Author Topic: The Game  (Read 50301 times)

Offline Jalex Darnco

• Male
The Game
« Reply #350 on: November 04, 2003, 06:39:27 pm »
What? They... did projects on humans? What are we then... Are we their version of animals?

At the bear creature's words, I suddenly relaxed. He lowered his arm and walked off. These people seemed to have seen alot. Enough that a kid would start trying to fire shots at people. Either that they are all uptight. About what though? Are they really my enemy? They know what I am, but they make no move to kill me. Perhaps, these people are good? I can only trust them for now, I guess.

I turned my head towards where my fighter was sitting quietly at a fair distance away. I wanted to go back to it, to sit in its familer cockpit. But I need to be here. I turned my attention to the little one, assumedly a kid.

"I am a... uh.. human. What... what are you? You look like an animal, from my world... Where am I?"

Offline Kale

• Male
The Game
« Reply #351 on: November 05, 2003, 07:20:41 am »
Kale Reclined in the bucket chair of the corvettes bridge and talked idly with his second in command “You do know if this works, we will all be famous, imagine all of the planets out there that we can discover, all of the new life and new civilisations”
The commander smiled back, and Kale thought Im gonna have to ask her out when this is over  Seeming to read his thoughts the young otter said “If this works, im paying for dinner at the mess tonight”
Kale smiled, and turned towards the cockpit window again, taking what might be his last ever look at his home world, the green and blue hues of the huge forests and the great brown smudge of the sallek wastelands. The clearance tower flashed green and the radio blared out “Commander Brennan, You are good to go, activate the hyperspace drives at your discretion.
Now was his time to shine, the very reason why he had been picked for this mission. Concentrating, he slipped into the ships computer, becoming it, seeing the universe through the multi layered imaging of the sensors, feeling the quiet burn of his engines as he began to charge the drive unit. He felt the build up of energy through his metal body as the charge completed. He focused and released, coming back to the normal level of reality, watching the space around them dissolve as they were pushed out of normal space, and forced through sub space.
He was roused from his thoughts by a loud and sudden Clacton sounding, the drive malfunction lights lit up as fires broke out, the hyperspace core overloading, the ship span wildly as space returned, another planet now in view as the noise died down…

That had been almost a year ago kale thought, the accident that had killed his crew and crippled the Espirit’s hyperspace core. He reflected on this as he laid back in the ships communal pool, also reflecting on how far he had been flung by the core… according to his hazy calculation, he had been flung across half of the galaxy, but he had survived, and so had the ship. In the circumstances it was all he could do was try to make some money and repair the drive, in the hope that he could somehow make the drive functional again. Currently, circumstances had him grounded him on an unknown world (OOC: wasn’t sure about this so can someone pm me so I can edit this so its right) and once again strange things had happened, he had ended up outside a local bar, there appeared to have been a fight, and someone had been shot, by a kid, the kid had been looking for someone to help, and they had turned him away almost violently, after he had left the bar, he finished my drink and decided to help them, after all, I really didn’t have anything better to do so he walked off in the direction of the kid… what he saw surprised him… a human? On his planet they had been a myth, something that the parents would tell their cubs about at night to help them sleep. He fondly remembered stories like man in boots. “Hello there” He said “Is there anything I can help with?
"A picture paints a thousand words, but only a thousand words can paint a thousand diffrent pictures" - unknown

my fur code: FMOp3a A? C- D H++$ M? P? R+ T+++ W Z? Sp+ RLLW/U/- a- cadn++++ d+ e# f- h* iwf++ j p+ sm--

My site:

http://www.anthrosoft.furtopia.org

Offline Rikimaru

• Much Love
  • Male
    • http://rikimaru2004.deviantart.com
The Game
« Reply #352 on: November 05, 2003, 03:40:48 pm »
"COOL A HUMAN! Sorry to be excited i just never met one before. I did a project on them for my history course, we had to research and write on the history of Anthro's, thats what we are by the way. We are animals, with human characteristics, your race are the reason we are here. Your top scientists found a way to mix human DNA with animals and we are the result. That would explain why i look like one of your 'animals'. Thats all i remember."

