Author Topic: EQUESTRIAN GIRLS TRAILER!!  (Read 5982 times)

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
EQUESTRIAN GIRLS TRAILER!!
« on: May 12, 2013, 09:50:29 pm »
I saw the trailer and am excited! I will defiantly be looking to collect one or two of the toys if they're good. I haven't been this excited since Littlest Pet Shop aired a few months ago!

http://www.nytimes.com/video/2013/05/12/business/media/100000002220706/equestria-girls-trailer.html

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: EQUESTRIAN GIRLS TRAILER!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 12:56:49 am »
I feel like I'm the only person in the MLP community who thinks this is going to be awesome :o

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 01:25:40 am »

SOME WHO SHARES YOUR ENTHUSIASM FOR EQUESTRIAN GIRLS!

Offline Nyeti

• the "frigglebiscuit" approves!
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 11:38:46 pm »
ok,honestly the show was starting to bore me...but this is so definitely worth watching o.o

what is there to hate about it? :D
i really have a crazy thing for orange juice...and apples o.o

Offline Luku

• "Tell 'em I said something cool."
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 05:04:08 pm »
It looks awesome!  :D Don't know why it's causing such a stir in the fandom....

Obviously it's a slightly belated attempt to cash-in on the Monster High-style doll that was so popular last year, but dammit they all look so cool! (: I'm definitely gonna pick up a toy or two when they hit shelves. But I won't be brushing their hair or dressing them up or anything... (note: this sentence is made of lies)

Whoever came up with Spike the Dog deserves an award.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 10:27:33 pm »
I was really only so-so on the whole idea myself. Then I watched the trailer, and I have to say, I'm actually pretty optimistic about it now. I have no issue with the characters being ported to other worlds. At this point, I'm attached enough to the characters themselves, that as long as the characters stay pretty true to themselves, I think it'll work out pretty well. My biggest fear was that they would be changing some of the characters for convenience.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 11:48:37 am »
As of the time of this post, it seems that the NYT website took down the trailer video (the above link returns a site specific 404 page).  The article about the movie is still up.  I think they decided the cost of bandwidth for hosting the trailer wasn't worth it.

(*edit*) Apparently, my issue was temporary; I just checked again, and the video was up.  If this happens to you, you can still view the trailer if you go hunting for it on Youtube.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:52:18 am by redyoshi49q »
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Flame Reader

• A video game can be art and poetic quotes can suck
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 08:21:10 pm »
i hope this will be good. I really really hope its good
fursona done by saiyu! THANKS SAIYU! :D

Offline Kasuni

• Species: Ocelot/Wolf
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 10:03:29 pm »
is this a movie or a TV show?

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 10:25:42 pm »
It's a movie, but there may be a show(I'm not entirely sure about that whole thing).

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 03:32:45 am »
This... is confusing.

The only place it'll be playing near where I live is an hour away.  But, maybe I'll arrange to take my family to watch it some time anyway.  I'm *sure* my daughter will love it.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Sheeta

• Species: Kittygirl!
  • By the power of Grayskull
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 08:14:43 pm »
I'll watch it, but probably not at a theater.  I have too many other movies I want to see for the summer.  I'll wait for the eventual TV showing. 
It's Steely Dan, not Steely Dan't

"People are into it for all sorts of reasons, but I think most people here just think animal people are neat to draw." --"Sue"

Stop by!  www.furaffinity.net/user/nubiankitten7
             www.nubiankitten.deviantart.com/

Offline lirokun Viami

• Female
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 09:53:17 pm »
I saw that trailer. fan girl squeal. if its good as it looks!
Meow Meow! my phrase.
I am my fursona!
Pokemon. A fan furever!
Furries: We are all just friends with a like in common: animals.

Offline Earth Rio

• Female
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 02:31:08 pm »
I feel like I'm the only person in the MLP community who thinks this is going to be awesome :o

No worries, I do as well. I feel that although something may be different, it isn't necessarily bad. In fact, it looks pretty neat.

Offline Plantan

• Species: The only Collie, Sugar Glider, Raccoon Hybrid
  • The sun is gone, but I have a light.
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 10:24:46 pm »
I'm sooooo excited but it won't be on a theater near me :c
Inactive Here- Add me on Discord if you knew me in my active years on the forum :) - plantan0615

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 10:20:06 pm »
Well, apparently I'm going to go see this tomorrow morning. It's playing at some of the theaters around here, and a small group of the local bronies are going to get together to watch it, and grab some food afterwards.

I'm really curious to see what the demographic split of the audience will be...

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 12:53:38 pm »
Well, today was the big day. Got back from seeing it not long ago. I'll try to avoid spoilers here, but I will say that if you're still a fan of the show, and especially if you're going to stick it out and watch season 4, I think you'd be remiss to not see the movie. It picks up pretty close to where S3 leaves off, actually. I'd look at it more as a 3.5-episode mini-series that fills the gap between S3 and S4.

Just a few things to mention as a mini-review with as little detail on the actual story as possible...
 - Music was excellent. Especially the opening credits.
 - Spike as a dog is beyond adorable.
 - Derpy.

The music was good, but there were a few more musical numbers than suit my taste. That said, I was kinda expecting that going in. And my one comment on the story itself: it's pony. It's not going to be something super complex or groundbreaking. Fairly typical parallel universe type stuff, and the direction of the plot is generally pretty obvious. But again, I expected all of that going in, so I wouldn't really call it a disappointment.

Now, the answers to my biggest questions going in: how many people are going to be there, and what will the demographic be?

I was actually a bit surprised, but the theater was pretty packed. I'd estimate around 90% capacity. Considering that it was showing at 10:15am on a Sunday, that's pretty darn good in my opinion.  As for the demographic, we'll just say that the few of us that were meeting there went in to find seats just a few minutes before the starting time, and there was a mild masculine musk that hit us while walking in.  Rough estimate from seeing the people going in, and looking around briefly in the dark for a seat, I'd say there were fewer than 10 people there under the age of 12.

Oh, and one other comment on the experience as a whole... it was being played straight off a Blu-Ray disc and was in your standard 16:9 widescreen. I assume this means it'll be available on Blu-Ray when it's released in stores. Also, they played zero ads before or after the movie.

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 11:22:02 pm »
I'm seeing it on Saturday!

I'M SO EXCITED!!