Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
word games / Re: The last thing you bought.
« Last post by Kobuk on September 20, 2022, 06:38:20 pm »
Toothpaste
Dish soap
Beastars manga Vol.20
"Das Boot" Director's Cut Blu-ray movie
news forum / Re: Banning books on race and gender.
« Last post by Kay Alett on September 16, 2022, 12:17:21 pm »

Let's get back to questions like:
Should schools and/or libraries stock these types of books? Or ban them?
Do politicians have the right to ban these types of books?
What rights do parents have or not have in what is selected at the school/library for reading material?

Should these books be in schools? I think age appropriate books on these subjects should be in schools, sure.
Teach kids from an early age that being gay is okay and gay people aren't dangerous.

Teach them that skin color is just that, color, it has no bearing on a person's character.
Then as they grow up introduce more complicated topics on top.

Should politicians ban these books? What gives them the right? Politicians do not get to decide for the people what should and should not be taught in the schools.

If schools aren't going to teach the kids about these kinds of subjects parents must.

Banning books is just asinine. Let people read, let them see and if the author is wrong then they will only condemn themselves.
It's censorship and censorship is just flat out wrong. I don't care how loudly you scream "won't someone think of the children".

I could go on but I'm close to getting off topic and taking the offramp to censorship debate county and we're not here for that.
word games / Re: The last thing you bought.
« Last post by cause the rat on September 16, 2022, 12:31:36 am »
A tube of Cerulean Blue oil paint. This is a lighter blue color. Trying to mix colors without, or using as little as possible, white paint. This is hands down the most toxic tube of paint I own. Definitely don't want to get this stuff anywhere on me.
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Good News" thread.
« Last post by Firelight on September 11, 2022, 05:41:07 pm »
Comic con was fun and Firelight was a hit! Also went to a furmeet that happened at comic con. Never knew they had one!
general non-furry discussion / Re: Local weather
« Last post by Firelight on September 11, 2022, 05:38:28 pm »
Smoky and hot
general non-furry discussion / Re: Local weather
« Last post by Kobuk on September 11, 2022, 09:15:43 am »
Cloudy, rain all day. Temps in the low 60's.
« Last post by Kobuk on September 11, 2022, 09:13:39 am »
Guys, you're getting off topic about my topic which is supposed to be about discussing banning books about race and/or gender/sexual orientation.  >:(

Let's get back to questions like:
Should schools and/or libraries stock these types of books? Or ban them?
Do politicians have the right to ban these types of books?
What rights do parents have or not have in what is selected at the school/library for reading material?
« Last post by cause the rat on September 11, 2022, 05:15:09 am »
Now here's an exercise you can do. You can prove to yourself that "righty" views are the same as communists. Look up old Fox New Network's programs on these topics.

"Critical thinking is a waist of time"
"Well educated people are dangerous"
"Free thinkers are dangerous"
"Thinking outside the box is dangerous"

Far right equals nazi therefor nazi equals far right. This reads like Hitler's Manifesto.
« Last post by cause the rat on September 11, 2022, 04:54:47 am »
Shadow banning is a lie. Social media sites have rules. Break those rules and you get banned. Both far left and far right posters get banned for breaking rules. Shadow Banning is a lie used by extremists to make it sound like they are victims of censorship.

Evidence? So your claiming to have never heard about furries using litter boxes in schools? Or how furries use transgender bathrooms? Or do you believe these "righty" lies?

The constitution does not give you the right to buy anything. The government has now and has always had the right to regulate what weapons you can own. it is a right wing lie to say otherwise. And a favorite tactic. As soon as someone points out facts the far right scream "GUN CONTROL" It's very "righty" to hold onto a lie to prove a point.

The idea that all view points are equal does not mean all view points are right. Making an argument that a view point should be right is right wing propaganda. You have done well to prove my point.

Nazi was a far right extremist government far removed from the labor party. The labor party would have never invaded Poland. Your historical reference is flawed.  No. Nazi does not mean "I don't like you".

"Spoken like a true leftoid. Stalinist Russia,  Maoist China and all their vassal states banned books too.  I'm sure North Korea still does. So what's your point? Authoritarian regimes gotta authoritarian." Yes. You praised oppressive governments. You made it clean you believe America should also be oppressive and ban books as well.

Thank you. The rest of your post was as argument against the far right. So you claim I'm for the far right by arguing against them? How "righty" of you.
general non-furry discussion / Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Last post by cause the rat on September 10, 2022, 10:35:53 pm »
For those who think furry cons are expensive. Just checked out a Plein Air con in Denver. For those who don't know plien air is painting outdoors. Anyway the cost of  the con is $1097.00. You sake $400 by booking early. You still have to book a room. Plus food, transport and your own equipment . Almost three grand before you get in the door. I'll pass.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10