Author Topic: Killing animals in games  (Read 10394 times)

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
Re: Killing animals in games
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2016, 01:37:09 am »
Another way of putting it... Disturbed is as disturbed does. And people don't go finding enjoyment in cutting little animals in half like in the picture you posted (even if it is only a video game) unless they are in some way mentally disturbed.

But... i enjoy Happy Tree Friends though...  :'(  HAVE I BEEN A MONSTER MY ENTIRE LIFE!?

I can't tell if you're serious or being sarcastic.  :/
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline Helios_phi

• Species: Canis lupus arctos
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2016, 06:04:35 am »
but if I seen someone playing Skyrim and purposely killing the foxes, that'd bother me.

Sorry. I will obliterate anything on the map for leather.
It's just a game, I just cant be sad that the pixels stopped being animated.

Another way of putting it... Disturbed is as disturbed does. And people don't go finding enjoyment in cutting little animals in half

Speak for yourself. Dripping in leather armour with sweet new kicks to match only so I can go out hunting for better quality leather. 
The archers life is a hard day of killing critters
Throw your pebble in the mainstream and start a ripple.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2016, 12:16:15 pm »
Another way of putting it... Disturbed is as disturbed does. And people don't go finding enjoyment in cutting little animals in half like in the picture you posted (even if it is only a video game) unless they are in some way mentally disturbed.

But... i enjoy Happy Tree Friends though...  :'(  HAVE I BEEN A MONSTER MY ENTIRE LIFE!?

I can't tell if you're serious or being sarcastic.  :/

That makes two of us. ;)  (I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, though.)

Offline CatDetective

• Species: Cat
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2016, 08:09:52 pm »
It definitely depends on the animal... I don't like when it's non-optional, though. And it's one thing if it's 'kill this not to starve', or 'kill this before it kills you', but something else if it's 'kill five of these guys because some guy said to'... and even with the dangerous animals, I like when you have the option to run.

I feel bad if I accidentally kill a peaceful animal I didn't mean to just because it startled me in an area where I was preparing to face enemies.

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2016, 04:12:43 am »
I mentioned that it bothers me that wolves are so often enemies in video games. Well, it also sometimes bothers me that spiders are so often enemies in video games, but for a completely different reason; I find them highly creepy.  So I have no problem with killing them. Maybe I should though cause it honestly seems kind of mean when you look at it a certain way.
"I have to kill you because I don't like the way you look"  :o

Offline Rocco

• Species: German Shepherd
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2016, 04:20:35 am »
I couldn't care less what my enemy is, I kill them the fastest possible. Although I do kill the occasional idiotic NPC ally too :P

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2016, 08:10:10 pm »
anyone here play subnautica? the developers of the game specifically said that they are not going to add any lethal weapons to the game (with the exception of a diving knife that is all ready in game) because they dont want it to turn into a "kill everything you see" type of game and more exploration/learning how to avoid the deadly creatures.

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2016, 02:06:30 am »
anyone here play subnautica? the developers of the game specifically said that they are not going to add any lethal weapons to the game (with the exception of a diving knife that is all ready in game) because they dont want it to turn into a "kill everything you see" type of game and more exploration/learning how to avoid the deadly creatures.
I want to play Subnautica. I watch IGP play it. Jacksepticeye used to and he got me into the game. I can't play it because my toaster refuses to run games that graphically intense.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.