Author Topic: how did you create your fursona?  (Read 5855 times)

Offline ectoBiologist

• Species: wolf.
  • stay beautiful. keep it ugly.
  • Male
how did you create your fursona?
« on: November 11, 2015, 01:04:38 am »
basically, how did you come up with the idea for your fursona, and how did you put this idea into action to create your current fursona? pretty self-explanatory.

my fursona actually spawned off an original character i created. it was an absolutely horrid character, some calling him a "gary-stu". so, gary-stu had a lime scarf he wore everywhere. he hid his scars from battles with it. due to this, he'd grown to despise war and things like that. he was also one-eyed, and to top it all of, he had a peg-leg. none of this seemed to deteriate his attractiveness, though, as he aparently had "5 mates". i made the oc when i was 9 years old, so of course it was going to be bad. anyways... fast forward a few years, and i'm going through my old drawings. i come across one of gary-stu, and decide to re-create him. i turned him into a lime-fur-lined white wolf, a pacifist, but with great battle skills if he had to go into battle. it took a while for me to fully create his personality, which i'm not going to reveal here, as i would go on and on if i did. anyways, that's it! how about you?

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: how did you create your fursona?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 12:50:05 pm »
 I ended up with a rabbit fursona because I have always been a fan of rabbit characters and
liked to draw them. So when I first got on the internet back in 1997 I found a art site called
"Yerf" Applied to join with the name "Oldrabbit"  So happened they accepted me with that
username. Yerf isn't around now days, but I did start a website with the name oldrabbit.com . to post my drawings, but due to vision problems I haven't been able to updated it for some time. So I mostly post them here on furtopia.

I did do some roleplaying on a few MUCKs as Oldrabbit, but that's been about 15 years
ago. Now days I mostly moderate here a couple hours a day.
oldrabbit.com

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 06:58:15 pm »
As most of you are well aware by now, i don't have one "true" fursona.  Instead, i see a bit of myself reflected in each character i write about and RP with.

I may update this post later if i'm feeling up to going over some details about the characters i feel the closest to.

Offline macifer

• Species: Raccoon
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 11:50:06 pm »
I have a raccoon fursona, named Zeb. I used to have a black cat, but wanted something a bit more distinctive. I occasionally wear heavy black eye-shadow, which I jokingly call "raccoon makeup". I like raccoons a lot, and they're some of the few animals I actually encounter out of zoos, since I live in a city. I think of cats as dignified, and graceful, but that doesn't really describe me. Raccoons are clever, but kinda ridiculous, which suits me in a lot of ways.

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 01:57:18 am »
My fursona, Parker "Doc" Jackson, is a fox because I felt connected to foxes somehow. At first he was a wolf, but I changed it to a fox after rewriting my book. The book itself was pretty good. Quick summary was he never met his mom, she died shortly after his birth, 24 years later, his dad goes on a business trip. On his way back, his plane exploded with the force of a 3 kiloton bomb. A bit much from a passenger aircraft, but this was on another planet. In a different point in time. These planes were fueled by one miligram of antimatter. The blast killed his dad, all 400 passengers and 30 citizens below and injured 700 including Parker and his soon to be wife. That is kind of why he has such a serious face. He has no parents. He never knew one of them, he watched the other die. Anyway, that story is why Parker came into existence. I am using him for a different book, and I just had an idea! I'll tie in the new book with the old book! Oh well. Now you know.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 03:49:15 am »
I don't want to go into detail so I'll make it real short... I just thought for a while.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Bronx

• Species: Anthro red and grey wolf
  • I listen to too much music.
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 10:57:03 pm »
My fursona currently doesn't have much of a backstory, but I came up with him one day back in August when I became a furry. I started looking at art on FurAffinity, thinking of what he might look like, then I got an image in my head and spent 2 hours getting his drawing perfect. His name is Bronx, a grey wolf with yellow chest and red tail and ears. His name is Bronx because I wanted to have a name I had not heard before in the fandom.

I chose a wolf fursona because when I think of wolves, I think dark and brooding. That's what I like to think about myself.

I should really write a story about him, but all I have so far is that he is a very talented musician in a rock band. :)
www.youtube.com/craterwolf
Furry code: FCW3ad A- C- D H++ M- P+ R- T+++ W- Z- Sm- RLU a- cn++ e- f h* i++ p+ sm

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 05:18:03 am »
Long story short:

Met a cool fur named Rufus tsynorca at the time, looked into the fandom, and played around with some ideas. I think I went with cheetah because I've got a runners build, and because I think I'm a bit narcissistic, and went into it around there. Waaaaayyy back, back in '07. Was in and out of the fandom for a while before coming back in.

So yeah, it's shallow but I based my sona on those two things.
Every now and then...

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 11:21:45 pm »
In 2007, I was asked to create a mascot for the model rocketry course that I help instruct at CAP summer encampment. Wile E. Coyote is known for tinkering with rockets and coyotes are regarded as magicians or wizards in SW indian folklore, there was also an SNL cast member named Charles Rocket, so I came up with Rocket T. Coyote. Later, I learned about a Shoshone campfire story about the coyote who almost went to the Moon with the help of a bright star. So I knew it was a good fit.