Simon looked behind and saw another, he asked if i needed help with anything.

"errr yea we need help, you know the bear out in front of the bar? talk to him and he'll let you know what the trouble is."

"So.. errr... human,  hmmmmm...."

Simon looks blank and thoughtful, trying to think of something to say....
ANYONE WANNA CHAT? DETAILS ARE IN MY PROFILE!

Truism of the week: Eggs are most likely to be eggs.

I may be human...but i love all

Offline Jalex Darnco

• Male
The Game
« Reply #353 on: November 05, 2003, 04:05:15 pm »
"We... did? When?"

I looked down at the ground with a bewildered look on my face. Humans created these creatures? Why, and when? What purpose was it to serve? How did they get into space and why not us? We've only just started with our space age technologies, mostly with some help of attacking aliens.

My mind flashed back to a theory that my father told me. Something which at the time bored me, but might have an answer. Perhaps, it was true. Other, versions of humans. Ones that came before us. He did tell me that humans had around 25,000 years to become what we are today. We only know really so far back as 6,000 years or so.... So maybe... there may have been other civilizations of humans, that left before us and done this. It seemed to be the only plausible explanation. Considering that these creatures seem to rule themselves and are very independent. That and never heard of humans, if so some sort of history project. That would mean their creation would have to date back to at least 5,000 years ago, in order for all memory if any to dissipate. Certainly we, 5,000 years ago, did not have the technology to do it, unless it was some other race, some other.. humans. That means, by now they are more advanced.... maybe they can get me home, but why are they out here? Did I trip over something that everyone else out here knows about except us?

"Nevermind. I'll probubly be too confused. What's up with that... large hunk of metal? I've only seen things like that for Space ships, even then that is pretty large."

Offline Rikimaru

• Much Love
  • Male
The Game
« Reply #354 on: November 05, 2003, 04:14:21 pm »
"Im not too sure about that, i know its a generator of some sort though i dont know what it powers. i suck at mechanics. Do ya wanna help us?"

Simon winces as he asks the human this, because of the recent episode in the bar...

Offline Jalex Darnco

• Male
The Game
« Reply #355 on: November 05, 2003, 04:17:25 pm »
"I.. uh.. maybe. I don't know what I can do. My race has only but just started making spaceships, and they are pretty much jury rigged things. If it needs moving.. I got a fighter which could lift it."

Offline Rikimaru

• Much Love
  • Male
The Game
« Reply #356 on: November 05, 2003, 04:21:49 pm »
Simon stops wincing when the human replies without hitting him

"that sounds good. lets go talk to Babel about it."

The human and Simon walk over to the generator and up to Babel.

"errrm.. this guy here has a ship that could help us move it if that helps at all"

Offline Bear Paw

• An old bear of the fandom
  • Male
The Game
« Reply #357 on: November 05, 2003, 09:07:13 pm »
WIth his snout now buried in a side panel and muttering to himself technical jargen he almost missed Simons words. He truns to the new comer " A ship really excelent and you want to help" Babel gave the human a cautious sideways glance his nontrusting nature reinserting it'self. " Hmm welll what ever I belive this was needed for the ship we arrived here in Trustor may have more Idea of it's need but I can fix it in and help carring it wouls be appreciated".  "We may need him here YOu see where he has gone Simon??." "YOu and me then errm what was your name again ahh well we need to rig this up for moveing on your ship ok" Babel noticed another character as well haning around * Geez this place is getting a regualr congragation point. He looked over to him " YOu need anything " He asked the figure back.
* DAM he though I REALLY NEED THAT TRUSTOR GUY BACK AGAIN he had been far more pally with that Jadnar guy and certainly must know what the hell was going on better than him*.
All I want too do is leave paw prints in the sands of time. (Garfield)
To be forgotten is worse than death (Freya)
We are all equal in the fandom. ( WhiteFang good fur and friend )
I am not a dancing bear toothless claw less here for your amusement, more like the other way round.

