Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
news forum / Re: US Supreme Court overturns Roe vs. Wade.
« Last post by Simo on June 24, 2022, 06:51:21 pm »

Regardless of whether you liked the result or not, Roe v. Wade was a hideous decision that should have never happened in the first place. The reasoning defied all logic, and the terminology was just plain weird with its "emanitions" and "penumbras" (what were they discussing? Constitutional law or solar eclipses?   (: ) I'm surprised it took this long.

The SCOTUS returned the issue to the states to decide. Some states will opt to prohibit, while others do not. That was how the issue was shaping up before Roe happened. If you don't like how your state decides, you can vote with your feet. That's the genius of a federal republic with semi-autonomous states.

Another case of be careful for what you wish: you just might get it. The first time a frightened 14 y/o girl shows up dead of a botched abortion,we all know what happens next: it will be on a 24/7 news cycle. Any pro-life candidate will find himself hard pressed to win election as a county dog catcher. They'll be wishing the SCOTUS left well enough alone.

This will also become a full time employment situation for lawyers once the litigation ramps up.
the polling booth / Re: Furries at Pride Events?
« Last post by Kobuk on June 24, 2022, 02:11:15 pm »
I don't go to Pride events nor do I wear furry stuff anymore.

If you don't mind me asking why do you no longer wear furry stuff anymore?

Simply put, I'm pretty much retired from the fandom. Don't go to cons, furmeets, wear furry stuff, etc. As you get older, the hobbies and interests you once had when you were younger change over time.
general non-furry discussion / Re: Random Thought For The Day
« Last post by Kobuk on June 24, 2022, 02:08:49 pm »
At least once a week, I walk outside and say "Computer, end program.".  It doesn't work. :( 

(Kudos to anybody who understands that reference. ;) )
news forum / US Supreme Court overturns Roe vs. Wade.
« Last post by Kobuk on June 24, 2022, 02:01:35 pm »
Read it and weep, folks. The US Supreme Court just officially overturned Roe vs. Wade today.
Women in many states and/or the US in general, will no longer have the right to an abortion.

Anybody have thoughts on this major court decision?

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/roe-wade-abortion-supreme-court-ruling/index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/24/politics/dobbs-mississippi-supreme-court-abortion-roe-wade/index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/24/politics/abortion-ruling-gay-rights-contraceptives/index.html
general non-furry discussion / Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Last post by cause the rat on June 24, 2022, 01:49:06 pm »
The guys I work with (that haven't even been at our workplace for a year) trying to tell me how to do my job even though I've been there for years.
The worst part is that they don't know how we do things and don't listen to my input half the time. Then when things get screwed up, they look at me for solutions. >:(

I know your pain. Got a boss who thinks he knows everything. Truth being he's nothing more than a one minute moron. I have a co worker who's been at the same job for years. We both work on the same machine. But different shifts.  I end up having to fix the problems this machine is left with. Took me more than two hours Monday alone. I had a problem with one motor and had to modify how the machine worked to keep good production. My co worker tells me "I had no problems with it all day long." when I looked at how my co worker set the machine up? It was made to look like the motor was working without it actually touching the product. Lied to me.  And the worst part about this is our one minute moron will only listen to my co worker. Despite the fact that I'm the one who's found all the problems with this new machine. 
general non-furry discussion / Re: The "Good News" thread.
« Last post by cause the rat on June 24, 2022, 01:14:11 pm »
Got a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place medals for 3 different models I took to a contest yesterday. :)

AWESOME Kobuk! Keep smashing the competition!
the polling booth / Re: Are you worried about the Coronavirus?
« Last post by cause the rat on June 24, 2022, 01:12:23 pm »

That being said, my worry about covid is almost nonexistent at this point.

To prevent this long story from being even long, the conversation I had was that while covid hasn't disappeared and never will in my opinion, I see it as being similar to getting pneumonia now. For some people, pneumonia is a death sentence but in most cases it isn't

Unfortunately this is a popular but very dangerous opinion.  At best this virus could fizzle out and become nothing more than another common cold or flue. Wishful thinking gets nowhere. The more people who keep this virus alive by not getting vaxed the more chances this virus has to mutate. The more people who get the virus the more people suffer from life long damage. Internal scaring of the lungs, liver, hear and kidneys can shorten people's lives.
debate forum / Re: Change Is Necessary
« Last post by cause the rat on June 24, 2022, 12:58:55 pm »
And speaking of family friendly. The adult filter is the only reason I post or read posts on this forum. I turned it off once. It's misleading to call this a family friendly forum when it needs an adult filter.  I'm thankful for this filter. Still misleading.
general non-furry discussion / Re: Random Thought For The Day
« Last post by Chewy, God of Rats on June 24, 2022, 12:41:05 am »
At least once a year, everyone should think about that one thing they've always wanted to do. No matter how risky, illogical, improbable, or insane it might seem, think about it and ask yourself "what if I actually go for it?"
the polling booth / Re: Furries at Pride Events?
« Last post by Chewy, God of Rats on June 24, 2022, 12:37:41 am »
I don't go to Pride events nor do I wear furry stuff anymore.

If you don't mind me asking why do you no longer wear furry stuff anymore?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10