Author Topic: how did you choose your furry name  (Read 133988 times)

Offline Zantetsuken

• Male
Re: how did you choose your furry name
« Reply #650 on: January 12, 2013, 05:28:35 am »
I play a lot of Final Fantasy, so I didn't really give it a whole lot of though, but I also don't see many people with the name Zantetsuken.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #651 on: January 12, 2013, 01:33:18 pm »
I play a lot of Final Fantasy, so I didn't really give it a whole lot of though, but I also don't see many people with the name Zantetsuken.

Renzokuken is more powerful :D!

Offline Purrrl

• Male
« Reply #652 on: January 12, 2013, 04:42:42 pm »
As for me, it's a portmanteau of 'Purr' and 'Perl' - Purr because my 'sona is a feline, and Perl because it's related to the thing that consumes most of my time

Offline Mikhowl

• rawr!
  • Male
« Reply #653 on: January 15, 2013, 09:32:55 pm »
Ok, now this is long and complicated (or maybe not, depending on how you look at it ^^). I never was good at creating usernames. They were always uninteresting or didn't have enough numbers (lol?) and I was always unsatisfied. I never felt like they really fit me. On another note, this is how I've always felt about my first name. I never liked it. Michael was just too common. So I've thought of all the nicknames under the sun, you name it.

And then I started taking a foreign language (spanish) and I was exposed to names spelled differently in different languages. At the same time I had just started getting involved with being a furry. I don't know how it happened really or in what order, but I came across the name Mikhail (German). And I was looking for a furry name and I was trying to integrate my own name somehow, to make it more unique. And I thought. What animal do I like? Wolves. What do wolves do? They howl (among other things). Ta-da! Mikhowl was born.

And that... just worked. It fit :)

Oh yeah and since I've been using Mikhowl I really don't mind Michael anymore ^^
I am a coyote, aspiring to be a wolf. But I have the heart of a dragon :)

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #654 on: February 02, 2013, 06:27:56 am »
My Name used to be WhiteArticWolf because I couldn't spell XD
Then it became Natura Wolf because of the latin meaning of Natura (me hopes)

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #655 on: February 02, 2013, 04:22:42 pm »
My name is, Aloneness, because it's a memento to my deceased friends. It's based off the naming style from the Manga/Anime Loveless because people have names in -ness, -less, -ed form. Aloneness is completely original to me though, there is no "Aloneness" characters from either the book or anime.
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #656 on: February 02, 2013, 04:34:31 pm »
my new forsona name
kiva citralis
i came up with entirely from the top of my head from the first name, for the last name, i was eating an orange, aka citrus fruit

i did allthis for designing acharacter in a starwars based rpg
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Calvin_Fox

• Female
« Reply #657 on: February 11, 2013, 12:18:40 pm »
My characters full name is Calvin Rotten Fox
How i got the name is abit silly... In middle school (back before i even considered myself a furry) i had my black and red fox fursona (who was just an anthro character to me)She didnt have a name, but i knew i wanted to name her after a nickname i had, but i didnt have any good nicknames for a fox ( i was called Birdy back then).
I was a very shy middle-schooler, even in the locker room i would be very conservative, change my shirts without actually taking them off fully, pull the shirt down to my knees before putting on sweatpants...you get the idea... But one day i came in late and had to spead change, so i really didnt have time for my shy routine, and it turned out one of my friends saw my Calvin Kline underwear... So they did the Back to the Future thing, gave me grief and started calling me Calvin...And so it stuck to my Fursona, Rotten Fox came later, and it was just because of her 'Rotten' (trouble making) personality and the fact she was a fox (yha, i was a very original 8th grader...)

Yha, rather silly, but hey, it works.
I envy normal man, yet i do not wish to be him....

Offline Ezrah

• Species: Siberian Husky/German Shepherd mix
  • (AKA Geiger)
  • Male
« Reply #658 on: February 11, 2013, 05:45:08 pm »
Don't mean to sound bland, but I honestly don't know exactly where I got mine from. Just seemed good at the time.
Come and join the party dressed to kill.

Avatar done by Star-gazer on FurAffinity.

Offline Wolf Kid

• You think you are strong, but I am stronger.
  • Male
« Reply #659 on: February 11, 2013, 09:45:09 pm »
Kid has always been my nickname and it seems to fit my personality quite well. Wolf also seems to fit with Kid. Plus I often tend to act like a Wolf Kid at times, so the name fits.

Made by me

Offline Ezrah

• Species: Siberian Husky/German Shepherd mix
  • (AKA Geiger)
  • Male
« Reply #660 on: February 11, 2013, 09:51:13 pm »
^ Makes enough sense to me.
Come and join the party dressed to kill.

Avatar done by Star-gazer on FurAffinity.

Offline dodbringr

« Reply #661 on: February 18, 2013, 09:30:55 pm »
Our names come from rather odd backgrounds...
Dodbringr: we have many cultural backgrounds, but one of the more prominent ones is our Norwegian/Swedish side. As such, we liked the idea of having a Norwegian name However, we couldn't think of any right away, but we were inspired when we were training in martial arts and the teacher called us "lethal". Inspired, we translated lethal to Norwegian, and it came out as dødbringer. However, it seemed a little obvious that we just translated a word, so we cut some parts out, and settled with Dodbringr.

Vladimir: this one is more straightforward. I just named myself after one of our more infamous ancestors, Vladimir Dracul, or  Vlad the Impaler. Not that we support what he did (we don't), we just liked the sound of the name.

