Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 22968 times)

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #525 on: February 01, 2019, 09:45:43 pm »
I tell them my number is *insert local area code* 867-5309. Some places I've lucked out and someone else had a rewards card there! I never touched their rewards, but I definitely used their discounts.  :D

And the clerks believe you?! :D

I don't always give my number, but sometimes I do for some stupid reason. 

The ding-dong that rides your tail trying to do forty. Hey speedy, there is, and I am not exaggerating, an inch of ice on the road. It looks like someone drove a Zamboni over it a few times to give it that extra nice, polished finish. Physics doesn't care if you have four wheel drive, the coefficient of rubber on ice stays the same, and it ain't much.

And, then they learn another law of physics....a body in motion tends to stay in motion!  :D
I took the red pill...

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #526 on: February 01, 2019, 09:52:33 pm »
Websites that try to guess your language based on what country your IP appears to be in, rather than the HTTP Accept-Language header sent by your browser. No, Google, I don't speak French; if I did, you would have to pardon it. >:( I don't even understand why they do this; surely geolocation takes more programming effort than just looking at a list of languages my browser is sending for this exact purpose?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 11:17:36 pm by Foxpup »
“Hmm... They have the Internet on computers now.” - Homer Simpson

“Art doesn't work without pain. Art exists for compensating pain.” - Till Lindemann

“There's a fine line between sayings that make sense.” - Too Much Coffee Man

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #527 on: February 03, 2019, 11:22:39 pm »
People who argue out in front of your apartment and when you go to tell them to take it outside they have the idea to act tough and threaten me if I "called the cops" they don't understand I have 911 in the form of a hammer by my door so go ahead be tough
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Online cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #528 on: February 06, 2019, 01:51:44 am »
Update on that face book page. I took a look this morning and it was really REALLY bad. I went through eight to ten pinterest disease posts to get to one post with real content. Then another eight to ten pinterest disease to find the next. Some of the stuff and nothing to do with the face book page. Two new members were doing this. Admin came in and cleaned it out!!!! Admin posted and put their foot down. Reminded members what the page is for. Out of well over fifty posts only five or six remain. And these are actually pictures of vintage stuff.

So because I have to keep this post on topic I have to find something to complain about. So I'm going to gripe about no longer being able to complain about that face book page. We old folks love to complain. When we can no longer complain about something we have to go find something else to do.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #529 on: February 06, 2019, 08:20:24 am »
I have to take one of my dogs to the vet today. Nothing serious (thankfully). But, I have to pay for a full visit even though the doctor will not even be looking at him.
I took the red pill...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #530 on: February 06, 2019, 03:21:55 pm »
I just got recently removed/banned/blocked from a group on Facebook..........and I was never contacted by the Admins of that group and told why.  :goldpissed:
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Online cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #531 on: February 07, 2019, 12:35:33 am »
Kobuk, bummer dude. Hopefully it wasn't a real important group for you hobbies.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #532 on: February 07, 2019, 07:21:06 am »

Kobuk, that sure stinks! >:(
I took the red pill...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #533 on: February 07, 2019, 01:12:12 pm »

Well, it kind of was as I really enjoyed seeing other modeler's work there. To the best of my knowledge, I never did anything trollish, abusive, etc.. All I did was comment/reply to another person and tell them to stop complaining about other people who make complaints, and that if he had a problem, he should have just PM'd the group's Admins with his concerns. Well, the guy (and possibly the Admins) didn't take well to my post and got all butthurt about it and decided to ban/block me from the group. And I can't be certain, but I am also 90% sure that any and all content that I had posted since day 1 of joining that group has also been purged.  >:( So in short........I never existed. And to make matters worse, I'm pretty sure this one guy was friends *crosses fingers* with one or more of the Admins. So much so in fact, that I'm sure favoritism played a part somewhere in this whole situation.  >:(

Go anywhere on FB and view/join different groups. Some group rules are written well, while others pretty much suck.  :P

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #534 on: February 07, 2019, 03:12:37 pm »

Well, it kind of was as I really enjoyed seeing other modeler's work there. To the best of my knowledge, I never did anything trollish, abusive, etc.. All I did was comment/reply to another person and tell them to stop complaining about other people who make complaints, and that if he had a problem, he should have just PM'd the group's Admins with his concerns. Well, the guy (and possibly the Admins) didn't take well to my post and got all butthurt about it and decided to ban/block me from the group. And I can't be certain, but I am also 90% sure that any and all content that I had posted since day 1 of joining that group has also been purged.  >:( So in short........I never existed. And to make matters worse, I'm pretty sure this one guy was friends *crosses fingers* with one or more of the Admins. So much so in fact, that I'm sure favoritism played a part somewhere in this whole situation.  >:(

Go anywhere on FB and view/join different groups. Some group rules are written well, while others pretty much suck.  :P

That really stinks regarding it affecting your hobby.  Favoritism of the sort that might of been played against you is NEVER a good thing.
I took the red pill...

