Author Topic: Are you a free paw?  (Read 60970 times)

Offline Jil

• a female version of a hustla', of a of a hustla'
  • Female
    • http://jilduck.livejournal.com
Re: Are you a free paw?
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 02:06:49 pm »
I love cute shoes way too much to ever want to go barefoot...

Offline pocomouse

• Male
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 05:40:36 pm »
I hate shoes and socks.  I've gone barefoot most of my life.  I'll only wear shoes if I'm at work or if it's snowing out.  Otherwise it's sandals or nothing.

After all is said and done,
More is said than done.                               

-Aesop

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 05:56:44 pm »
I only go barefoot indoors. I'm not really fond of walking around barefoot anywhere else as I don't want to get splinters/bug bites/rocks embedded in my feet.

Offline AzureVixen

• I <3 Foxes
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 06:30:14 pm »
i go barefoot around my house but other than that i cant because there are hills behind my house so its like very painful to walk and at schools i've had nails stuck in my shoe and you have to have atleast sandals for dress code.

Offline Bloodtooth

• Dread Pirate
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2008, 03:37:33 am »
I like wearing just socks. Mainly because at the minute it is COLD and my floor downstairs is tiles. Oh so very cold. In summer though I like barefoot mostly, always have done. Especially fresh morning grass with a bit of dew underfoot. Only problem is, as you said, due to this conditioning, our feet are weak and easily cut. And one thing that really is a pain, literally and otherwise, is a cut on the sole. Man. That hurts, but not just that, it is so awkward. It always opens up again.

I also do alot of stuff with my feet. Party because I am lazy, partly because I can. Picking up TV remotes, pens, etc. Lol. Why move when I don't have to?

Pets name: Harry
Welcome to the abandoned land
Come on in, child; Take my hand
Here there's no work or play
Only one bill to pay
There's just five words to say
As you go down, down, down

You're gonna burn in hell!

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 08:35:42 am »
I have to wear steel toes for my job (35,000lb airplane + bare toes = ouch), but I always go barefoot when I can outside of work.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bloodtooth

• Dread Pirate
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 04:07:22 pm »
I love cute shoes way too much to ever want to go barefoot...

Didn't see this but yes, I do love them too. But there is something nice about barefoot sometimes. But why are nice boots so expensive?

Pets name: Harry
Welcome to the abandoned land
Come on in, child; Take my hand
Here there's no work or play
Only one bill to pay
There's just five words to say
As you go down, down, down

You're gonna burn in hell!

Offline Draconium

• Author of the Land Before Time War Fan Fiction
  • Male
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 09:40:32 pm »
I wear only socks in the house only. I have been known to take off my shoes in class.

I only wear shoes because my feet lose heat extremely quickly and because of sharp objects.
Please read and rate my fanfic: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley (Rated PG-13 for violence and profanity)

Click to save the dragon(s):

Offline Furlong

• Hail Ilpalazzo!
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2008, 09:48:01 pm »
I usually like to wear sandals in the summer, but in Vermont in the winter, boots are the way to go.  At least, when going to classes, back at the dorm, I usually wear just socks or slippers. 
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."
Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

MATHEMATICS: Description of the world devised by geniuses that in no way resembles it whatsoever.

Thanks to millislim for the awesome avatar.

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 01:18:55 am »

My feet are actually responding to the conditioning I'm doing. I walked out side in the snow today, it was about half in inch thick, and I was able to walk around for a while before my foot got cold at all. The feeling of snow melting underneath your feet is so unique and refreshing.

Plus it's just fun to look outside in the snow and see foot prints  :D.

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline AzureVixen

• I <3 Foxes
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2008, 01:52:34 am »

My feet are actually responding to the conditioning I'm doing. I walked out side in the snow today, it was about half in inch thick, and I was able to walk around for a while before my foot got cold at all. The feeling of snow melting underneath your feet is so unique and refreshing.

Plus it's just fun to look outside in the snow and see foot prints  :D.

Try Califoirnia x]. The 110 degree ground has its own unique feel for your feet xD. I don't think I can get used to walking barefoot here.

Offline promagnum

• Male
    • myspace
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2008, 10:20:48 pm »
I have callusus on the bottom of my feet. (country boi)

I go bearfoot a lot except outside in this time of year.
"You're only as fast as the driver behind you."

Offline Kaseiko

• Foxes Rock!!!
  • Female
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008, 12:01:07 am »
I usually go with socks and slippers but sometimes if im too lazy to put on socks i go barefoot.

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2008, 07:02:13 pm »
Man, a lot of you open doors with your feet.  Maybe I should stop opening them with my mouth . . . .

Anyway, I have a cat who has a history of scooting herself across the carpet when no one is looking.  Therefore, I'm terrified to not wear socks.  Even so, I don't think I would go Freepaw simply because I'm sort of self-conscious and embarrassed of them.  Freepawing I know would be superfun, but I can't psychologically bring myself to remove my foot coverings amid other people.  My family thinks I'm weird for this quirk, and has questioned my reasons for it, to which I can give no answer.

