Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
traditional and digital artwork / Re: A Rat's journey in oil painting.
« Last post by cause the rat on September 01, 2022, 03:30:02 am »
Every time I do something I find something that needs attention. It all boils down to two things. Discipline and observation. Honestly glad I went through all the frustration with learning values first. What I see now makes sense. Because i can see the values along with the colors. Why they work. I would be completely lost without this knowledge. Right now I'm fighting me. I need to be more disciplined in my approach. I've already learned the "hardest" thing. Now I need to learn to use it.

Things I'm working on.
Abstraction. Using the direction of the paint stroke along with vales to create the illusion of texture and 3D.
Stop putting the horse before the carriage. In my constant quest of knowledge I've learned a lot of things that I really cant use right now. Get the basics down. Then add the whistles and bells.

The responses I get from the art community really surprises me. Why should I do an entire painting when I can learn to fix what I did wrong in a two inch square? If your having trouble with eyes painting an entire face is a waste of time and materials. Keep paining eyes until you work it out. Then paint a face. This is why it takes some artists forever to get good at anything. Instead of wasting time doing what your good at spend that time working on what needs to be improved.

One very important rule in art I haven't talked a lot about is temperature. 99% of every youtube channel or thing I've read has been great advice on this subject. They all say the same thing. Some are way more in-depth. Generally stay away from anything that advertises to be easy. Color temperature is important to know. It will help you with highlights and shadows.

Now here's a fun fact.
Norman Rockwell used black and white photos for his subject matter. He didn't what to be influenced by the colors. All he needed were the values. He chose the colors he wanted. Used the values in the black and white photo as a road map for the values of the color needed. So if the photo was of a blond kid wearing a blue shirt he could paint a red haired kid wearing a green shirt.
general non-furry discussion / Re: Emotional support animals
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on August 31, 2022, 03:47:59 pm »
Actually that is a good idea Firelight!
I guess I just  think of dogs and cats as emotional support animals.
But still no gators for me!
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Good News" thread.
« Last post by Firelight on August 30, 2022, 09:51:24 pm »
Got Pokemon legends, pretty cool so far.
And caved and pre-ordered the game Stray.
« Last post by Firelight on August 30, 2022, 09:48:37 pm »
What of a Ball Python?
They're calm, not crazy.
general non-furry discussion / Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on August 30, 2022, 05:24:03 pm »
Our company does something called P.I. planning.  It is supposed to help us as we work for 3 months at a stretch.

It never works and takes literally 24 hours to do.

I wish we would stop the insanity.

general non-furry discussion / Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Last post by cause the rat on August 30, 2022, 03:00:09 pm »
Starting yesterday all my you tube searches have been packed full of right wing hype. Even one channel predicting our economy will crash by the end of the month. They have one more day to be right. When it doesn't happen do you think that channel will loose subscribers? Nope. It's called stupidity. T.C. is saying it will crash in 2023. Giving his followers enough time to forget what he said when it doesn't happen. Again, stupidity. What my real gripe is? I have to deal with this level of stupid right wing channels when doing a search for oil painting.
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on August 30, 2022, 01:16:10 pm »
I have nothing against scalies in furry.
But my idea of emotional support animal would be a mammal.
No gators please!

I think an emotional support grizzly would be cool!
general non-furry discussion / Re: Local weather
« Last post by cause the rat on August 28, 2022, 04:39:42 pm »
Lots of rain. Means it's going to be miserably humid when it gets back up in the upper 80's tomorrow.
« Last post by cause the rat on August 28, 2022, 04:37:09 pm »
Guess there's emotional support animals for psychotics too. :D
general non-furry discussion / Emotional support animals
« Last post by Kobuk on August 28, 2022, 10:08:22 am »
Saw this on the news.  :o
https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2022/08/28/emotional-support-alligator-philadelphia-pennsylvania-ndwknd-vpx.cnn

I'm fine with people having dogs and cats as emotional support animals. But something like an alligator or other "wild, dangerous, and exotic" animal, HELL NO!  >:( What the hell was this guy thinking? Sometimes, I think people go a little too far bending or breaking the rules in trying to have whatever animal they want for emotional support. The police and/or animal control should have been called in this case. The animal confiscated and the man fined.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10