Poll

Should I get a new printer?

Yes, get a new printer.
1 (50%)
No, don't get a new printer.
0 (0%)
Get the replacement part for your current printer and continue to use that.
0 (0%)
Undecided.
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: New printer?  (Read 3765 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
New printer?
« on: June 24, 2016, 08:15:25 pm »
About 2 weeks ago, my computer printer at home had a malfunction. To the best of my knowledge and understanding, it appears to be the printhead that the ink cartridges fit in to. The printer I have is an HP 8600 e-Premium All in One Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax. I've had it for about 3-4 years I think.
http://ssl-product-images.www8-hp.com/digmedialib/prodimg/lowres/c02960954.png
I've tried everything I can think of to get the printer to print, but to no avail. I have two choices:

a) Get a replacement printhead for about $150-200
https://www.amazon.com/Officejet-8600-Plus-Genuine-Printhead/dp/B00BKHL8WQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1466813275&sr=8-2&keywords=hp+8600+printhead

b) I've been told by various salespeople and friends that for the almost $200 that I'd be spending on a new printhead, I would be better to use that money and get a new printer instead.

I'm undecided on what to do. I really like the printer I currently have now.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: New printer?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 10:25:58 pm »
All the experiences with HP printers have been bad. It it was me? Different brand ( l like Canon ) and new printer. But make sure if you do go for the new, it's compatible with your system.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: New printer?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 11:56:30 am »
I would get a printer based on how much the ink costs for it. Printers are cheap
Ink isn't.

Personally If I could still see well enough to read black on white print, I would buy a
laser printer. The ink cartridges last longer and don't dry out like the inkjet ones
do.  I rarely ever got full use of a inkjet cartridge before it dried out.

oldrabbit.com