I have also tricked/befriended other animals in the wilds and have had a number of friendly encounters with coyotes. I can say that I've been mooched from by my fursona creature.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Dontaru

• Species: Silver Fox
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 03:51:16 am »
Well I was playing D&D as a kitsune named Dontaru in a campaign for a long while and a few people from it referred to me as that out side the campaign and it kinda caught on with multiple others and I kinda just kept using it as a name online. kinda just modified from there by changing it to a Silver Fox and adding a last name(I kinda forgot one in that campaign....) So I guess I have been called Dontaru with them referring to an anthropomorphic fox longer than I have considered myself a furry.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 04:00:49 am »
Well I like both foxes and wolves so after being a wolf then a fox I decided to mix the two and Firelight was made.
As for Valentine well I love Dutch angel dragons and the name had been floating in my head so I finally made an angel dragon fursona.

Offline Nagi

• Species: Spider
  • I'm a spider now :3
  • Female
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 01:11:01 am »
I've been through a few fursonas now but I'm really hoping my current one sticks as I couldn't be happier with a different character even though sometimes I think I'd be better as something more common though x.x
How she came to be, basically I just wanted a spider character. I've always been afraid of spiders but loved spider characters. Almost as soon as I made her though something just felt more right about being a spider than anything else. After thinking for awhile there are plenty of reasons why a spider is pretty much perfect for me despite my now mild phobia of them. She's not always a "werespider" but I always liked were-creatures and do enjoy being human sometimes so I gave her the ability to shapeshift between human and anthropomorphic spider(anything less just freaks me out too much), although to keep it a bit realistic and to match my personality a bit she can't shift well by will and mostly does during extreme emotion and is unable to turn back for awhile. Then gave her some of my favorite colors(red and pink), my personality and boom fursona :3 There also some other personal stuff on how/why she came to be but what I typed already is pretty much it.
I really need to come here more often XP

Offline Weirdwolf

• Species: Eudyptula minor (fairy [little] penguin)
  • Call me Cookie! X3
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 03:38:54 pm »
Personally, I created my 'sona after learning about Cookie the Little Penguin from the Cincinnati Zoo, and I just went from there: An anthropomorphic little penguin that looks and dresses just like me. I even named the 'sona after the same penguin, Cookie. I'm not very good at pretending to be somebody different, so I just made him have the same personality as me: same likes, same dislikes, etcetera, only I also gave him a few penguin-like traits, such as a love for fish (in reality I'm vegetarian), as well as a habit of chortling like an actual penguin would. It's a simple concept, but it's what I feel works for me. :)
Dare to be all that you can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wTWWjYTe1I

Offline Honey Bun

• Species: Bunny
  • Scurry Furry Fury!
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 03:24:21 am »
It. Took. Forever.

I couldn't decide on a species. I drew tigers, turtles, salamanders,  domestic cats, arctic wolves, aussie dogs, corgies, ponies, dragons, orcas, pandas, raccoons, skunks, owls... and other stuff I can't currently remember.  I drew several designs for some of these species. I wanted something that not only fit my own personality traits and quirks, but also something that I could kinda already look like to some human degree.

Bunnies crossed my mind a few times, but I never drew any that were really meant to be me, until a few weeks ago. I randomly started drawing myself as a bunny, and the more I drew, the more my brain was like "YES." And when I was finished with the drawing, I just knew it was the one. And that's how my sona came to be.

Tl; dr- I over-thought it and couldn't make a solid decision until I turned my thinking off and just drew what came to me. And it showed up on its own.
*hops away*

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 09:30:43 pm »
Iara began as a Jurassic Park raptor with a series of stories in the style of Bob Bakker's Raptor Red (her original name was Raptor also!). Over time, I changed her appearance to fit with paleontology's standards, although she kept her green eyes and brown skin. She was originally created when I was in 4th grade, if I remember correctly, and had a series of adventures with Sonic characters as well as with fellow dinosaurs as part of a Warrior Clan in several comic books I made by hand. The early written concepts of Raptor--her adventures in the Amazon rainforest with a jaguar named Flash, her journey escaping from a mad scientist lab with a quetzal as her comedic relief and guide, and her development as a heroine and Warrior--all merged into my current story with her as the protagonist, Iara's Crossing.

Moongaze is one of several secondary fursonas I developed over the years. She is a melanistic jaguar with rosettes that exhibit labradorescence--they change colors in the light, from a faded gray to brilliant blue-green. Her eyes are blue and her hair is dark brown with white streaks. I came up with her character when I wrote a story here on the forums, and while doodling at my local coffeeshop.  (:

Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Solodarkwolf5

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 05:46:20 pm »
Solo was actually based off of Wolf from Star Fox. I absolutely adored Wolf's design and I guess that was when Solo came into my vision. At that time, I had no idea what "furries" were but I fell in love with anthropomorphic animals and wolves from that one character. Her name, Solo, is surprisingly older than her design. I always loved that word. Not only because of my Spanish heritage but also because I felt like it meant something big to me when I was just a small child. Even over the years, I feel like Solo is the perfect word to describe me. I am a solo dark wolf~

Offline photalysis

• Species: SynthServal
  • L·I·A·R
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 07:46:06 pm »
I wouldn't call my 'sona "complete," and I don't expect that it ever will be.

