
It makes me and the dog get up and start barking at the door.

Or a knock on the door sound, or a phone ringing.  It sounds so real , it fools either or both of us.
I get up from what I was doing to see who it was , and then realize its the TV I left on, in the other room. 

Offline charcoal

• artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #505 on: December 16, 2018, 02:37:13 pm »
No one can take a joke now of days

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #506 on: December 17, 2018, 12:11:35 am »

Or a knock on the door sound, or a phone ringing.  It sounds so real , it fools either or both of us.
I get up from what I was doing to see who it was , and then realize its the TV I left on, in the other room.

It sounds like you need to change your door bell. ;)

People that don't put their trash away when using the lab computers.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #507 on: December 17, 2018, 04:26:28 pm »

It sounds like you need to change your door bell. ;)

People that don't put their trash away when using the lab computers.

I actually took out the dinger if that is a word.

What grinds my gears is when work computers do not do anything, and you are expected to get work done, and nobody can fix the computer

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #508 on: December 18, 2018, 02:38:08 pm »
People who are dissing The Predator movie and have NEVER seen it.  >:(

Actually, I can't stand people who diss any movie without ever having watched it. Yet they seem to think that watching a 2 minute YouTube trailer on the film or hearing about it from friends or reading an Internet article about a film automatically makes somebody an "expert reviewer" and justifies them to badmouth a film. If you really want to give a review of a film or tv show, then watch the whole thing before you open your mouth!  >:(
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Old Rabbit

• Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #509 on: December 20, 2018, 12:54:38 pm »
The aluminum cans we get soft drinks in are getting so thin
it's hard to hold them without squeezing them flat. I guess
when they start splitting open during shipping they will back
up to a thicker wall.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #510 on: December 20, 2018, 01:42:01 pm »
"If it's on the Internet, it must be true!"

NOT!  >:(

I can't believe how many people are so naive and believe that phrase. Do yourselves a favor and go to the library and do some REAL research.  READ A BOOK!
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #511 on: December 20, 2018, 02:51:35 pm »
Getting Christmas cards for the wrong address. Every year I get cards to my address, but different names. My address, but not me. I write 'return to sender' just to get them back. Over and over... So this year I'm getting larger envelopes. Putting these cards back in the mail and sending them back to the original senders myself. Including a note in each one stating why I'm dong this. Hopefully next year these cards will go to the right people.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline charcoal

• artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #512 on: December 20, 2018, 04:43:51 pm »
People who see me in the middle of the cross walk and I the walk symbol but just keep going and almost plow into me how hard is it to pay the hell attention to the road and put down the Damn phone your text can wait

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #513 on: December 22, 2018, 08:46:53 am »
The aluminum cans we get soft drinks in are getting so thin
it's hard to hold them without squeezing them flat. I guess
when they start splitting open during shipping they will back
up to a thicker wall.

I remember when soft drinks and beer came in either steel cans or a fancy glass long neck bottle. One needed a tool to open them. Once a quart bottle of pop was opened, it had to be finished that day or go flat--unless you had a store-bought plastic cap.
A few months ago, one can in a 24-pack of Cherry Coke was empty but sealed. I still have it.

Someone at work was storing pop and selling them off on break time. Some of his stock was there so long that some of the cans began to leak.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #514 on: January 10, 2019, 01:19:58 pm »
I grew up watching the space program start. By 1970 we had
landed on the moon. That was 50 years ago. We should have a
base on the moon by now, not just a base, but a fully functional
space port. But no, the politicians would rather spend trillions on
wars, and pork barrel projects.

Humanity needs to move into space. Also a fully supported space
program would encourage young people to become engineers and
and growth in high tech industry. Look at the growth in electronics
over the past 50 years. What used to be science fiction is science fact.

We will likely see China building a base on the moon while we are
still arguing how to go to mars. Infrastructure on the moon is the
first step toward manned space travel. There we can learn to live
on another planet, while still close enough to the earth to give
aid during an emergency.

Our politicians first cut the space program each time they want to
cut the budget. Yes many people feel space is a waste, but that is
because they are ignorance of the benefits to mankind. I hope when
people see China and other countries move into space they will
ask why we are sitting still. Fortunately private industry is making some
small steps towoward space infrastructure, but it will take time.

oldrabbit.com

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
« Reply #515 on: January 10, 2019, 04:21:54 pm »
People cutting you off in traffic without using the turn signal...then they brake as soon as the get into your lane.  >:(
I took the red pill...

• Male
« Reply #516 on: January 20, 2019, 04:43:38 pm »
Math for the sake of math. It's a language that should be known, yes, especially as an engineer. You don't teach someone code by pulling random words out of a dictionary and pretending they are commands, you don't teach driving signage by making up arbitrary symbols and painting them bright colors and then saying the have meaning. These say nothing but gibberish, despite being languages, so why, why on this giant ball of half molten rock and life bearing crust is math taught that way?!

I passed math in HS with D's, failing one of the classes and taking it twice. I took physics, which sounds like it wouldn't make sense, but I wanted to know how the world worked, didn't care for biology and hated chemistry.

But I loved physics. For the first time in my life algebra made sense. I finally understood the meaning in it, and how to use it. I did really well in the class, took a second year in HS, and aced it. We did a lab with an air rocket, calculating it's trajectory and trying to hit a 6x10 tarp about a hundred yards away or so. We were launching the rocket three times and noting where our math was corrected each time. My teacher stood in the middle of it and said if we hit the tarp we get a B even if we didn't do the report, and if we hit him we get an A. My first was at his feet. He caught the second chest level and told me to go into artillery.

