general furry discussion > furries on furry

Carnivores & Omnivores in a Furry world...

<< < (2/4) > >>

HazardJackal:
If it can't defend itself, i kill it and eat it.

If it can defend itself, i hunt it and eat it.

Best hope you're entertaining enough to keep around as something other than a snack.
 :goldbloody:

Nyte Kitsune:
Hmm....  I'd have to say in the case of a "Furry" world where "Animals"  other than primates evolved into bipeds, I'd have to say it very likely that only some species of each group would evolve and domestic animals wouldn't likely exist at all most were bred by man from their "Wilder" cousins. That said, some species may or may not have evolved at all and remained identical to what we know. So diet wise things would likely be very similar, "Carnivores" and "Omnivores" would likely have similar diets, with a carnivore eating less vegetables, but otherwise the same diet. Herbivores would likely avoid meat, but, like any society even they might "Occasionally" eat meat, but would likely see it distasteful.

I think the Author, Kyell Gold (Furry Gay Erotica) has written some great stories, and if you have an open mind about the gay community and erotica, his world settings give you the right "Feel" for what it might be like in a furry world and even if you're not into that kind of thing I'd still suggest reading his books as his books are very story driven and well written.

Rocket T. Coyote:
In one fury webcomic, the non-herbivores ate Spam.

Feuerfuchs:

--- Quote from: Nyte Kitsune on May 10, 2015, 11:10:43 am ---Hmm....  I'd have to say in the case of a "Furry" world where "Animals"  other than primates evolved into bipeds, I'd have to say it very likely that only some species of each group would evolve and domestic animals wouldn't likely exist at all most were bred by man from their "Wilder" cousins.

--- End quote ---

Those are some decisive details. If we're assuming a future world in which all animals have evolved to become sapient bipeds, then the most ethical answer would be to assume that a vegan diet would be standard. If there are any groups of animals, however, that were excluded from this--insects, perhaps--we would likely readily exploit them as a resource, due to their inability to object or reserve consent for what is being done to them, as is the case with most other species we refer to as animals today.

As a feral, if I lived in a world in which there were still partially evolved species, or some entirely the same as they are today, I would abide by the Darwinist principles that we currently ascribe to the natural world. If I encounter a creature that's smaller and weaker than I am, I'll eat it; if a larger species, such as a coyote, a wolf, or a mountain lion, finds me, I'll assume its intent is to do the same to me.

Fleeyock:
Assuming it is a modern stable civilized society (sorted out after a long and violent history I'm sure), they would have devised a way to non-violently synthesize the meat of other animals via a scientific means, and this is accepted vs. the alternative.  It would mean not having to kill each other for food/self-defense all the time. After all, the most advantageous evolutionary trait is working together. The human traits (e.g. the ability to reason) put them above the simple dog-eat-dog mentality, and the consumption of others would be widely regarded as violent crime.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version