Author Topic: Need Help With Story  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
Need Help With Story
« on: September 03, 2013, 02:10:01 pm »
Well, I'm trying to give my dragon fursona some more accessories, and I want to give her an accessory that is similar to a favorite character of mine from the Legend of Spyro series. My favorite character is Cynder, and she has this band that she wears on her tail. I want to have my dragon character wear something similar, but I don't know what that band would be called. Can someone help me out here. I'll post the link to a picture of Cynder so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm asking this here cause I'm writing a story with my dragon fursona.

http://images.wikia.com/spyro/images/6/6e/Teen_Cynder.jpg
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Marius the Shusky

• Consuming all of your Mtn Dew and Bruchettas.
  • Male
Re: Need Help With Story
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 02:32:21 pm »
Well, let's see:

Does this band have some sort of importance relating to the dragon? Is it like a heirloom? Is it something magical or powerful--something pertaining with giving some sort of special ability? Those this band have some sort of backstory to it? Is it divine or celestial--something not from "earth" (I quote earth because that's the general assumption of the Planet the story is set in...).

Those questions not only help give an object meaning but is great for selecting names (at least, when I write a story, I go through a similar process and ask myself the same questions ^.^) Giving that description could help us help you find a name :)

Example: if it's a band that gives the wearer the power to manipulate fire and brings good luck, it could be called: FirenWill Band, the KindleHeart Band, and so on. :)

Hope it helps and I would love to read this story of yours sometime!  :o
"Echale ganas!"

Offline Madam Glitch

• Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 04:50:42 pm »
Well Yana controls Ice, but she is unable to actually breathe said element. One of the bands on her tail (for there will be three) is meant to give her good luck, one is meant to ward off evil spirits, and the other I'm not so sure. I was thinking that they could be heirloom from her grandmother.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Marius the Shusky

• Consuming all of your Mtn Dew and Bruchettas.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 01:27:56 am »
Alrighty! Sounds awesome!

Here a couple of names I could think of based of those descriptions:

1st Band: The Good Luck band, Band of Good Fortune, the Karma Binta, Reflector *or Giver* of Good Will.

2nd Band: The Band of the Holy Aura, Divine Aura Band, The Protection of the Good, Band of Holiness.

3rd Band: Hmm...this one is a bit tricky because of the description. You probably want it to be something meaningful, so I would recommend seeing what kind of relationship Yana had with her Grandmother and the reason why it was passed down and what would be the purpose of it.

These are just a couple of brainstormed names that came to mind; sorry if it's not what you are looking for. I'll keep looking for more for your assistance.>.>
"Echale ganas!"

Offline Madam Glitch

• Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 08:31:10 am »
I needed the technical name for the accessory. The names given is awesome, but I kinda need the technical name of the thing.
--Mewtwo

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 12:01:27 pm »
I needed the technical name for the accessory. The names given is awesome, but I kinda need the technical name of the thing.

Could you explain what technical context your thinking of? Perhaps other names
used for bands like, ring, toroid, coil, circle for a few would be helpful. You could look
up the same words in other languages like Latin for inspiration.

Could it mean what the band is made of? Or if it has a use other than decoration or a
badge of honor?

In fantasy bands can be used for protection, or for power like Space ghosts arm bands.
Perhaps one has a teleportation power.  Or a transformation power, or one of invisibility.

Hope that's helpful. :orbunny:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:06:18 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Madam Glitch

• Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 03:53:46 pm »
I was trying to find out what the general name for them to be. I'm sorry if I was confusing everyone. And your information was helpful Old Rabbit
--Mewtwo

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 12:05:35 pm »
I was trying to find out what the general name for them to be. I'm sorry if I was confusing everyone. And your information was helpful Old Rabbit

Glad it was helpful.. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Madam Glitch

• Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 12:14:44 pm »
Thank you :D
--Mewtwo