Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 23506 times)

Online charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #600 on: August 10, 2019, 01:23:09 pm »
People not expirenced enough to realize how to use a barrowed amp without killing it
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #601 on: August 10, 2019, 08:29:38 pm »
Driving the posted speeds and being overtaken and passed routinely.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #602 on: August 11, 2019, 05:21:55 am »
Burger King. That's right. The fast food place. I stopped going to the one here in town. Because they usually got my order wrong. Or the food was cold. Was at my mom's Sat. Decided to get everyone Burger King. Got home with it. No fries. Seems they can't get it right no matter where you go.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #603 on: August 11, 2019, 10:28:14 am »
Burger King. That's right. The fast food place. I stopped going to the one here in town. Because they usually got my order wrong. Or the food was cold. Was at my mom's Sat. Decided to get everyone Burger King. Got home with it. No fries. Seems they can't get it right no matter where you go.

This is going to happen no matter what at just about every fast food chain. There's a reason fast food is called "fast". It's designed to be cooked/put together in a hurry and gotten to the customer in as short a time as possible. Therefore, mistakes will occur.
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
« Reply #604 on: August 12, 2019, 08:15:09 am »
Waiting on hold for more then a half hour while trying to call customer service.
I took the red pill...

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #605 on: August 12, 2019, 04:51:46 pm »
I hate having to explain why i left my last job...over and over ... Can't I just say "Because sometimes things suck!"
Here is what I was intending to send to a potential employer because they asked me...

Hi 'L',

I am glad you asked.  Sadly, I was in a bad situation at LM partly due to my immediate manager, as I was being mismanaged and partly due to circumstances apparently out of my control.  I had competing factors for my time and attention which all served to make my time at LM very difficult indeed.  I asked for time off to regroup and was given a stern warning that no time off was allowed for me.

I was focused on completing work at the antenna test range where I had become an expert at my job (primary job site).  I was being pulled off to other areas where I was not an expert  to do other  risky tasks, leaving me unable to complete work on time at my primary job site.  This lead to upper management and customer disassitsfaction because scheules were not being met.  I appologiized to customers and told my immediate manager that I needed to focus on my main job duities and that the other tasks were not even in my job description.  This was not taken well by immediate manager and the pressure put to me.  Working 60+ hours per week, combined with the slow death of my dog from kidney disease, cost of living pressures, as well as a very bad neighbor all were too much, so I decided to make a change in my life for the better.  Not knowing what my future would hold, I sadly left after training 2 employees in a intense 3 week period of knowledge transfer.

In the end, I had to leave the area I was living, to get away from a dangerous neighbor who I and my landlord had to take to court for harassment, stalking, life threats and property damage over a 6 month period.  I also left the job at LM because I was being asked to compromise my integrity, quality of work, and important customer  relationships to satisfy my immediate supervisor.  And in my time between jobs, my beloved pet has passed away leaving me essentially starting from ground zero.  No home, no job, no pet.

It is hard to explain to people what my reasons for leaving were, and I hope this helps.  In the end I feel I made the correct choice to remove myself from a toxic working environment that was crushing my creativity and ethics, and potentially leading to poor results in an industry that can not tolerate failures.  And I sincerely doubt such a thing will happen again since it seems unlikely I could have that much bad luck again all at the same time.  "

In the end, all I really said was poor and unsafe working environment.
If at first you don't succeed, you have the diode backwards, again! -- Me.

RIP Heidi 11.5yrs, 07/08/2019, 2000 UTC.

Online charcoal

• artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #606 on: August 12, 2019, 07:06:04 pm »
Telemarketers calling me for info and telling me I got a warrent out for my arrest first of all I would been picked up already and there wouldn't be a foreigner calling me to say this next time he calls I'm gonna use voice impressions on em and be rude as possible or just say in a Spanish accent "k throw in a mean insult"

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #607 on: August 15, 2019, 03:23:07 pm »
There's a bus stop and shelter on the east side of a Walmart building where I shop. Every time I go to Wally World, I ALWAYS see shopping carts strewn about the bus stop area and "inside" the shelter area where people are supposed to sit.  >:( The bus shelter is not a parking garage for shopping carts!  >:( Why the hell people can't park the carts someplace else and properly stack them, I'll never know. Probably too damn lazy.  >:(

Online charcoal

• artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #608 on: August 15, 2019, 03:34:27 pm »
Fake friends who use your past and call you out on religion choices infront of his friends and get mad when I say shut it and walk out. Should I lay in to em or block em or both
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 03:38:33 pm by charcoal »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #609 on: August 16, 2019, 10:31:48 pm »
Why can't people put stuff back where it belongs in a grocery store? Particuarly refrigerated products? Sometimes when I'm shopping, I'll see a refrigerated product sitting in a non-refrigerated area/shelf that should really be in a cooler. Now the product is going to spoil.  :P

Online charcoal

• artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #610 on: August 16, 2019, 11:58:01 pm »
The old person who starts doing the Catholic hand gesture when I walk by in the store and try to stop me and talk to me about how my music is satanic. Oh I'm sorry I had a headset on and I'm an adult