Author Topic: Im going to write stories too!  (Read 5516 times)

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
Im going to write stories too!
« on: July 14, 2012, 04:24:01 pm »
I have been inspired by jet and Mylo to write a short story for each word. If you post a word, but you dont want a certain type of story then please tell me. I will try to keep up, but I have chaotic computer access, so please be patient. 
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Mylo

Re: Im going to write stories too!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 04:49:42 pm »
Cools! Let the fun begin. :)  I shall give you your first word: corruption.

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 04:54:23 pm »
Insane they said! HA! :D Obviously I am not the only insane one here! :)  Welcome to the Short Story Challenge! ;)

I guess I should provide a word....hhhmmmm....maybe the word..Instinct. Yes, instinct sounds like a good word to me. 8)
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 06:00:57 pm »
This is going to be crazy x3 so many stories! You'll have a lot on your plate, dude.

Let me put Salvation on the list. Let's see what you can do with that ;)
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 10:15:42 pm »
Kayz, were going with numero uno corruption. The word gives me the shivers.  :o

Gannet ran as fast as he could down the darkening halls, but the mocking voice flowed after him, sweet as poisoned honey. "What is wrong brave knight? Is you pretty little princess gone? Is she dead?" Gannet turned around to the shadows milling around the walls. "Show yourself witch!" A beautiful woman appeared at the end of the alabaster hall. Her black hair flickered around her head like some strange, sentient weed, and her dusky grey skin highlighted her bright red eyes. "As you wish..." She glided down the hall, just above the ground, dragging the shadows behind her like a shawl. She brushed her hand over a tapestry, and it went inky black, the color sucked out of it. Gannet remembered Ilies dying words. "Don't let her touch you!" She giggled childishly, but her eyes showed no humor... only a hunger. She lunged forward, her black nails glistening in the light from the  flickering torches. Gannet rolled away, hearing a vicious shriiik as her nails clawed the floor. "You will have to do better than that Hespera!" "Give in to the temptation Gannet." Her voice sounded so hypnotizing that he had to look. What he saw stunned him. "I.. Ilies?" She smiled "Yes Gannet. It is me." He staggered towards her, not hearing the screams of dying soldiers, nor the crack of breaking stone, only hearing her voice. She enfolded him in her arms. "There, there dear Gannet, it is all right. Come with me now." He took her hand, his eyes showing only trust. As she lead him through the dark collapsed passageways, her shadows created illusions to mask the decay and ruin. She whispered sweetly to him, reassuring him that all was well, her lies poisoning his pure heart like a plague. Her corruption filled his ears, utterly binding him. Hespera laughed cruelly. He would be such a fun little toy...until she broke him...
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)

Offline Mylo

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 12:25:30 am »
What a great start to your writing thread! I am still wondering why you changed fonts halfway through, but I loved your use of descriptions. So here is another word: universe.

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 09:56:14 am »
Yeah sorry about that. I was trying to use italics, but ended up setting it to Teletype. By the way, I might not be able to get on the computer and work on this often, but rest assured I will try my best to keep up, and now, Instinct.

Rhen scented the air. He could smell it, so close. Stupid creature, thinking he couldn't track it across the river. It wouldn't be expecting him, wouldn't see him until his fangs meet in its throat. Instinct said kill, but a smaller voice in his head questioned why. He shook his head, dislodging the thought like a troublesome fly. He would kill because he was hungry. He crept silently through the treetops, approaching the creature's resting sight. He landed silently beside the sleeping form, and looked down at the creature. So vulnerable...and delicious looking. He leaned down and sliced his fangs through the jugular. A swift kill, with no last minute struggles to toughen the meat. He began to eat, savoring the meats sweet texture. Soon the creatures mate would return, to an empty nest, and his waiting jaws. He allowed a dark smile to cross his face. Humans were such succulent prey.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline typingwithpaws

• Species: fox
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 05:26:39 am »
i like these really short and sweet stories, i end up having issues finishing mine. something you lack :D

keep it up  ;)
"Nothing will ever surpass the beauty and elegance of a bad idea"

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 06:02:46 am »
That's odd....I saw this here and went in thinking you posted a new story, read it. Found out after getting halfway through it that I had ALREADY read the thing before. Sat here puzzled as to how I didnt comment when I first read it, seeing as it is my word after all......I get side tracked easily I guess. (:

Nice story though, very good. I like how you portrayed an animal, so primitive and innocent. Just going about daily life, fighting for survival, when his family is killed and eaten, and the eater awaits his return for another easy target for a future meal. As is the ways of nature. And even better that right at the end, you poked so nonchalantly at the animal being a human. NICE! :) I can tell just from that that you know how to write. I await more stories from the depth of your reality. ;)

Also, a new word! Let's dry a darker word, as it seems you enjoy that realm at least a little. Try animosity.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 11:57:58 am »
Thanks Jet, glad you enjoyed it. I dont live in reality, I make my own. You are right, I do enjoy my dark storys. But  little peak behind the curtain here, my hunter...wasnt an animal...it was a feral human. Darn, they dont have that creepy smile emoticon. Anyway, here is my next story, salvation.

