Author Topic: UFO's may be real? Pentagon has been studying them!  (Read 3866 times)

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
Re: UFO's may be real? Pentagon has been studying them!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 09:50:44 pm »
Of course UFOs are real. There's enough flying objects around that it's hard to identify all of them. What do you expect? (If you expect aliens, prepare to be disappointed.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 11:49:08 pm »
I'm pretty sure anything that can maneuver at the speeds these things are purported to do would scare any government.  If real, they would be from another government on Earth, or, possibly a phenomenon we can’t understand, maybe even extraterrestrial.  Either case would alarm many people as it shows them how powerless they are.  If a craft can fly past supersonic jets with no sound, and make 90 degree turns at such speeds, we have no power over them.  With no power over them, we are no longer in control, and we are like dirt in comparison.  Its humbling and we react by spending lots of money and time to figure out if they are a threat, and if they are real.  Of course these things may be of our own creation, either of our own time, or perhaps our future selves?     :o

It does get a little scary when you read "stories" of airline pilots seeing them, trained air force pilots watching them next to the jet with nothing on radar, astronauts seeing strange things and their voice on tape, and multiple people on the ground seeing the same thing at the same time.  Of course, all they are , are, Unidentified Flying Objects, not necessarily aliens...

But what is also intriguing are the many stories of “encounters”; a fascinating subject to say the least!  And of course the MANY sightings people post to sites like MUFON.
Also, I feel that in the US, we sometimes have portrayed UFO's and such things as negative, but are there cultures where it is more accepted, more positive?

A little off topic, but what was the US governments project called, the one that studied psychics and remote viewing?  Can’t remember.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 11:39:53 am »
Almost all unidentified flying objects can be explained. We have no idea
what types of aircraft the military is developing and or test flying.

Miss leading information is a favorite tactic of  government coverups.
So it's likely any story the government puts out is a diversion to
cover the truth.

Personally I think the world would be better off if their was space
aliens. Then we would have something to bring us all together. So
far though there isn't any solid evidence for space aliens or time
travelers.  (Beam me up Scottie.  :D )
oldrabbit.com

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 09:18:38 pm »
I mostly agree with what you said Old Rabbit. 
Many UFO images are actually insects flying out of focus, lens flares, reflections, sun in the lens, operator error, and complete hoaxes.
In regards to government projects, for the public who are not in the know, some of the objects may be by the strictest sense, Unidentifiable Flying Objects.

It wouldn't surprise me if the government was 30 years ahead of what we see in the  mainstream world. They probably had drones WAY back, probably when radio control was perfected.  Perhaps most of these objects are simply that, drones.

I remember when I visited near the INEEL (Idaho National Engineering Environmental Laboratory), outside the EBR1 reactor building there were parts of a decommissioned nuclear powered aircraft engine (called HTRE) for all to see.  So why do we not see these in planes at our local airport?  Maybe they are in use on other airplanes or drones?

But the stories you can find of encounters and such do make interesting reading at times.  :D
And of course, without people knowing the truth, they assume the worst and worry about these things they may see in the sky.
So if Project Bluebook and the like are coverups, how much money and time did they spend?  Wouldn't there be a cheaper way to do that? :)

(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 02:37:59 am »
I don't know about the rest of you but i'm highly disappointed in this latest video.  What this looks like is a very bad pixilation of a jet fighter flying in front of the camera. When it's dark your looking at the body of the jet. When it becomes bright your looking at it's engines. This was a common problem with standard digital cameras back in the early 2000's. Now I have two real problems with this. First this is not the ultra high resolution camera that would be on a fighter jet. Especially one who's job is to keep American skies safe. The second problem is the conversation. This is not the standard to the book communication you would expect when dealing with a possible enemy combatant. This video is fake.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 02:22:22 pm »
I don't know about the rest of you but i'm highly disappointed in this latest video.  What this looks like is a very bad pixilation of a jet fighter flying in front of the camera. When it's dark your looking at the body of the jet. When it becomes bright your looking at it's engines. This was a common problem with standard digital cameras back in the early 2000's. Now I have two real problems with this. First this is not the ultra high resolution camera that would be on a fighter jet. Especially one who's job is to keep American skies safe. The second problem is the conversation. This is not the standard to the book communication you would expect when dealing with a possible enemy combatant. This video is fake.