Offline Kale

• Male
The Game
« Reply #358 on: November 06, 2003, 06:48:04 am »
"Well" Kale replied "Its what i can do for you" He looked over the genarator, taking in every detail with an unskilled eye "I think i have spares for one of these in my own ship, It looks like part of the... the..." He trailed off, possibly best not to tell them about the hyperspace core, he didnt want any trouble from anyone else this time, it was because of this that The espirit was now grounded until he could scrounge the money together to fix the standard drives "So you can have them if you need them, I cant use them and my ship is grounded as it is"
"A picture paints a thousand words, but only a thousand words can paint a thousand diffrent pictures" - unknown

my fur code: FMOp3a A? C- D H++$ M? P? R+ T+++ W Z? Sp+ RLLW/U/- a- cadn++++ d+ e# f- h* iwf++ j p+ sm--

My site:

Offline Jalex Darnco

• Male
The Game
« Reply #359 on: November 06, 2003, 02:34:39 pm »
I looked over the large modual carefully. It's purpose not very clear to me. Though I was a pilot, not a techy.

"Lieutenant Commander Alexander Rico, My fellow pilots... they called me Reak. Though....I uh... can't exactly carry it on my fighter, it's much too small. Though if you attach cables to it, it maybe able to lift it. I might have some in one of the compartments. I'll be right back. Don't be surprised when you see something that looks like an areo-fighter come in."

With that I jogged off, muttering to myself about what exactly had I gotten myself into. These creatures are shure a

Offline Joel

• Male
The Game
« Reply #360 on: November 06, 2003, 05:17:35 pm »
: Meanwhile :

An old freighter drifts through space; so old, in fact, it predates hyperspatial flight... the lone occupant sleeps within one of the cryo-chambers, dead but dreaming...

Offline Kale

• Male
The Game
« Reply #361 on: November 07, 2003, 03:51:02 am »
The otter signaled to the bear "If you want to look at those spares, then you'd better follow me, my ship is landed 'bout a mile into the forest and if someone can get the engines going i can lift the part and all of you without any trouble" He began to head towards the forest towards the ship, slowly so the bear could follow if he needed to.

My site:

Offline Joel

• Male
The Game
« Reply #362 on: November 07, 2003, 10:54:10 am »
The Ship's computers came to life.

Sensors activated, scanning the surrounding area for several light years, and found it was where it was intended to go, all those millenia ago.  

Suddenly, the ship's PA system came online.

"SDOS Online.  Ship registry: ICC-Inominata-6359A12 Terra Alpha Evira Omega.  Transit time: 5,452 and 11/12 Sol-Orbits,  Seven Planetray Revolutions, 5 atomic revolutions.  Beginning deployment of cargo.  Activating life-support.... mark."

The dreamer had awaken.

Offline Joel

• Male
The Game
« Reply #363 on: November 07, 2003, 06:10:36 pm »
(Being the impation fox I am, I shall continue in lieu of others posting XD )

The Dreamer blinked a few times as s/he got used to the increased light, as the tinted screen that covered the capsule shuddered open, having been left closed for millenia.  

Slowly, s/he stepped out of the capsule, and walked relatively short distance to the command console, reading the solar system readouts, and hooked him/herself up to the datajack download node...

Offline Murrg

• Male
The Game
« Reply #364 on: November 07, 2003, 06:42:33 pm »
A flash of light, A sound remenisent of tearing fabric and it was done the rift closed and left a batterd form lying in the alley. *groans* What, where am I, the last thing I remenber was *shakes his head* Running I was running and then such light so bright. The rift! Where am I? A quick search and he located his bow and his armor wasn't dameged to bad. I guess I should look around a bit and with that he stumbled from the alley to get his berings.....
You see my world when you shut your eyes so tightly that tiny shapes float before them

est sularus oth mithas

ZAKU ZAKU!!