Lisa sat on the edge of the cliff, and watched the sunset. That was one of the benifits of Baeshra. Earth had been so crowded and nasty. Here magic and technology blended seemlessly. Sure the creatures took some getting used to. It had been interesting waiting ttables for a dragon. They were lousy tippers though. Then something caught her eye. It looked like a shooting star. It fell through the sky leaving a trail of flames behind it. It crashed into the ground near the base of the cliff. She scrambled down the path and ran towards it. It had left a huge furrow in the ground, and in the end of the furrow lay a young man. He had jet black hair, and was wearing silver armor over his pale frame. But most remarkable were the huge black wings spread out behind him. She heard a gasp and he sat up and his eyes flew open. She gasped and sat back. His eyes were blood red. He looked at the sky in horror. "It is happening". She followed his gaze, and saw more meteors raining down. "What is happening? Who are you?" He didnt even spare a glance at her. "Armaggedon is happening. The breached the gates. The night queen will soon take over." "What can we do?" "You can pray for salvation..."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 12:27:56 pm »
Lets try animosity.

The upperclassmen huddled toghether in the dank crypt. Many whispered about the poor acomadations, but all whipseres hushed as the red velvet curtain over the makeshift stage pulled back. The child sitting there couldnt have been more than twelve. He sat on a stool next to a beautiful black harp. He wore a black tuxedo, white gloves, and a top hat pulled over one eye. The other eye glowed violet in the gloom. His silver hair seemed to draw the shadows, further darkening the already dusky tomb. "Ladies and gentleman. Welcome to the first performance. My name is Contemno, and I will be your entertainer this evening. Sit back, relax, and enjoy." He began to pull the strings. The music flowed out across the crowd like a black mist. A man in the crowd looked at his wife, and stopped. She had just looked at that boy on stage. Why wasnt she looking at him? He angrily grabbed her wrist, and she glanced at him. Then her features contorted in a grimace of rage. She slapped at him. He reeled and punched her. The commotion rapidly drew atttention, and ech responded the same. Their minds flooded with hatred and the began to fight. The boy on stage smiled as he plucked the strings. This town would do nicely. Half an hour later the nobles lay unconcious on the floor, and they would wake without any memory, or cash.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 12:38:52 pm »
Your doing a fine job on your writing.. You appear to
have a knack for dark stories.   So let's go wth the
word  "author"  :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 04:13:25 pm »
Okay, lets work on author. Sorry Mylo, but Universe is giving me trouble.

The young man sat in the study. His quill tapped a steady rythm on the paper as he thought. He hadnt any idea what to write about. Then a single thought struck him. A horror story. He began to brainstorm. He scratched out ideas, circled ideas, recrossed them out. He decided on a story about a doll that came to life and killed people. He began working on the first chapter. Once he began, it was hard to stop. He rolled over all night trying to sleep, but his brain insisted on producing ideas for the story. He woke the next morning and ate a hurried breakfast, eager to return to his story. He sent his daughter scurrying when she interupted him. His wife glared at him, but he ignored her. He took to spending long hours in his study, writing. One morning, weeks later, he awoke to find a note. It was from his wife. She was taking his daughter and leaving, claiming he didnt spend spend enough time with her. He tossed the note in the trash and returned to his study. He left only to use the bathroom and eat. No one in the village saw him for a year. The house fell into ruin, and people began to spread rumors of strange shadows at the window.

Rick was hanging out with his friends one night, when one of them proposed the ultimate prank. Spend the night in the old mansion. They agreed wholeheartedly. It was just an old story. The took a flashlight and a case of beers and walked up the gravel drive. The door was old and moldy, and gave with a good shove. They crept silently up the stairs. Heavy dust lay thick over everything, muffling their footsteps. They found that many of the rooms were locked. They finally found one that opened. It was furnished simply with a desk, a chair, and several bookcases. "Hey man look." Oner of his friends said. Laying on the desk was a single book... and a doll.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Psycho

• Toxicsauce!
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 04:33:06 pm »
I've read all of your short stories and I must say your writing is homogeneous to mine, I'm impressed.

