Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
general non-furry discussion / Re: Local weather
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on August 27, 2022, 06:23:21 pm »
Ugh, getting hotter here.  Said it was going to be 86, now at 92
it did dry my fursuit head out however.  First time it was ever washed  :-[ .  Put it in the tub with a support in it, and poured cold water/woolite over it.  Kept doing that and gently massaging head till it was clean.  Ran cold rinse water over it.  let it sit there for an hour to drain before lifting it out.
Put it outside on a makseshift stand and blew fans on it at 90F heat.
It's dry.  AND CLEAN!
convention talk / Re: DenFur2022 rebooted?
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on August 27, 2022, 06:18:02 pm »
She and I are still friends, and we went there not as a couple etc and had no expectations of anything other than fun.  IDK why she talked about that stuff.  Oh well.

Again , convention was good.
general non-furry discussion / Re: Local weather
« Last post by Firelight on August 27, 2022, 02:29:30 pm »
Cooler, but will be 90 on Monday!
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Last post by cause the rat on August 27, 2022, 02:28:59 pm »
Loosing people? Perhaps that's good news Jade.  I've been at the same place for 29 years now. It's not the job, it's the people you work with that makes the job. This has been true everywhere I've worked.

Messed up on how much vacation time I actually have. Had to cut this one short and go back to work.
convention talk / Re: Mephit Fur Meet is a Go
« Last post by cause the rat on August 27, 2022, 02:24:03 pm »
Totally cool Simo! looking forward to hearing about it. 
traditional and digital artwork / Re: A Rat's journey in oil painting.
« Last post by cause the rat on August 27, 2022, 02:21:57 pm »
Thanks Jade. All I could see is what I did wrong and why it happened. Didn't finish it. Every time I looked at it all I wanted to do was correct what I did wrong. Honestly the only real way to fix it would have been to start over. Not a total loss. I learned things. About myself and my approach.

Doing value scale exercises again. Going to strengthen this skill. Also going to set up a still life box. Cardboard, black spray paint and some black material. Got plenty of things around the house I could use. Even fake grapes.  And I"m continuing my body studies. Renewed my subscription to Croques Cafe. Using a brush to block in. Eventually getting away from using a pencil.

I know the style I like. I know what I want to paint. Now I need to learn to stop putting a square peg into a round hole.  :D 
« Last post by cause the rat on August 27, 2022, 01:49:50 pm »
AWESOME! Glad you had a great time Jade. Sounds like the con was a blast!

From the sound of it I'm also glad you ended up with two beds. All I can say is good luck to her.  Strength and body hair is a natural part of biology.  :D
convention talk / Re: Mephit Fur Meet is a Go
« Last post by Simo on August 26, 2022, 05:34:08 am »

^
|

Printed out the schedule, and it looks like there will be loads to do.  :) Definitely avoid dehydration: already learned that lesson.   (:
« Last post by Kay Alett on August 25, 2022, 01:14:41 pm »
Well glad you had fun after that girl left. As for stuff she said I'd wonder why it matters to her if you have body hair or not.
I mean yeah, i too don't like body hair but when it's on someone that I'm not sleeping with who cares?

You and her aren't sleeping together so why should she care?
« Last post by Jade Sinapu on August 24, 2022, 06:53:46 pm »
Well it happened.  The convention I mean.
The room magically had 2 beds when we entered.  Weird.

She turned out to be a man hater.  I got a lot of awkward unwanted talking towards by her regarding how she does not like any amount of body hair on men,  how certain tones on voice are bad etc.

I have body hair. And deep voice. 

She also ranted on how a man is always stronger,  always this, always that,  and how the world is run by privileged white men.  Etc.

I grew up poor-ish.
I am white,  I was born that way.
Can't help it.

Anyway it was awkward.

But the convention was a blast.  And when she left early leaving me with no handler,  it got better. 

Did 2 raves from 9pm till 2 am in full suit.
Met good furs, watched a concert.  Watched fursuit dance competitions.

Ate real food after she left,  not croissants and tea,  and actually bought a piece of art or 5.

I missed the therian panel, but had to go home.

I have photos I might try to upload.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10