Author Topic: A Furry Situation (furry fandom questions  (Read 4114 times)

Offline DamiaVin

A Furry Situation (furry fandom questions
« on: November 25, 2015, 11:01:22 am »
Allo!!! As the subject infurs (hehe, tiny pun ;)), i have some questions about the furry fandom:

• How do i make a fursuit?
• Where do i go to buy a fursuit?
• How hot does a suit get?
• how do you tell your over-protective parents that your part of the furry fandom?
• what exactly goes on at furry cons?
• how many fursonas can one person have?

i'm a furry of two years now but i dont have a lot of experienced furry friends.... i have... 2 furry friends  :( i am open to suggestions and i really want those questions answered!!!  :D

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: A Furry Situation (furry fandom questions
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 11:16:45 am »
For your first few questions, read any of these threads or this one here. We have a whole board dedicated to fursuits.

For the others:

Why do you have to tell your parents you are a furry? If you are getting a suit, I can understand it, but otherwise I do not see that there is a reason for them to know. If you are worried about how they would react, I would urge not getting a suit until you have moved out. I've never told my parents. It's a hobby for me, and they don't need to know all my hobbies. If you do feel you have to tell them, don't treat it as a big, horrible secret, or they will act like it is one. We have threads on this as well, if you have a bit of a look around.

A person can have as many or as few fursonas as they please. There is no rule. If you want one, have one. If you want a dozen, have a dozen (but don't expect people to be ab;e to remember them all). It's entirely up to you.

I've never been to a con, and have no real interest in going, so I can't tell you what goes on at them. But again, we have a whole board dedicated to cons. If you read some of the threads in there, that might answer your question.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline DamiaVin

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 01:46:40 pm »
thanks ^_^ im new to the site so.... thanks for the info

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male

Offline DamiaVin

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 09:40:39 am »
thank you Kobuk! that was really helpful! :)