It might be fun for me to just write whatever I want for a change again, but I just got on break and I've done enough writing. Writing literature of this quality takes me time, I don't know about you. Would you indulge me and write a story about Sunshine with a theme of happiness? I'd love to see what you can come up with!

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 04:33:44 pm »
Okay, I have a story for universe, but it isnt very good. Sorry Mylo, I will dedicate my next okay one to you.

It was almost like a dream. Emily walked slowly up the staircase. The steps creaked beneath her slippers. At the top of the stairs was a door, and she opened it. It lead into a beautiful library. An old record player cranked out a melancoly tune. Huge skeletons of various creatures, from a wolf, to a fully articulate dragon, hung from the cieling.  On one table lay an array of lamps, including one labled "do not rub". The books on the wall were of various topics, but what caught her attention was one shelf. It was covered in an array of snowglobes. Inside each one was a small sphere. On closer inspection Emily realized that each was a planet. She recognized mars, venus, jupiter, and others she couldnt name. Each one had a small tag. She began reading. Corneria, earth, pandora, Baeshra. She placed each carefully down. The next shelf seemed to be more snowglobes, but thes held creatures. One was a human with wild hair and jagged teeth. Another held a doll. This one held a woman withe bony skin, and writhing hair, that on a child with red eyes dressed in a tuxedo, and one had an angel with dark black wings. Emily gasped as she picked up the last snowglobe. Inside was a tiny perfect copy of her. Her hands shook, and the snowglobe slipped and fell to the floor with a tinkling crash as she screamed.

Julian flopped down into the desk chair. Booting up the computer, he logged onto his chat site, Furtopia. Clicking over to his short story thread, he read his comments. He was preparing to write, but did a double take. "Strange, I dont recall writing a story for universe yet..."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 04:34:51 pm »
Actually I just make these up on the spot. Hmmm, sunshine and happiness... that will be hard. Let me think about that for a second.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Mylo

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 05:33:21 pm »
That was an interesting story Blackrose, albeit a bit confusing at first.  :D  But still, it was very imaginative and I liked the imagery it provoked.  You are doing a great job so far.  *thumbs up*

So here is another word: microscopic

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 05:37:41 pm »
Okay, I will TRY to write a happy story. Word is sunshine... this will be hard.

Stella sat in the sunlight, breathing in the hazy summer air. Her friends sat alongside her. Summer vacation was almost over, then it would be back to school, and homeworks, and tests. She sat up. "Come on you four. Lets go do something." Vince sat up and yawned, his hood pulled down to reveal the grass tangled in his hair. "What do you want to do?" Kendra moaned. "There is nothing to do. No movies are showing. No concerts. We are out of ideas for the band. Everything is boring." Lucas chewed on a bit of grass. We could go to the beach." Stella considered it. "Nah, everyone goes to the beach at this time." Dorian sat up. "I still have some fireworks in the van. We could wait till dark, then set them off." Vince moaned and pulled his hood over his head, then replied in a muffled voice. "Why must you keep explosives in my car?" They squabbled for a minute, then Stella bolted to her feet. "We could have a concert. We can just take some regular songs from Vinces cds, and play those." They considered, and agreed. They climbed into the van. The picked up their instruments, but the stopped by Vinces house to change into their costumes. They drove to the park. By the time they arrived it was already twilight, perfect for their brand of music. They spaced out on the grass. A few parents left after seeing their black costumes. They began to play, their music slowly drawing a crowd. After they finished, the flares that Dorian set up caused a huge cloud of blue fire and smoke, nothing dangerous, but enough to cause some ohs and ahs. As the climbed back into the van Stella was laughing. Maybe the last week of vacation wouldnt be so bad after all...
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 05:39:33 pm »
Mylo, dude, I appreciate a challange, and that is what I get everytome you post a word!  :D
Let me think on that one for a second...
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 07:59:03 pm »
Nice work on Auther..  Since the Olympics have started
in London. How about the word "Olympic"  Not necessarily
about the Olympic games though. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 09:03:04 pm »
Okay, I have always liked greek mythology. Here we go. Olympic.