Now I'm staring at transfer functions that are supposed to describe a change in a signal, and I might as well be trying to read Dutch. The letters are the same for the most part. I can even guess at some of the words. I still have no clue what is happening. What the heck is a "signal"? I know what the word means, but I do not see what they are talking about, nor why I would need to manipulated it (I know there are reasons. I've even used them myself, but why and what for matters in understanding). It's just numbers and letters and symbols, all vomited onto paper that are supposed to mean something if I pretend the right way.  >:(

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #517 on: January 20, 2019, 05:30:54 pm »
Math for the sake of math. It's a language that should be known, yes, especially as an engineer. You don't teach someone code by pulling random words out of a dictionary and pretending they are commands, you don't teach driving signage by making up arbitrary symbols and painting them bright colors and then saying the have meaning. These say nothing but gibberish, despite being languages, so why, why on this giant ball of half molten rock and life bearing crust is math taught that way?!

I passed math in HS with D's, failing one of the classes and taking it twice. I took physics, which sounds like it wouldn't make sense, but I wanted to know how the world worked, didn't care for biology and hated chemistry.

But I loved physics. For the first time in my life algebra made sense. I finally understood the meaning in it, and how to use it. I did really well in the class, took a second year in HS, and aced it. We did a lab with an air rocket, calculating it's trajectory and trying to hit a 6x10 tarp about a hundred yards away or so. We were launching the rocket three times and noting where our math was corrected each time. My teacher stood in the middle of it and said if we hit the tarp we get a B even if we didn't do the report, and if we hit him we get an A. My first was at his feet. He caught the second chest level and told me to go into artillery.

Now I'm staring at transfer functions that are supposed to describe a change in a signal, and I might as well be trying to read Dutch. The letters are the same for the most part. I can even guess at some of the words. I still have no clue what is happening. What the heck is a "signal"? I know what the word means, but I do not see what they are talking about, nor why I would need to manipulated it (I know there are reasons. I've even used them myself, but why and what for matters in understanding). It's just numbers and letters and symbols, all vomited onto paper that are supposed to mean something if I pretend the right way.  >:(

Yup! I get all of that. Was a math minor and STILL did not understand the purpose of most of it! I think it was invented so people's brains had to do back flips while staring at a book and/or computer screen.
I took the red pill...

Offline charcoal

• artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #518 on: January 21, 2019, 01:24:22 am »
People telling me to leave the park tonight because I looked suspicious looking at the blood moon

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #519 on: January 21, 2019, 07:58:40 am »
When you are in the express check out line and you only have one item with you, and the person in front of you has WAY more then the "allowed" amount.
I try to be patient with such things, but when the person in front of you has many times over the amount and there are other lines (non-express) open, it can get bothersome.  >:(
I took the red pill...

Offline Old Rabbit

• Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #520 on: January 23, 2019, 01:01:06 pm »
Governments like to tell the public you have to do one  thing to
get another. Governments need to be sure those they require 
have the means to follow the requirements first.

Some states require people needing aid they must try to find
a job to be elegible. This is all well an good, but if they don't have
the means to look for a job, the government should provide it.
Otherwise it is unfair to the needy, and hurts us all.

The automotive and tire industry have worked hard to  prevent
or limit public transportation. Many times those in government are
complicit with this. So how can they expect people who can't afford
the  means of travel to  find work.
oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #521 on: February 01, 2019, 02:22:29 am »
The Pinterest disease on Facebook pages.

I've been collecting Christmas stuff for over 30 years now. Proud of my collection. I'm a cheap or accidental collector. Cheap because I can't afford to pay a fortune. Accidental because some of my best stuff have been found at the bottom of boxes I've got at yard sales or auctions. So I decided this year to share photos and thoughts on Facebook groups. Group after group have been inundated with gif of the day. Like pinterest only with comments. Real content being avalanched by unrelated gifs you can see by the thousands on pinterest. Like spam in an email account you have to sift through the garbage to get to any real content. I've gone through a good twenty Christmas groups to find a hand full that strictly stuck to their origins. One of the five remaining groups has come down with pinterest disease. There are still people posting real content. But you have to dig through the trash to get to it. Really upset about this because this group has a lot of really knowledgeable collectors. I've been able to date and identify some of my collection.  It's upsetting to see a good thing being trashed by thoughtless junk.

I went to join one group. The adm. contacted me and asked if I was a member of their sister group blah blah blah. I told them I left that group because it was nothing but 'gif of the day' posts. If this group is the same do not include me. Nice not having to quit another bad facebook group.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #522 on: February 01, 2019, 07:50:43 am »
When checking out at a store, the clerk asks for your phone number so that they can now send you mass mailings that you are not really interested in.
I took the red pill...

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #523 on: February 01, 2019, 02:58:40 pm »
FarFar. i never give them my phone number. Or email address. It's not like they're not going to sell you things if you say no. 

Turned off my notifications to that face book group. 30+ posts in two days of nothing but pinterest disease.

• Male
« Reply #524 on: February 01, 2019, 08:46:11 pm »
I tell them my number is *insert local area code* 867-5309. Some places I've lucked out and someone else had a rewards card there! I never touched their rewards, but I definitely used their discounts.  :D

The ding-dong that rides your tail trying to do forty. Hey speedy, there is, and I am not exaggerating, an inch of ice on the road. It looks like someone drove a Zamboni over it a few times to give it that extra nice, polished finish. Physics doesn't care if you have four wheel drive, the coefficient of rubber on ice stays the same, and it ain't much.