Author Topic: My pet is addicted to ___  (Read 29576 times)

Offline Obsydian

• Species: Cabbit
  • Fluffy Cabbit
  • Female
    • LunaCrystal Creations
Re: My pet is addicted to ___
« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2014, 03:08:39 pm »
My cat really likes lettuce?  He steals it when he can.  He's the weirdest big guy ever and has such crazy quirks. 
On top of stealing lettuce, he steals earbuds, wires, chopsticks, pens, HAIRTIES and anything resembling them, and tries to steal anything shiny or long.   Ferret cat.

He was an abandoned cat in a park across town which we came across while looking for our other missing cats.  I put up notices to see if he belonged to anybody, but nobody claimed him.  He doesn't really read cat body language so much as human language, so I feel he was raised as a young kitten by people.  Poor guy, but he's  happy and not hungry now. :D
Syd | She/They | 30s

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2014, 12:57:47 pm »
I had a dog once that was always finding snuggly warm places to sleep.  One morning she
appeared to be gone. After some looking I found the end of her muzzle bearly sticking out of
the cuff of a coat sleeve. She had tried to crawl through it and was stuck. I picked up the sleeve
and out she slid, glad to be free.  She never did that again.  At least crawling into a
coat sleeve.  :D
oldrabbit.com

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2014, 10:30:39 pm »
Hehe.  When I was younger, the family dog was a huge fan of yogurt.  Mostly we purchased the kind that came in the tall cylindrical plastic containers, so at some point she found one and managed to get it stuck to her bottom jaw and could not get it off.  Nobody noticed until somebody observed: "hey, why is the dog walking around with a yogurt can stuck to her face?"  She looked really ashamed, as she usually did when scolded for stealing trash, but we though it was so funny that we just laughed for hours.
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2014, 01:54:43 am »
my cat is addicted to cat nip

he'll follow you any were with it
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2015, 09:58:25 am »
The local cottontails love apples. So I indulge them from time to time. They sometimes photobomb my backyard trailcam.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Takanuva

• Species: Dragon
  • I like Bionicle and Dragons.
  • Male
    • Takanuva-Toa-Of-Light
« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2015, 04:07:16 pm »
I'm not 100% sure if this thread is gravedigging, but what the heck. My cat LOVES to eat and pick the artificial snow off my christmas tree. No matter what I do, he just won't stop. I'm not sure if he's eating it, given he doesn't seem to get sick, but half the tree's green and the other half is still white.

Offline Honey Bun

• Species: Bunny
  • Scurry Furry Fury!
  • Female
« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2016, 03:35:57 am »
Our dog is addicted to eating her own fur (she sheds little clumps in the summer, and she will literally steal them from your hand when you're trying to brush her), and also I accidentally made her love whipped cream. >.>' She comes running every time I use one of those canned whipped cream things. I've tried to get her to hold still so I can squirt some on her nose, but she won't do it. >.>'
*hops away*

Offline photalysis

• Species: SynthServal
  • L·I·A·R
  • Male
« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2016, 03:48:31 am »
Strawberries. Apparently, the greens are an analogue for catnip. She doesn't eat it, just kind of bats it around and acts thrilled overall (:

Also, refried beans. Absolutely loves the stuff. Less surprisingly: Bacon. Doesn't seem to enjoy the act of chewing cheese.
a.k.a. Tuvoi ->◊<-

Offline Literate Lycan

• Species: Gothic grey wolf
  • Male
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2016, 02:49:32 am »
Years ago we had a cat who, in addition to the usual feline addictions of tuna and catnip, loved tomato juice. Weird.

Cats are inscrutable.
"All stories are about wolves..." -- Margaret Atwood, "Blind Assassin"

Avatar by Blitzy Arts : www.blitzy-arts.weebly.com

FA: www.furaffinity.net/user/varek-wolf
Twitter: @VarekWolf

Furry code: FCWh3a A- C D H+ M- P- R+ T W Z Sm- RLGP a+++ cm+ e+++ f h++++ i+ j p+

Offline Taivana

• Species: Coyote
  • Female
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2016, 05:09:12 pm »
My guinea pig will do anything for parsley. She'll even do tricks like a dog XD
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:20:47 pm by Taivana »
Awoo

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2016, 09:58:29 pm »
My tomcat spent his first Christmas sleeping in the Christmas tree. In later years, he would sleep under it. The was a squirrel ornament he would always find, remove, and play with.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2016, 12:04:47 pm »
 :goldbloody:...the taste of living squirrels!  :goldbloody:

Seriously, she likes killing and eating things that are small, fast, and furry.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline ceres

• Species: Corgi
  • Awoo!
  • Female
« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2016, 01:27:06 am »
My dog is addicted to chinchilla poop. Anything she kicks out, he cleans up. It works out!
Poke at me if you want me Telegram or Twitter. They're all I really use any more. ^//^

Offline CatDetective

• Species: Cat
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2016, 07:15:08 pm »
My baby doesn't really go for people food (though he often gets confused about the fact that my sister is eating something other than cat food, like... why?), but he does overeat when we don't carefully monitor his diet. And he always thinks he wants things that smell spicy, but he doesn't actually like the taste. The worst thing with him is that he's addicted to plastic. He's always stealing garbage that we've got to wrestle away from him.

The other cat in the family, though... he's pretty omnivorous, and he'll steal right off your plate if he gets the chance (and he tries to drink coffees and teas if you don't watch your cups). His favorites include string cheese, yogurt (unless it has artificial sweeteners), oatmeal (the chewy bits, not just the milk at the bottom of the bowl-- when he was a kitten, my dad spoiled him by letting him just lick up anything that wasn't poisonous to him, and since he's not predisposed to weight gain or health problems in general, it hasn't done him much harm-- if anything, we think he's going to be one of those thirty year old cats that people can't believe is still running around like a kitten), and vegetables! He likes cooked carrots and green beans all right, he doesn't care about corn niblets, but loooves the cob, he used to scrape artichoke leaves with his teeth like a person, and his favorite is asparagus.

The only real problem with him is that he steals food you're trying to eat, and that he goes for food that makes him gassy and then he goes to cuddle with you for comfort because his tummy is upset and he has no idea WHY. And then he produces powerful odors.

Offline some_random_wusky

• Species: a wusky, of course!
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2016, 09:43:26 am »
my pet is addicted to non-existenece! i dont have a pet.  :(
honestly thinks we need another mass extinction

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2016, 05:14:11 pm »
The vixen who visits my backyard nightly loves marshmallows.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Beag L. Howler

« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2016, 09:20:11 pm »
My cat loves cheese curls, for some reason. Not that I disagree with her.

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2016, 12:17:14 am »
There's a joke around my family that my dog is addicted to crack because of her spastic behavior. One day, I came home and found white powder all over my stairs and the first thing that came out of my mouth was, "Ada! Did you spill your crack?" She wagged her tail.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.