Author Topic: Has anyone seen the new IKEA advert?  (Read 4655 times)

Offline Bluetabbycat

• Species: Generic tabby cat
Has anyone seen the new IKEA advert?
« on: July 15, 2017, 02:07:01 pm »
Has anyone seen the new IKEA advert with the lion in it? I really liked it, and the fursuit is great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVUdbNjuNqw

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Has anyone seen the new IKEA advert?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 01:50:49 pm »
No, I haven't seen it. But now that you mention it, Thanks for sharing.  ;)  Looks like a really good fursuit, especially the head. I'd be really curious to know what special effects or costume company made the suit. No seams at the wrist or ankle areas which I can see which means it's a one piece bodysuit with a seperate detachable headpiece. No large tearduct areas or other openings for the actor to see through the head. I'm guessing the actor would have to be very good at pantomime or other performance actions to act in a suit with little or no visibility. Might even be taking cues from the director off screen too with the director saying when to move the arms, when to stand, and so forth. I was disappointed at the scene of the lion drinking the juice. Bad way to ruin a costume.  :( I hope the juice doesn't stain the fur too badly.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 02:01:41 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Sir_Party_Snax

• Species: Lion
  • I am a "little" more than just a lion.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 06:13:28 am »
It's just me chilling out.  8)
"Ich bin die Wand aus Stein und das Herz aus Gold."

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 01:31:43 pm »
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing the actor in the fursuit is very visually impaired.  There's not much there to look through. 
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 02:10:36 pm »
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing the actor in the fursuit is very visually impaired.  There's not much there to look through.

That's what I mentioned before. ;)
No large tearduct areas or other openings for the actor to see through the head. I'm guessing the actor would have to be very good at pantomime or other performance actions to act in a suit with little or no visibility. Might even be taking cues from the director off screen too with the director saying when to move the arms, when to stand, and so forth.