Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
convention talk / Re: Anthrocon 25th & 30th annifurrsaries.
« Last post by Kobuk on June 29, 2022, 08:26:32 pm »
Well, I hope everyone has a good time at AC this year. It'll be the first year the con was "back to normal" so to speak since there was no AC in 2020 and 20221 due to covid.
I subscribed to the Facebook AC group so I can keep up with all the photos and activities, etc.
I hope not too many people suffer airline travel delays and cancellations. There's been a lot of news in the last several months of airlines cutting flights due to staff shortages, covid, etc.  I wish everybody well in making it to the con and also back home.
That's one thing I never liked about AC: Always (or almost always) the con falls on July 4th week/weekend which is one of the busiest times for traveling.  x_x
word games / Re: The last thing you bought.
« Last post by Kobuk on June 29, 2022, 08:19:39 pm »
A large media cabinet (Blu-ray, DVD, etc.) from a furniture resale shop for $20. Hardly anything wrong with it and in very good condition too.
general non-furry discussion / Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Last post by cause the rat on June 29, 2022, 02:03:35 pm »
Got two things to gripe about today.

Getting mail that should go to my conspiracy theorist neighbor. The last time I walked over to give them their mail he answered the door with a gun. These folks are nuts and I want nothing to do with em. Unfortunately the mail I got this time I thought was junk mail. I opened it. So now I'll have to go to the post office and explain what happened and why I wont had it in person to them.

Just go my car back. Haven't been driving it for more than two weeks now. Transmission is acting up again. The one they just replaced. That took over a month to replace. It'll be going back in the shop next week.
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Good News" thread.
« Last post by Kobuk on June 27, 2022, 09:31:11 pm »
Got a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place medals for 3 different models I took to a contest yesterday. :)

AWESOME Kobuk! Keep smashing the competition!

So far, I'm up to 101 awards from 20 years worth of going to model contests. Not too bad I guess.
general non-furry discussion / Re: Random Thought For The Day
« Last post by cause the rat on June 26, 2022, 03:13:06 pm »
One item. I remember where it was. I put it somewhere new. Still remember where it was and have no idea where i put it. I've done this all my life. I've realized this isn't a 'getting older' thing. It's more of a not learning from my mistakes thing.
« Last post by Kobuk on June 26, 2022, 01:31:06 pm »
A co-worker abusing refrigerator privileges. Someone shoved a whole case of bottled water in there at one assignment.
  Presently, I was crowded off a shelf by someone with more groceries than some campground stores. These include about a dozen different dips, sauces, dressings, and condiments; a gallon jar of pickles, a gallon bucket of pickled veggies, a half-gallon of tea, a quart of coffee creamer, and a sealed can of beans. Plus a travel mug.

The dude-in-question recently interviewed for another job. Everyone's hoping that he gets it.

At my last place of employment, it wasn't just refrigerator privledges being abused, it was also the microwave too in the employee lunch room. Nobody bothered to clean the microwave if there was a "food explosion" and the microwave looked gross.  :P As for the fridge, people would put stuff in, and then sometimes they'd forget about it and then we'd have horrible smells coming from the fridge and/or containers of food with mold growing inside of them.
word games / Re: What are you eating/drinking right now game?
« Last post by Kobuk on June 26, 2022, 01:26:17 pm »
Enjoying a cold bottle of Sprecher root beer soda. :) 
general non-furry discussion / Re: T G I F What are you doing this weekend?
« Last post by Kobuk on June 26, 2022, 01:24:48 pm »
Absolutely nothing.  :P
Try some cosplay, bike ride, work on hobby projects, then tune in to FPS.
« Last post by Rocket T. Coyote on June 26, 2022, 07:52:57 am »
A co-worker abusing refrigerator privileges. Someone shoved a whole case of bottled water in there at one assignment.
  Presently, I was crowded off a shelf by someone with more groceries than some campground stores. These include about a dozen different dips, sauces, dressings, and condiments; a gallon jar of pickles, a gallon bucket of pickled veggies, a half-gallon of tea, a quart of coffee creamer, and a sealed can of beans. Plus a travel mug.

The dude-in-question recently interviewed for another job. Everyone's hoping that he gets it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10