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #535 on: February 08, 2019, 10:52:49 pm »
Neighbor fired up a semi tractor in his driveway at 0100 a few nights ago. Ice Road Truckers, anyone?
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #536 on: February 08, 2019, 11:54:06 pm »
I don't know about anybody else, but where I live, whenever I go to a gas station/convenience store or the regular grocery store and I want to pick up a package of large jumbo size blueberry (or other flavor) muffins, they always make them and sell them with a sugary crumble topping on them which I dislike.  :goldpissed:

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #537 on: February 09, 2019, 08:41:18 am »
I don't know about anybody else, but where I live, whenever I go to a gas station/convenience store or the regular grocery store and I want to pick up a package of large jumbo size blueberry (or other flavor) muffins, they always make them and sell them with a sugary crumble topping on them which I dislike.  :goldpissed:

I TOTALLY agree with you on this one. A person can't even taste the muffin. All one can taste is the sugar.  >:(
I took the red pill...

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #538 on: February 09, 2019, 08:43:53 am »
The loud, scratchy, impossible to understand what is being said "gas station TV" video that plays when you are pumping gas.
I took the red pill...

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #539 on: February 15, 2019, 07:14:17 pm »
The grocery store I frequent has just two machines to handle return of deposit cans and plastic bottles. Abandon all hope of returning your meager collection in a timely manner if someone at the front of the line transports their returns in 30-gallon trash bags (The "professional"). It will take longer to get your refund than to shop and check out. On those rare occasions when there are no lines, consider it a sign to buy a Powerball ticket!

There are indeed professional can/bottle return people. Actually saw an ad for one such service on a restarant placemat. They will take back your returnables for half of their value. This certainly explains the bags and bags of empties, causing more discouraged regulars, who may need to seek the services of a professional to recoup their loss. Quite a racket.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #540 on: February 18, 2019, 06:36:01 pm »
Them people who see you pulling out of the parking lot and stop right in your way
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #541 on: February 19, 2019, 11:48:13 pm »
Motorists who only signal their intent to turn mere seconds before doing so.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Official Birthday Wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #542 on: February 25, 2019, 12:43:26 pm »
I really think this country should put rich people on the same
level as the poorest of us all when it come to justice. The constitution
claims Justice for all, but when a rich man comes into court with
a  crowd of lawyers, he/she has an advatage a poor man with a
court appointed defender cannot get.

When prosecutors bring charges against a rich man he has to fight
a large legal defense team. So they often back off due to the fact
they don't have the time.

Often court appointed defenders are lawyers who don't care if
they win or not. A lawyer paid hundreds an hour it going to work
harder than one getting a lot less.

It's time we balance the scales, and  not let money run our justice
system.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #543 on: February 28, 2019, 01:23:32 pm »
What grinds my gears is how the public accepts over pricing of drugs
they buy. The drug industry prices by some arbitrary value that has
little to do with the cost of providing it. It's no different than someone
charging 100 times the cost for a drink of water in a disaster area or
a desert.

The public won't stand for this kind of usery, but they
let drug companies get by with virtually the same thing
every day.

It's time we tell our elected officials to put an end to this, and
make it illegal to take advantage of peoples needs. Just as they do
in times of need during disasters.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #544 on: March 09, 2019, 11:58:23 am »
It seems that whenever someone moves into the township, they don't seem to believe that certain rules still apply. Dogs and cats turned loose after dark, loud parties into the wee hours, fire pits, ATVs on the public roadways, and trash fires.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #545 on: March 09, 2019, 09:32:12 pm »
Antifreeze leaks that are hard to find, hard to fix, and threaten to keep your only vehicle from operating.
If at first you don't succeed, you have the diode backwards, again! -- Me.

RIP Heidi 11.5yrs, 07/08/2019, 2000 UTC.

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #546 on: March 10, 2019, 07:56:27 pm »
Have a short in the electrical system of my vehicle. Headlights keep blowing out and I can't find the problem.  >:(
I took the red pill...

Offline Old Rabbit

• Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #547 on: March 11, 2019, 01:03:59 pm »

Sorry to hear that Kobuk.
You would think they would give a person warning before kicking someone off
the forum. Perhaps you can find another modeling forum. One that
isn't so stiff necked.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #548 on: March 20, 2019, 12:13:35 am »
Today, about a tenth of one mile from home, I saw the motorist ahead of me swerve into the oncoming lane before hooking right to pull into a parking space at the neighborhood butcher shop--crossing in front of me. Had I not predicted the path of this driver, an accident could have resulted.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #549 on: March 20, 2019, 08:39:30 am »
Today, about a tenth of one mile from home, I saw the motorist ahead of me swerve into the oncoming lane before hooking right to pull into a parking space at the neighborhood butcher shop--crossing in front of me. Had I not predicted the path of this driver, an accident could have resulted.

YIKES! Glad you didn't get hit!
I took the red pill...