Author Topic: Der Meister's art  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Der Meister

• Male
Der Meister's art
« on: April 22, 2015, 10:16:07 pm »
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/16357800/

My profile pic. I feel something is slightly off with it, but I can't put my finger on it. I am no expert at art, so some criticism would be very much appreciated.
This drawing also took longer than I expected. How long would it take you guys do do something like this?

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
Re: Der Meister's art
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 06:32:00 am »
it looks pretty good so far the fur/body looks really nice, tho the one issue i do notice is that the legs seem rather short.

one thing i learned from a drawing book that helps out well is to draw 1 vertical line, copy and paste it 5 times (stack them ontop of each other) the bottom 2/2.5 is how tall the legs are, middle 1.5/2 is the torso, and the top one is the head/neck (since due to species it might be a little difficult for the head/neck)

so in that picture try to double the high of the legs (it looks alot like the legs start at the knees)

Offline Der Meister

• Male
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 08:17:24 am »
The legs were intentionally short because weasels have short legs, but the legs do seem to start at the knees. Perhaps I should proportion them more like a human to address this problem.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 09:47:41 pm »
The main problem I see is your character would likely fall backward standing as it is. Its sways good to keep
the center of gravity in mind when your creating a character. Otherwise it's pretty good.

Keep up the good work. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com