Xavier: even more straightforward: this is the name I chose for myself when we learned we were part German. Xavier is a German-based name, and we liked it, so we kept it.

Not as creative as anyone else, but we aren't good at creativity anyway.  :D

EDIT: these are not JUST our furry names. Unfortunately, none of them are what we are actually called IRL. We refer to each other with these names, but they aren't our legal name. Hard to explain, but we just wanted to clarify a bit.  (:

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:34:18 pm by dodbringr »

Offline bkatt500

• Female
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #662 on: February 20, 2013, 01:09:00 am »
Mine is Essemess Skitche.  The first part is the phonetic spelling of my initials, it's easy and it looks pretty.  Skitche is a prettied-up version of my old fursonas' name.
<a href=http://bkatt500.deviantart.com/>Check me out on deviantArt!</a>

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #663 on: March 08, 2013, 06:14:09 pm »
I forget but I think I saw the word firelight in a book or something and decided I liked it.

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #664 on: March 09, 2013, 10:45:39 pm »
I thought long about how I was doing in life, what commitments I wanted to make, and I decided to change my screen name from silverdawn to skyfire. Skyfire, it could mean the rising sun, it could mean a phoenix flying in the sky, it could mean alot of things, but to me, i chose it because it sounded cool, and it showed I cared about this place.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Scarlegs

• Hey...Hey kid.....Wanna buy a dishwasher?
  • Female
« Reply #665 on: April 06, 2013, 05:26:15 am »
I was a fan of the 'warrior cats' series by Erin Hunter and so obviously I had an OC called Scarlegs (My screen name).
I then decided to shorten her name to Scar (From a little inspiration from Snookumsgal on DeviantArt)
She then became my fursona, with her very own name! (Didn't even have to think of her name  8) )
Her last name (Katt) just came later and stuck!
Yeh, nothing too special.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 07:54:58 pm by Scarlegs »
FF FFD3adm A+ C- D H++ M+ P++++ R- T+++ W Z- Z- Sf-- a- e- f++ h* i++ p++
Here is my DA http://scarlegs.deviantart.com/
#A38CF3 < Just a reminder!

Offline Plantan

• Species: The only Collie, Sugar Glider, Raccoon Hybrid
  • The sun is gone, but I have a light.
  • Male
« Reply #666 on: April 16, 2013, 10:10:58 pm »
I chose my furry name by flipping open to a random dictionary page and picking a random word...my full furry name is Plantengencias....so Plantan... (:
Inactive Here- Add me on Discord if you knew me in my active years on the forum :) - plantan0615

Offline Mint

• Female
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/berkamint/
« Reply #667 on: April 17, 2013, 08:03:25 am »
My furry name Mint is actually a nickname from high school. My buddy would always call people by their last names (I've gotten this habit now) and mine starts with a T so every time she would say it my older sister and I would both look so she just started calling me Mint for 'Mini T'.

Offline Lynk

• Male
« Reply #668 on: April 19, 2013, 11:05:13 pm »
I used this site to find first and last names that could work for my character. As he's a snow leopard I wanted a name that would fit a region they're naturally found in, and I also wanted something with a bit of meaning to it. So, eventually I decided on the name Kuzma Alkaev. Sounds cool, and also kinda makes some sense when you look at the meanings of the names.

Offline Keo

« Reply #669 on: April 20, 2013, 12:21:20 am »
My name just came to me, as represented, but has some basis that I can't go into.

Offline icefox302

• snowfox=awesome
  • Male
« Reply #670 on: May 10, 2013, 10:32:20 pm »
my name was actually my gamertage for almost everything and when I got into this decided to translate it to japanese and got the name I know use.

Kori Kitsune
=^.^= rave?

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #671 on: June 15, 2013, 11:12:44 pm »
 After choosing a rat fursona I wanted a name. That was the first word that came to mind. Fit perfectly!
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline TravellingStoryteller

• Male
« Reply #672 on: June 21, 2013, 11:22:20 pm »
Well more recently I have picked the name Mythos though not originally as a furry name, yet such could fit as a name to call myself since it means:
A story or set of stories relevant to or having a significant truth or meaning for a particular culture, religion, society, or other group.
Anything delivered by word of mouth: a word, speech, conversation, or similar; a story, tale, or legend, especially a poetic tale.
A tale, story, or narrative, usually verbally transmitted, or otherwise recorded into the written form from an alleged secondary source.

Which since the most common way I see myself is a storyteller and because of my love of myths, legends, folklore, and fairytales.
It is often that only those that fall into darkness come to realize how dear is the light.

Offline Rosyzozo

• Just chilling
  • Female
« Reply #673 on: June 22, 2013, 03:33:36 am »
Mine was just the first thing that came to mind.
Don't stop smiling :)

Offline TygerDarkstorm

« Reply #674 on: June 22, 2013, 06:09:31 pm »
Tyger Darkstorm was something I came up with during my teenage years for the red dragon version of myself that I had built up in my head. I'm not really sure why I named her Tyger; I want to say it had something to do with tigers becoming my favorite animal over wolves as I grew older and I had a derpy little character named Tiger Goddess in City of Heroes so it may have just transferred over. Eventually as I grew away from needing Tyger as a sona and guardian, I began to use her name as a way to represent myself online.

Kona is the name of my current fursona (no last name as of yet). It wasn't anything that I came upon in any special manner. After discovering the furry fandom I spent a few days contemplating how I wanted to represent myself now (as I've done a lot of changing over the years) and after deciding I wanted a tigress to represent me, the name Kona just sort of popped into my head and it's stuck as I work on her design. :3