Author Topic: Leftovers  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Leftovers
« on: April 24, 2016, 05:26:54 pm »
When you have leftovers in the fridge, what do you like to make with them? What sorts of recipes, entrees, side dishes, desserts, etc. have you experimented with?

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
Re: Leftovers
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 06:53:48 pm »
Usually I just nuke 'em for a few minutes, but sometimes I take stroganoff sauce and add it to cooked white rice.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Ancusmitis

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 07:26:01 pm »
deleted
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:34:23 am by Ancusmitis »
Stick a fork in me--I'm done.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 08:42:17 pm »
I had a bag of this in my freezer:
http://www.greengiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/corn_pepper_onions2.jpg
(Green Giant brand Fire roasted corn with diced red pepper and onion)........so I combined it with some leftover diced potatoes and some diced ham, and had it for dinner.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 07:32:47 am »
Usually when we have leftovers, pretty much we just got whatever we wanted, everyone kind of had their own dinners. My faveorite was spaghetti with chicken cutlets. You don't really need to add much to the mix after that.
Mate of WereCat

Offline CatDetective

• Species: Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 11:37:50 pm »
I love remixing leftovers into something new, it definitely can feel more special than just eating the same thing over again... though if it's leftovers of something I really love, I'll eat it right out of the fridge without even dumping it on a plate, I'm not fancy.

If there's leftover rice and it was just a plain side, or even if it had some veg mixed in, it's pretty easy to turn it into a next-day stir-fry, add some eggs and veg and a little hit of sauce. And sometimes I just like to take leftover rice or pasta and turn it into an egg dish, something a little bit like an easy frittata. And I'm always a fan of leftover sandwiches, either after a big holiday meal or if I was lucky enough to have meatloaf.

Stews and casseroles can be good places to dump the contents of your fridge into something new, too. Of course, if what you have leftovers of is stew or casserole, there's not that much to do with it...

Best thing I wasn't the one to make, my aunt turned leftovers into empanadas. Fantastic.

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 09:02:34 am »
A half eaten steak I guess it'll be breakfast just gotta heat it up flame thrower anyone
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline TempleofDogs

• Species: Ursus , Canis , Aves , Bos, Felidae, etc; shifter.
  • I'm not what you want.
    • Dogs shop
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 04:42:54 am »
Recently I made some pasta.  White sauce , red peppers, egg noodles , sausage bits .
To be  frank I threw it in the microwave and then consumed it on a bagel. It just depends on what the left over is and how long its been in there .

Offline Kayle

• Species: Fox
  • Hallelujah, lock and load!
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 09:46:57 am »
I'm a notorious fridge raider myself.  I often find myself shoulder deep in the fridge, scavenging for snacks.  For me, leftovers usually end up on what my mate calls a "Dagwood Sandwich."  I'll slap just about anything between two slices of bread or rolled up in a tortilla.  A good example is spaghetti or other pasta dishes made into a sandwich or burrito, sometimes cold, sometimes nuked.    Usually, it's up to me and the dog to dispose of leftovers.  After a day or so, my mate won't usually eat it.  I do get creati e on occasion and turn leftovers into a new meal, usually with leftover hamburger meat or sausage.  Taco meat mixed with boiled, seasoned potatoes and rice is a good, cheap example.
"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company."
-Mark Twain

Anyone use Telegram?  Hit me up!  Username is KayleStorm!

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 11:12:52 pm »
I'll sometimes make a pot of Spaghetti with meat-flavor tomato sauce and nuke a few frozen meatballs with each serving (Johnsonville are the best IMHO). Then have that for dinner on alternate weekdays. I do the same routine with Chicken Helper, Hamburger Helper, or Zatarain's Sausage Jambalaya with buttermilk biscuits or crackers on the side. Having good microwave-safe containers is a must. Add a few drops of water to any rice dish before nuking for best results.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)