Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 35544 times)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #650 on: February 03, 2020, 05:31:41 pm »
A co-worker, using a shared vehicle, keeps setting the climate and seat temperature controls to extreme. He is only in the car for ten minutes tops and the weather has been rather mild for this time of year. The car heat doesn't warm until the engine does, but the seat could fry eggs. What's this joker going to do when/if the dreaded Polar Vortex comes?

The same individual would change all the radio station presets in the other vehicle to Country and Sports Talk channels to prank me. Quite a feat, being on the clock and only 5 minutes in the Nitro.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #651 on: February 22, 2020, 04:38:38 am »
Pretentious, overbearing and complete nonsense cookbooks. We all know Martha Stewart. She has a style based on a fictitious past. It's easy to expect over the top hype luxurious ingredients. However unless the ingredients are hard to come by you can always count on being able to sub normal household items. What has always set her apart is what she does works. It'a easy to get past the gag and get to the good stuff. Then there's the Italian cookbook I bought myself for my birthday. Apparently this author got paid by the word. Not the content. What's written is so over the top pretentious it's not only hard to fallow, it's hard to read. You don't just add tomatoes. They have to be.... on and on and on. This same jargon is used every time you see the word "tomato". I'm supposed to believe the only anchovies I can use are the ones I harvest myself and prepare in "only the best, laser green, virgin olive oil". Like no one in Italy would ever dream of buying it in the same cans i do. Worst of all is the recipes themselves. Take the olive oil bread. Mix 20+ oz of flour with one, that's right, one tablespoon of olive oil. That's one half of a US ounce. For two loaves of bread. "it gives the bread a wonderful flavor." That's insane. My all time favorite white bread recipe calls for three tablespoons of Crisco. Even if I told you it was in there you'd never taste it. Guess I'll have to start calling it Crisco bread? There are so many questionable things in this book. Not to worry. I'll be using this book to cook with all summer! I'll be taring the pages out, crumpling them up and using them in a chimney starter to light the charcoal for the BBQ.

Normally when I get a cookbook I don't like I give it to someone else. Not this one.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #652 on: March 20, 2020, 09:16:59 pm »
The 3D model rocket parts require odd-size airframe tubing which is presently out-of-stock from the sole source. Not likely to re-stock soon due to the pandemic.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #653 on: April 22, 2020, 12:11:28 am »
It's one thing to endure a co-worker's taste in music for a shift, but another thing entirely to endure him singing along with said music.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #654 on: May 10, 2020, 01:05:58 pm »
All the stupid people who refuse to practice social distancing and refuse to wear masks during the coronavirus pandemic because it violates their "constitutional freedoms".

Get over yourselves and stop being pigheaded and stubborn!  >:(
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #655 on: May 10, 2020, 04:33:34 pm »
The price of flour. WOW????? I thought almost $6 a bag at the store was bad. 00 and other specialty flours are now selling for $12 to $15 a bag. Be glad when all this settles back down.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Male
« Reply #656 on: May 10, 2020, 07:06:38 pm »
All the stupid people who refuse to practice social distancing and refuse to wear masks during the coronavirus pandemic because it violates their "constitutional freedoms".

Get over yourselves and stop being pigheaded and stubborn!  >:(

This,  cubed...
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more

RIP Heidi 11.5yrs, 07/08/2019, 2000 UTC.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #657 on: May 10, 2020, 08:54:03 pm »
The price of flour. WOW????? I thought almost $6 a bag at the store was bad. 00 and other specialty flours are now selling for $12 to $15 a bag. Be glad when all this settles back down.

Not going to settle down any time soon. At least not for the immediate future. Coronavirus is impacting a lot of food production facilities, workers, and transportation of goods. Expect to see prices skyrocket on just about everything for a long time to come.

Offline BlueStreak

• Species: Sometimes Fox, Sometimes Horse
  • Male
« Reply #658 on: May 25, 2020, 03:14:58 pm »
People who unnecessarily back into parking spaces.

You took twice as long as you otherwise would have and nearly hit three people trying to do it; but oh, we're so impressed by your parking skills.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #659 on: May 25, 2020, 04:42:00 pm »
My coworkers. the machine I operate has a gallon of water every two seconds going through it. Water leaks can become an issue. When one starts we play this game. I let it go to see if anyone else is going to fix it. After a few weeks I'll fix it. Then my co workers will decide to re fix it. More often than not ending back up with a slower or back to the same water leak. I let them enjoy their handy work for another week. Go in and re fix it myself. This happens all the time. 

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #660 on: May 30, 2020, 06:18:17 pm »
People who unnecessarily back into parking spaces.

You took twice as long as you otherwise would have and nearly hit three people trying to do it; but oh, we're so impressed by your parking skills.

My passenger-side front fender was hit on two occasions  while parked at a supermarket. My theory--4wd pickup attempting to back into an adjacent spot. So I try parking next to the cart corral when getting groceries.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #661 on: June 07, 2020, 09:31:45 am »
Cyclists who are ignorant of the rules of the road: Riding against the traffic flow, and not using the designated bike path being prime examples.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #662 on: June 27, 2020, 09:52:46 pm »
ME. I can really grind my own gears sometimes. Ya'll know I play poker. No limit hold-em. Haven't played in years. Decided to look up some youtube vids on strategies. Most of the stuff I found I was already doing. Someone suggested I go back to WPT.com and play there again. What a total mistake. All there is to be thankful for is you don't have to pay to play. Here's some of the hands I lost. I have an ace high flush. Was beaten by a rainbow straight ( rainbow meaning more than one suit to make the straight ) I had three of a kind beaten by two of a kind. Had a pair of kings beaten by a pair of fours. Why does this grind my gears? Because i've had problems like this on WPT and PlayWPT before. And i was dumb enough to go back.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #663 on: June 29, 2020, 08:52:28 pm »
Crew-cab cowboys and the "big truck always wins" mindset. It's a free country of course, but how often are you hauling people, cargo, and actually use 4wd? Here in mid-MI the roads may be impassible one or two days each year thanks to snow plows.
One only saw such pickup trucks on construction sites or military bases--where they actually carried a crew to a tanker or bomber.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf, alt cross fox
  • Female
« Reply #664 on: July 02, 2020, 09:35:48 pm »
My dad not training the dogs. Specifically teaching them to stand up on their hind legs to SNAP at food and not to sit like good dogs do.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #665 on: July 03, 2020, 07:59:38 pm »
Shifting, unwritten rules with regard to shout-box posts during a stream show. No politics or ranting, I can understand, but jumping on someone for an attempt at humor or assigning a nefarious motive for posting drives me bonkers. Why not just post the rule: Just say "hi" then shut the heck up! Between you, me, and the fence post--I think someone's a tad over-caffienated.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #666 on: July 05, 2020, 12:00:10 pm »
1. People who refuse to wear masks during this coronavirus pandemic and give copout excuses for not wearing them.  >:(

2. People tearing down statues and making other "revisionist history" claims, etc. Tearing down statues and rewriting history to "get rid of the bad things" will NOT make those bad things go away. They are a part of history and need to be learned from. NOT removed and destroyed.

Offline BlueStreak

• Species: Sometimes Fox, Sometimes Horse
  • Male
« Reply #667 on: July 07, 2020, 06:37:06 pm »
People who wave Confederate flags in Northern states.

I'm not a fan in general, but it seems especially dumb when you're literally in the state that gave us Grant, Sherman and Sheridan.