community group sub-forums > anime

Sub vs Dub

<< < (3/3)

Kay Alett:
Either is okay for me. I don't honestly mind.

Kishi:

--- Quote from: Ziel on September 18, 2011, 10:20:06 am ---
Have only seen that one subbed. But I can't imagine her with a more mature voice. It doesn't seem to fit the personality I saw in her. Then again, maybe that's because of the voice?

--- End quote ---

Go back and watch a dubbed episode. She doesn't sound like a japanese teenager pretending to be a thousand year old harvest goddess.

Avor:
I like to watch my movies, not read them. But I would like to have borh versons on my DVDs.

Ziel:

--- Quote from: Kishi on September 18, 2011, 02:22:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: Ziel on September 18, 2011, 10:20:06 am ---
Have only seen that one subbed. But I can't imagine her with a more mature voice. It doesn't seem to fit the personality I saw in her. Then again, maybe that's because of the voice?

--- End quote ---

Go back and watch a dubbed episode. She doesn't sound like a japanese teenager pretending to be a thousand year old harvest goddess.

--- End quote ---

I just can't see her as the Horo I'm used to with that voice. Also, it really messes with me to hear it and see it as 'Holo' instead of 'Horo' (subs I watched spelled it with the 'r'). I know that's how it actually translates, but when you're used to it enough one way I guess... Just seems like the english voice is almost too grown up? I mean, she is thousands of years old, but she's also playful, mischievous, and often a bit juvenile. Oh well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version