Author Topic: Elusive's Art  (Read 9656 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Elusive's Art
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2014, 11:54:11 am »
The muzzle of the character looks about right to me. Of course with fantasy or cartoon drawings
it would usually be what looks right to you.

I have found for my own tastes, a longer muzzle is better for the male, and a shorter one for
the female. Then extra short for pups, and other cute characters. A large heavy one would usually
be for strong tough characters

If you want the muzzle size more realistic it's best to compare it with an image of the natural animal.

Keep up the good work. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Elusive

• Species: Fox/Raven hybrid
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2015, 12:43:48 pm »
Started working on a reference sheet of my character, It's still a bit rough atm but this is the front view.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2015, 11:38:45 am »
Looks good Elusive.  :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Elusive

• Male
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2015, 01:30:10 am »
And here is the back view, chose a darker color this time around and tried to get a feather like look for the strip going down the back. I also wanted to make the feathers look more mixed in to the fur but, every way I tried it in Photoshop it looked weird. Comments always welcome.

This link leads to a sketch done of my character by one of my guild members in GW2. In case you want to get a better idea what I'm going for.

Offline Elusive

• Male
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2015, 02:58:01 pm »
This is based on a squirrel I saw a while back that was about to run up a tree until it spotted me. I found the scene funny because it looked like it had a large grassy mustache. I'm guessing it was building a nest. It was my intention to make it look more realistic like the portrait of my grandmother's cat found earlier in this thread, however I tried using color this time around and it didn't go so well.