Everyone has heard of the greek heroes. Perseus, Oddesyus, Theseus, and many others. But few know that while the gods were spawning children to be heros, the monsters were spawning children to be quite the opposite...
The soilders stood tensly, waiting. They knew not what they had been sent to fight, but they knew that it would win them much glory to be in the battle. Then one of the men in the front lines stiffened, an arrow sticking from his chest. One of the warriors pointed. A man stood on top a one of the mounds of rock, with a drawn bow. He appeared to be using an suit of armor from which hung various long spines. He wrenched on of and fit it to his bow, firing it into one of the soilders. It pierced his shield, his breastplate, and him, thunking into the ground behind him. The archers began to fit arrows to their own bows, but a noticed a female perching next to them. She was stunningly beautiful, and had a pair of golden wings. She smiled and began to sing. The archers, along with several nearby soilders stopped. The singing was so beautiful, and seemed to have words embedded in the melody, if only they could listen to it. Other sections of the army fled in various directions. One group came across a river. They began to swim it, when a man shrieked and sank. One by one the warriors in the river were dragged screaming below. Those on the bank watched in amazment as a boy slogged from the river. He looked at them, hate and a strange hunger contorting his features. "Why arent you running?" His breath was green, and caused the nearby foliage to wilt. The his mouth stretched to reveal sharp serrated fangs and a forked tounge. He leapt the river in one bound and sunk his fangs into one mans neck. Meanwhile, another groups was dealing with a woman. Her hair was a nest of angry serpents, and men turned to stone beneath her gaze. Another group was dealing with a lion man, whose fur resisted all weapons, and whose daggerlike claws rended even the thickest armor. Another group made it to the shore, and pushed off in their longboats. They watched as these and many other strange warriors slew their comrades. The one man pointed into the water. Several women swam around the boats, their glowing green eyes, and sharp smiles offseting their unnatural beauty.

Several days later a young boy who dreams of being a hero us playing on the beach. He slashed a hydra, bravely defeats medusa, and bring back the skin of the nemean lion. Then he paused, and ran over to a strange item bobbing on the water. It is a plank from a ship, with a strange bite out of it. The boy glanced in amazement. It would be a perfect shield!
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 11:50:35 am »
That is a interesting story using the greek myths.  :orbunny:

If your looking for another word how about "winter"
oldrabbit.com

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 01:40:29 pm »
It was very strange. I was rereading my older stories, and my story for universe doesnt make sense anymore. I dont get it. I know it made sense when I first wrote it...hmmm. Oh well, here we go with Winter. Bye the way, note that these are stories, I do not promote any of the creepy things I write, they are just for entertainment. Also If you dont like a story, please feel free to critique it. My writing is pretty bad, but maybe I can improve.
Most of my stories also link up to a much larger story, so if you want background info, just send me a message, and I will give you more of the backstory. Enough stalling, here it is.

The chill wind blew outside, but Artemis sat on the bed and watched the snow, safe inside the warm house. His tail wagged back and forth as he watched the snowflakes fall. There was a knock, then Damian walked in with a cup of coffee. He sat next to Artemis, and kissed him between the ears. "Morning Artemis. Someone looks excited." Artemis nodded, practically vibrating. "Its snowing! It gets cold, but it rarely snows! Can we please go outside?" Damian sighed. "I still dont know why you need an escort everywhere." Artemis glanced out the window. "Wolves. What if I got eaten." He shuddered "I hate wolves." Damian pouted playfully. "You dont like wolves?" Artemis smacked him. "Not you, you four legged kind." Daminan sighed again. "Fine, wait on the porch, I need to find my boots." Artemis hugged him and sprinted outside. He bounced around the porch, wehen a crunch sounded behind him. He yipped and whirled around, and he saw a man in a long flared black jacket. He had long silver hair, and green eyes with slitted pupils, like a cat. He smiled ominously. "Hello child. Would you like to play a game?"
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Psycho

• Toxicsauce!
  • Female
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 01:45:00 pm »
Hmm, well I will point out that a story of any length or type has inciting force, rising action, a climax, falling action and a conclusion.
Some stories can have the falling action be the conclusion as well. If you need an example I wrote a short story in The Wise One's thread.

Now write me a story about gems! :P

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 02:01:50 pm »
 :D Okay! Here we go. For Pyscho, a story about gems.

Twisp floated in the dark mine, admiring the gems. Gems of every variety, from diamonds to rubies to sapphire, and emeralds, covered the cavern. He flitted around them, admiring their beautiful colors and patterns. Occasionaly he would call up a ball of ghoul light, just so he could watch the patterns the facets cast across the floor of the dark cave. They were the only thing that could hold his attention. He loved each color, loved their crisp faces, and love the noise they made. So much nicer than those nasty screams. He flowed around, occasionaly scratching the surfaces with a claw to produce those beautiful rings. He would do anything to protect his precious gems. Anything...
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu