Author Topic: Tail Question  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
Tail Question
« on: December 28, 2014, 11:59:41 am »
Guys, I need some costuming help. I have a tail with belt loops. I don't wear belts, so I'm gonna try and use elastic to make a "belt" to wear. However, the belt loops are elastic as well, making the tail kinda lay a bit lower than I like. What do I do? Do I hot glue the belt loops to the elastic "belt" or what? I don't like wearing belts, but if I can't find another way to wear my tail, I'll have to go and by a belt.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
Re: Tail Question
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 04:49:08 pm »
The belt loops for my tail are made of polysester webbing so they don't stretch (I also wear a belt so it stays pretty close to me). An elsatic belt would probably stretch to much so you might try using a different material (or just getting a belt). It also depends on what type of elastic you wearing. So long as the part of the elastic belt that the tail hangs of is short and closely supported by the belt loops of whatever pants your wearing then the plastic would not be allowed to stretch as much.

Another solution would by a way to work out how to attatch the tail to the belt loops of the pants directly. (not permanently though)

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 12:28:00 am »
Some simple solutions/suggestions:
  • Bobby-pin the tail to your pants. Thread the pin from your pants, through the belt-loops, and then the pants again. Tempoary, but sturdy enough for everything but the roughest treatment.
  • A bathrobe belt. It's soft and what I use most of the time for casual wear. There is a problem with the belt being long, so I just tuck the excess into my pants.
  • If you can do basic sewing, make your own soft fabric belt. Just like the bathrobe belt, but made yourself!
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Madam Glitch

• Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 08:41:32 am »
Some simple solutions/suggestions:
  • Bobby-pin the tail to your pants. Thread the pin from your pants, through the belt-loops, and then the pants again. Tempoary, but sturdy enough for everything but the roughest treatment.
  • A bathrobe belt. It's soft and what I use most of the time for casual wear. There is a problem with the belt being long, so I just tuck the excess into my pants.
  • If you can do basic sewing, make your own soft fabric belt. Just like the bathrobe belt, but made yourself!

I like the bathrobe belt idea. Sadly, I have no knowledge about sewing, but I'm sure my grandmother could give me a hand with it once I get funds to get the equipment (which would probably take forever).
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 06:08:54 pm »
You could get some slightly larger safety pins and pin it on.  In my experience, safety pins hold pretty well during average daily wear and tear.
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline Madam Glitch

• Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 11:24:43 am »
You could get some slightly larger safety pins and pin it on.  In my experience, safety pins hold pretty well during average daily wear and tear.

That's what I've been using. I was just looking for another way to attach my tail
--Mewtwo

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 11:36:34 am »
Would a money clip work? I'm thinking something a little more stable (and less pointy) than safety pins...you could slide the clip between the loops of your jeans and your tail loops and voila! Or so I am thinking.... :-[

Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 01:22:56 pm »
Would a money clip work? I'm thinking something a little more stable (and less pointy) than safety pins...you could slide the clip between the loops of your jeans and your tail loops and voila! Or so I am thinking.... :-[

I love the idea! But I wonder if the tail would then slide out of the clip. I understand your worry about the pin though.
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)