Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 31618 times)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #650 on: February 03, 2020, 05:31:41 pm »
A co-worker, using a shared vehicle, keeps setting the climate and seat temperature controls to extreme. He is only in the car for ten minutes tops and the weather has been rather mild for this time of year. The car heat doesn't warm until the engine does, but the seat could fry eggs. What's this joker going to do when/if the dreaded Polar Vortex comes?

The same individual would change all the radio station presets in the other vehicle to Country and Sports Talk channels to prank me. Quite a feat, being on the clock and only 5 minutes in the Nitro.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #651 on: February 22, 2020, 04:38:38 am »
Pretentious, overbearing and complete nonsense cookbooks. We all know Martha Stewart. She has a style based on a fictitious past. It's easy to expect over the top hype luxurious ingredients. However unless the ingredients are hard to come by you can always count on being able to sub normal household items. What has always set her apart is what she does works. It'a easy to get past the gag and get to the good stuff. Then there's the Italian cookbook I bought myself for my birthday. Apparently this author got paid by the word. Not the content. What's written is so over the top pretentious it's not only hard to fallow, it's hard to read. You don't just add tomatoes. They have to be.... on and on and on. This same jargon is used every time you see the word "tomato". I'm supposed to believe the only anchovies I can use are the ones I harvest myself and prepare in "only the best, laser green, virgin olive oil". Like no one in Italy would ever dream of buying it in the same cans i do. Worst of all is the recipes themselves. Take the olive oil bread. Mix 20+ oz of flour with one, that's right, one tablespoon of olive oil. That's one half of a US ounce. For two loaves of bread. "it gives the bread a wonderful flavor." That's insane. My all time favorite white bread recipe calls for three tablespoons of Crisco. Even if I told you it was in there you'd never taste it. Guess I'll have to start calling it Crisco bread? There are so many questionable things in this book. Not to worry. I'll be using this book to cook with all summer! I'll be taring the pages out, crumpling them up and using them in a chimney starter to light the charcoal for the BBQ.

Normally when I get a cookbook I don't like I give it to someone else. Not this one.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #652 on: March 20, 2020, 09:16:59 pm »
The 3D model rocket parts require odd-size airframe tubing which is presently out-of-stock from the sole source. Not likely to re-stock soon due to the pandemic.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)