Cause is probably right on all these points. ;) I'd also be curious to hear Varg's input too since he used to work on military fighter jets.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 09:10:04 pm »
If real...
I do believe that this video may be FLIR imagery from a stabilized surveillance pod. The object may be off to the side of the jet, at a distance.  The tilt of the horizon is the clue.
Varg may be able to add more information, esp.  if he can identify the aircraft.  Its too bad the image is cut off on the edges.

FLIR Longwave IR that is capable of low light was traditionally lower res than normal visible light cameras.
FLIR sensors that I know of are fundamentally different from normal camera sensors and their construction hinders ultra high res.
Larger pixels capture low light with lower noise better than small pixels. 

That fact is also true for DSLR's. Sometimes an older DSLR of 6MP has lower pixel noise at low light than the 20MP version, as the pixels are physically larger.
A cleaner image at lower res may be more desirable for a machine vision application (tracking/targeting) than a high res image with noise.  The increased pixel count with higher average noise would require more processing power than a simple and clean but low res image.

I recognize the way the clouds look in IR, as I have used thermal IR cameras in the past.  BTW, the object is super HOT, it is blinding the sensor, and it is automatically blacked out.  the haze around the object could be heated gases emitting IR energy.  The fact that the camera is auto ranging grey scale based upon what appears to be the thermal intensities in the image looks real to me, as this is common practice to give larger dynamic range.  As for the audio, if they were excited, even with training, they may break protocol. 

Having listened to commercial airline pilots on the scanner for years, most stick to the script, but on certain channels where they can chat to each other, things are more relaxed.  These two pilots may have been talking between themselves, not to the ground, I think that this is called air-to-air channels.  This audio may have been logged in the data recorder.

Doesn't mean it was space aliens.  Just means these plots saw something they didn't know about.  It was new to them.

However, with today's video editing technology etc... this video could have been faked too.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 11:32:47 am »
Technology being what it is today government or private
hoaxes are possible. I imagine the only proof would require
hard physical evidence to prove anything. Then only
substances or tech of types man couldn't fabricate would
be needed to prove the existence of aliens or time
travelers. Of course a actual alien space craft using a singularity
to power it would end speculation.   :D
oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 01:04:46 pm »
With half the world covered in high definition cameras we still don't have clear images.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 11:56:02 am »
Perhaps those space aliens have their cloaking tech
turned on.  :D

Speaking of UFO's
This year Santa Clause best wear his Trump disguise
or he might get shot down by Trumps paranoid
security people.  :P Don't worry kids, Santa will
make it. He always has. :orbunny:

« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 12:15:47 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 02:53:34 pm »
Perhaps those space aliens have their cloaking tech
turned on.  :D

Speaking of UFO's
This year Santa Clause best wear his Trump disguise
or he might get shot down by Trumps paranoid
security people.  :P Don't worry kids, Santa will
make it. He always has. :orbunny:

Perhaps Santa should be delivering his gifts in a stealth sleigh or in a B-2 stealth bomber. This way, he won't be detected and shot down when flying over countries that are hostile to the U.S. (Like North Korea for example.).

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2017, 10:05:56 pm »
As a collector of odd old and antique Christmas items I can say it's been a long time sense Santa has worn orange. Or purple, or yellow, gray, green, brown, blue..... In fact in the poem "The Night Before Christmas" santa was dressed from head to toe in fur. A furry?

Santa is better than any of these UFO's. Everyone knows what night he goes. But no one has ever got a picture.