FFPmw3mrs A- C- D H+ M++++ P++ R+ T+++ W Z? Sm- RLAT a cn+ d+++$ e** f++ h# i++ j+++ p+++ sm-

Offline Bear Paw

• Male
The Game
« Reply #365 on: November 07, 2003, 07:08:25 pm »
Babel nodded his understanding to the human. As he then went to talk to the otter like creture there was a sudden flash from a street over from them.A loud sound also emminated from there. He shouted at the creature" I will take a look in a short while but that looks like something big going on over there. " He shouted to Simon " Im going to investigate what ever the hell that was" He switched on his arms senours the readings where all over the place as if the whole of the surrounding area was dirupted by it space itself. This aint to good he though back to the alien attack. He pulled his staff from his pocket and extended it with a flick of his wrist. " If you want you can follow me " Babel said to the otter creature he far rether had people where he could see em rather than skulking around behind him.He walked to the corner of the ally where the flash eminated
I am not a dancing bear toothless claw less here for your amusement, more like the other way round.

Offline Murrg

• Male
The Game
« Reply #366 on: November 07, 2003, 08:41:06 pm »
Eyes struggling to adjust to the gloom he stumbled from the alley almost running into the large creature standing there. Droping into a defensiv stance he asked " Who or what are you be you friend or foe?"
You see my world when you shut your eyes so tightly that tiny shapes float before them

est sularus oth mithas

ZAKU ZAKU!!

FFPmw3mrs A- C- D H+ M++++ P++ R+ T+++ W Z? Sm- RLAT a cn+ d+++$ e** f++ h# i++ j+++ p+++ sm-

Offline Joel

• Male
The Game
« Reply #367 on: November 08, 2003, 07:01:47 am »
The Dreamer had finished downloading information to his/her neural network, and understood its current mission.  

The sensors had detected several inhabited planets nearby... they must be scouted to see if they are infested...

The Dreamer Walked out of the command console room, and went into the shuttle bay, where s/he got into a dropship, and then began to pilot it to the planet below...

As the Dropship broke atmosphere, the boom could be heard for miles...

Offline Jalex Darnco

• Male
The Game
« Reply #368 on: November 08, 2003, 11:02:03 am »
Unfortunatly, the boom went unnoticed by the human. Having climbed into his fighter the engines were already charging up for the short hop over to the green.

The engines flickered to life and the thrusters were already causing the fighting beast to lift slightly from the ground. After several lights went from orange, to yellow, to green, and then to blue, the fighter signaled it was ready for flight once again.

Pressing on several levers the human willed the fighter into the air, slowly, slowly. Then clearing the treetops, the wings extended out and the lateral thrusters began to push. It was a much shorter time getting there by fighter then it was on foot, before I knew it, I was above the area which was to be landed in. Attempting to find a space, just large enough, the human was successful after a few scans. The gears extended out once again, and the fighter's landing lights activated, blinding who ever was silly enough to look right at them.

The wings then slid back to their origonal position and the fighter slowly made it's landing. Once settled the engines began to whine down, and the clicking of metal was heard as the metal cooled. The canopy was once again popped open and the human jumped out. The reflective armour mirroring his movments. Seeing no one around, probubly ran to some area, I decided to take a look at the large behomoth.

Then a thought struck me. How'd it get here in the first place? Something must of brought it here, right? So... how could it have gotten here if they had nothing to move it with? How odd.

This new puzzel just added to the puzzels already floating in my head, though, there was only one thing I could do now where I could actually get answers, and that was what the heck the modual was for.

Offline Kale

• Male
The Game
« Reply #369 on: November 08, 2003, 09:10:20 pm »
Kale had not noticed the commotion and had walked back to his vessel, the huge, sleek bulk marred by the signs of the recent battle. He flipped open a side panel and pressed his palm to the plate, He felt the almost burning heat as the scanner read his paw and a door, completley indistinguishable from the side of the vessel when closed and entered, looking around at the crew quarters, remembering his small crew for a second, before disspearing down to the cargo hold to find the spares he needed.
He came up with them on an anti grav tray, and then walked over to the cabinet in his own quarters and looked at the pair of lasers... "Should i take them... by the looks of this place, i think i'll need them" He took the weapons before taking the ani grav cart out, fixixng his rank pin back to his shirt.