What can I say? I've always felt a strong affinity with cats of all sizes and shapes. The Lion King and the Warrior Cats book series probably had some influence on me. They appear to me as inscrutable creatures of ambivalence and conflict, unlikely to follow mass trends or infringe overly much on the wills of others. A cat must be, above all, impartial, and not feel obligated to make sense to others, or even of others. They are transitive beings, and mediators.

I chose the Serval because I found them to be wild - and yet, gentle. They are graceful and beautiful, besides. Their legs are spindly and faun-like, their eyes and ears attuned to the imperceptible. Servals are cats of extraordinary character.

Beyond the simplest attributes of species and personality, my 'sona has undergone a few changes that went unannounced and unnoticed. I can't seem to make up my mind.
a.k.a. Tuvoi ->◊<-

Offline Literate Lycan

• Species: Gothic grey wolf
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 03:48:23 am »
My fascination with wolves dates back a long time. "Literate Lycan" is a more recent creation. I've worked with books and libraries most of my career and a few years back toyed with the idea of a blog which featured short book reviews I'd written, along with recommendations and other book commentaries. I created several names for the blog, all of which related to reading, libraries, books, and wolves. Most of the names were either in use already or just too awkward to work. "Literate Lycan" had the requisite literary and lupine references and wasn't claimed by anyone. So it's mine.

Don't look for the blog. It never existed. More crucial matters, from technology problems to family health issues, prevented its creation. Eventually, though, the concept was revived as a Twitter feed.

Wolves represent family, resourcefulness, sociability, and the unexpected in nature. They've been unjustly made the villain in countless stories and fairy tales. There are probably more literary anecdotes about wolves than any other animal except horses. My signature line, "All stories are about wolves..." is the beginning of a quote from the Margaret Atwood novel "Blind Assassin," and I found the quote in Jodi Picoult's novel "Lone Wolf." Literate Lycan was created partly to counter the idea of wolves--and werewolves--as the bad guys. He's a well-read, older, urbane sort of fellow of considerable means who seeks to change the human perception of his wolfen brothers and sisters. There's a bit of the gothic in him which derives from the literary styles of the 19th century. That's shown by the raven badges on his arms--a direct reference to Edgar Allan Poe.

Literate Lycan has other online incarnations--as a National Novel Writing Month member and as a Twitter account with mini-book reviews and comments. And he finally has a real first name: Varek. At some point I'll need to make Varek the fursona and Literate Lycan as the writing/book commentary identity, but they're really the same personality: Varek, the literate lycan.
"All stories are about wolves..." -- Margaret Atwood, "Blind Assassin"

Avatar by Blitzy Arts : www.blitzy-arts.weebly.com

FA: www.furaffinity.net/user/varek-wolf
Twitter: @VarekWolf

Furry code: FCWh3a A- C D H+ M- P- R+ T W Z Sm- RLGP a+++ cm+ e+++ f h++++ i+ j p+

Offline Taivana

• Species: Coyote
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 05:04:58 pm »
My fursona Tai's current design took me a while to think up even though it's a pretty simple one, and that's because I regard her almost as a visual representation of my soul (if that makes sense?) and I wanted to incorporate as many of my characteristics into her appearance as possible. I chose to make her a coyote because coyotes are seen as witty and jokers/clowns, two of my main characteristics. (There are also other smaller reasons like they usually live in packs and don't like to be alone etc.) Each of her physical features represent some of my personality traits, most of which are quite personal and I don't like sharing, but a not-so-personal example would be the largeness of her ears, which represents musicality, and the very long fur inside them which represents my general inability to listen/pay attention. (whoops XD) And as she is literally the animal representation of me and my soul, naturally her personality is exactly the same as me.

Fursona-designing is srs business.
Awoo

Offline Robert_Silvermyst

• Species: Archangel Wolf
  • High King of Furgasta
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2016, 03:37:45 am »
I took four of my favorite things and brought them into one. First, my passion for wolves. Wolves are a magnificent species of animal that has been hunted and hated wrongfully throughout the centuries. I feel a strong connection to them, always have since I was a child.
I have a fascination for the age of knights and virtue, the medieval and Renaissance. I loved reading about the adventures set in fantasy and true medieval stories. The castle that still stand, an era of chivalry, Arthurian legends.
I have a love for the Egyptian pantheon. Egyptology is a fascination of mine, and the deities are much more relatable. I do not believe the God is perfect. I do not believe there is pure good and pure evil. I believe there is a duality in everything, that these things are two sides to the same coin, and so did the egyptians.
Finally, the virtues found in the Ultima series and Ultima Online. The virtues make the most realistic sense, and I see it as something my fursona would root themselves in. Honesty, Compassion, Valor, Justice, Honor, Sacrifice, Spirituality and Humility.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2016, 10:42:00 am »
Locked due to gravedigging.

If a thread has not been posted in within the last six months, please create a new thread for discussion.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#