Author Topic: The Tails Doll  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Gauthar

• Male
The Tails Doll
« on: January 11, 2013, 05:47:05 am »
The sun was high in the sky as the 14 year old kid complained a bit "Ugh mom come on we've been at this since 7 A.M and it's noon now." the mother just waved him off some 'Oh you will be fine Brandon..go look at the kids stuff I heard they have games over there." rolling his eyes the young boy walked off brushing some of his black hair from his face as he wandered around the garage sale..looking at some of the old junk before seeing a tote filled with games from all sorts of systems in it

"Hmm what do we have in here...got..got..old, old, I dont even own a nes anymore." he pushed games aside till he noticed something was inside the tote under the games, it was a really creepy tails stuffed animal. The teeth were made to look like fangs, the arms and legs were very long and thin with clawed appendages...a weird red gem was hanging from it's head "Oh this is great." he went to move it from the box only to see under it was a sonic adventure 2 game for the gamecube. "Oh what a nice find..seeing Someone..namely my younger brother broke my disc for this." he grabbed the game and went over to see how much the items were.

The person who was running the garage sale was an elderly man maybe around his late 60's early 70's as he was asked the question about the items he looked at the kid smiling "Oh you remind me of my late grandson sonny..these were some of his items." he patted the kid on the head "Um oh right the items well I'll let you get a bargain seeing you remind me of my grandson...15 dollars for them both." the kid fished out his wallet getting some of his money out for chores around the house..and mowing lawns over the summer. Handing him a twenty he got his change before waiting on his mom to finally be done so he could go home and replay an old classic he liked. Finally after a few more garage sales and a bite to eat they got home..helping get things inside fast as he wanted to hurry up things he ran off to his room with his new items

Setting the new tails doll next to his other sega stuffed animals he chuckled as he got his gamecube ready. As he placed the game in he began to play it. As he played through it through he found a section of the game he never could remember where there was a tails doll waiting on Sonic..when he pressed the a button on it the doll stood up and went a voice came over the speakers...slightly high in tone as it spoke to sonic "Sonic..would you like to play a game? Come play with me...play." after it was said a dialogue box opened up to say yes or no. Finding this very odd the boy chuckled a bit rolling his eyes "Oh well might as well." hitting yes a cut scene happened with the doll pointing across a course to the end where the real tails was tied up yelling out for help "Whoever gets there first...wins." came across the speakers before the gameplay began he ran along the course.

As he raced against the other he actually won the round as the voice came across the speakers "Good...come lets play more..play with me." this time no text box came up asking if he wanted to play or not as a bright light came up and revealed a new course when it died down. This time at the end of it was Knuckles asking for help. As he ran through this course something wasnt right as his character was being attacked by the tails doll..it's long arms knocking him down and getting ahead. He didnt win this time and when he got there he saw the doll with Knuckles dead and blood on the dolls hands and teeth. The voice came over the screen as a close up of the face with the blood..the eyes just like black voids staring out at Brandon "I win...but I want to play a game with you Brandon." his eyes going wide he dropped the controller as he quickly turned the game off as well the tv. Getting up he went out and ate dinner before doing his homework..trying to forget about what happened with the game.

When he went to bed he saw that the doll he got with the game was holding stuffing..he shook his head some as he just assumed it was just coming out of the doll "Ugh piece of crap cant believe I paid money on you." as he turned out the light to sleep. A few hours later the same voice from the game came up "Brandon.." he awoke in a startle and quickly turned on his desk light. He didnt see anything around but his door was now open his 10 year old brother there "I cant sleep." he said before coming into the room getting into bed "Can I play one of your games?"  shaking some he blinked thinking it was just his brother calling his name "Oh yeah..sure just keep it down." he said curling up in bed as his brother turned on the gamecube.

When he woke up the next day he looked and his brother wasnt there on his bed as per usual sleeping after he played with his games. Getting up he went on about his daily routines showering, etc. He went to wake his brother up seeing it was getting towards the afternoon and he wasnt in there. Asking his mom she didnt know where he was either saying she thought he was with his room sleeping. Going around the house looking for him he went into his room and noticed..his gamecube was on turning the tv on it was the tails doll there...he was playing sonic 2 "Damn he must of got scared..." before he turned it off he noticed a text box appear over the tails doll "Brandon...your brother played with me.." as he read it the screened turned black before the tails face showed up on the screen going "Come play with me...play Brandon play. Why wont you play with me?"

Offline Drake Fireborne

• Male
Re: The Tails Doll
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 09:15:52 am »
o.o I'm never playing sonic again D:
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 01:17:03 am »
[you are most welcome and I always heard about that one tails doll story and when I read it was like meh not really scary I'll re-envision it]

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 12:25:54 pm »
Reminds me of one of those cursed objects on the old "Friday the 13th"
show from the late 80's.  Your story would have made a good script for one
of the shows.  :D

Well done. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com