My site:

Offline Joel

• Male
The Game
« Reply #370 on: November 09, 2003, 07:11:36 am »
The dropship landed in a relatively barren place, oddly familiar to the dreamer; but then again, all of this sector was familiar, due to the map upload.  

S/he activated the nanites within him/her, and gave him/herself more... tangible qualities.

Reddish orange fur blossomed forth from smooth skin, and long, straight black hair grew in abundance from his scalp.  The fur turned white on his underbelly, and black at the tips of his ears, ends of his arms, and at his legs.  He put on the most inconspicous clothes his memory could provide (Band T-shirt, in a long forgotten dialect of Standard Galactican, i.e. English), and some darkly pigmented, densly woven cotten pants.  Finally, he put on an amulet, with a oddly glowing emerald in the middle of a silver dolphin design,  and a ruby ring...

The Dreamer's mission had begun.

He began to walk towards the most populated area, seeing as it was only a few miles away...

Offline Running_Wolf

• The Spiritual Werewolf
  • Male
    • http://fearfactor.atspace.org/
The Game
« Reply #371 on: November 09, 2003, 07:41:03 am »
"uuugh" came the groan of a wolf. Rain fell in abundance on his body, drenching him from head to tail. How long he had been lying here, he didn't know. He opened his eyes. Flames formed a barrier on three sides. A dead body lay amongst the sea of flames ahead. The wolf tried to stand up, but not without incredible pain. Blood trickled down him muzzle from a wound over his right eye. He tried to wipe the blood away from his eye but he couldn't feel his left paw. It was broken. After a while of struggling, he managed to stand. He limped to the opening in the flames and tripped over some debris. He tasted blood in his mouth. Spitting on the ground made no difference. Only more blood flowed. He looked ahead to se a figure running towards him. What that figure was, he didn't know. His eyes tried to focus on it, but he passed out.

FCX3rw/CW6s A+ C- D>++++ H+++ M- P+++ R+ T+++ W Z? Sm++/m++ RL- a- cn++++ d++ e-$ f++ h* iwf+++ j+++ p* s--

Offline Joel

• Male
The Game
« Reply #372 on: November 09, 2003, 06:07:41 pm »
The Dreamer noticed the injured creature, and decided to aid it.

His voice creaked, as it had not been used in ages...

"H-h-ello?"

He did a bio-scan of the creature; it appeared to be one of the experiments that had been done, only grossly injured... he decided to aid him, and injected some medical nanites within him.  The wounds began to heal as he picked the creature up over his shoulders, and began carrying him to what his memory said was the nearest populated area.

Offline Bear Paw

• Male
The Game
« Reply #373 on: November 09, 2003, 06:39:28 pm »
Babel was shocked to see a figure stumbeling around in the alleyway. He was about to cal out when it shouted to him Friend or Foe. " If you mean no harm then Friend " He edged closer his first thought was a bomb of some kind but there wasn't any damadge about not enough for a flash that big. " Are you hurt we .. " He stopped short looked behind him , * dam he though all alone even one of the curious strangers that had just shown up would be a comfort to him, He decided to walk forward he closed his staff but keept it palmed just incase, " I can help you if your hurt just step forward a bit so I can see you beter ok" " No ones gonna hurt you ok" He waited  nerviously for a reply.

Offline Murrg

• Male
The Game
« Reply #374 on: November 09, 2003, 06:57:21 pm »
Lowering his bow slightly and taking a few steps forwerd he squinted in the light. One wing dangled uslely while the other was tucked up his armor was badly dameged and a few fresh wounds glisend in the faint light.  *In a strained yet relived voice*  " I meen no harm,but please stay back untill i can see you clearly"

est sularus oth mithas

ZAKU ZAKU!!