I'm actually thinking of getting wolf pads tattooed on my soles if I can muster the courage.  I'm hoping that it can break me of this inhibition and I can freepaw like I want to.

But I still might not ever go free simply because of the shoe brand Safetrax.  I truly cannot ask for a more comfortable fit from even a custom shoe!
"Don't forget to cash all your checks before you legally change your name" ~ Me

"A winner is a person who's present when someone loses." ~ also Me

"The only room for these goods in the city is right here in my cart!" ~ Deliveryman from Zeus

Offline Aurora

• Math skunk approves of this!!
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2008, 12:49:37 pm »
I do like to free-paw alot of the time but becuse of the litter around i cant do it much outside i.e glass, nail's ect

i still do like wearing socks though to me it kindda feels a bit like having furry feet

Sig by Wales's own Baako ^^

previously FurFoxart, now Aurora ^^

Offline Tevnon

• Male
    • Tevnon's Web Site
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2008, 05:10:26 pm »
So they're calling us "Free Paws" now, huh? *shrugs*
I went around barefoot before that word existed (I think). We used to just be people who just happened to both be Furries and Bare Foot Lifestylers at the same time, but hey, if people just want to invent a new word for no good reason every time someone is a part of two or more lifestyles at once then whatever.
I used to go "free paw" a lot more than I do now. I used to almost never wear shoes even on frost or gravel or whatever.
Where I live now there are a lot of objects and sharp angles jutting out which just LOVE to stub toes. You can easily condition your soles to cold or rough surfaces, and you can even toughen them up to the point that they hardly ever get cut, but no matter how many times you stub your toe it still hurts. Consequently I generally have to wear shoes around here (not that I like it).

*Note: you should also avoid going free paw in cow pastures. The cow patties will make every cut and scratch on your feet turn all red and pussy. I found that out the hard way.
"I worry less about embarrassment than about missing an opportunity."-Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Offline Azreal Oreo

• Male
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2008, 11:08:09 pm »
I like to go barefoot, except in weather like this. Especially in the summer. I would walk on the sidewalks, taking my dogs for walk, with nothing on my feet. But, if I go to a store or something, I have to cover my feet. I don't like people looking at my feet (almost 10 years of having an ingrown toenail will do that to you)

Offline promagnum

• Male
    • myspace
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2008, 11:28:41 pm »
The cow patties will make every cut and scratch on your feet turn all red and pussy.

o_O Wow that's a bad infection.
"You're only as fast as the driver behind you."

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2008, 11:35:07 pm »
barepaw story
 Today I climber up my front porch stair barefoot, and there was snow covering the stairs. I left a bunch of foot print behind me that really confused my older brother that didn't know i walked there barefoot.  (:

the feeling of the snow melting under my hot feet is so good. :)

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Sancer

• K.
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2009, 12:38:03 am »
YEAH!!! I free paw it all the time at my house, It makes me feel free and better about myself.

Offline RedneckFur

• I'm in ur barn, eatin' ur hay!
  • Male
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/redneckfur/
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2009, 12:31:42 pm »
I like going barepawed, but its uasually not pratical for me.  I live in an apartment complex, so I worry about burning my feet on pavement, or stepping in dog poo.  In the country though, I love to go barepaw.

Artbutus, I see what you mean about toe alignment.  One of the best things I ever did was have a pair of boots custom made for my feet.  Once I got used to how they felt (nothing like sneaker) They became the most comfortable footwear I own.

Pets name: Nugget
Adopt your own!

Offline Aurora

• Math skunk approves of this!!
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2009, 06:35:47 am »
i offten find when i hav'nt got anything on my feet my toes streach out and wrap around anything they can like the legs of a chair

Sig by Wales's own Baako ^^

previously FurFoxart, now Aurora ^^

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2009, 03:12:15 am »
i prefer socks, but when its hot out, yeah, im bare foot- er i mean, FREE PAW!

i dont mind walkin on dirt free pawed. :D hell i climb rocks so much easier with just mah feets.
"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline Wolvenblaze

• Three if by Arwing
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2009, 03:03:59 pm »
i climb rocks so much easier with just mah feets.

That's extremely true (I know through theory, NOT practice).  Ever wonder why we have toes?  It's because they're designed to be able to take all terrain very easily!
"Don't forget to cash all your checks before you legally change your name" ~ Me

"A winner is a person who's present when someone loses." ~ also Me

"The only room for these goods in the city is right here in my cart!" ~ Deliveryman from Zeus

Offline Mianame

• Female
    • www.mirches.deviantart.com
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2009, 06:11:16 pm »
Whenever I can manage it I go out like this, which is quite often when living in Florida.

When I was really little I used to run across the street in heat so hot you could cook an egg on the road. Well, maybe, I never actually tried >.> My parents would as me why and I'd say "To make paws!" I think I meant pawpads, not sure. And that might have just been because my feet were black after running acros the road :p

But now days it's almost a ritual. Right when the first heat of summer bakes up the sidewalk and roads I start walking on them barefoot for half an hour a day to build up some tough callouses to make ti through the summer. It's far more comfortable and very helpful when my cat slips out and we have to go chase her down fast XD