not-so-furry discussion > general non-furry discussion

Weight Loss?

(1/2) > >>

Jade Sinapu:
Hi,
I wanted to see what the Furtopians think.
I am not proud of my weight.  I weigh 234lb at the moment.  I am 6'3" tall.
I should be 200 to 205 lb.

Back in the summer of 2019 I was at that weight.  Family thought I was "think and sickly" I felt good and could wear normal jeans.
I did it with calorie counting diets and exercise. 

Now I think stress and such has made me give up.

How does anyone do this?  Losing weight I mean.

Also I believe that my weight may be causing other serious issues... and that weighs on my mind more.  It is a dangerous trap of self doubt and falling into a bad routine.

I get tired, feel I need to eat to get energy, eat, then feel more tired.  I remember this is bad, and stop it.  Only to repeat again.  So apparently I have some minor impulse control issues.

Any thoughts, stories, etc, is helpful.

Rocket T. Coyote:
I'm 6' 2" and was 196 lbs with hypertension. Can't swing 5 servings of veggies a day. Was put on meds and ride a bike several times a week as weather permits. Now down to 186-188 and BP is excellent.

cause the rat:
Loos it and keep it off wile your younger. The older you get the harder it is.

Jade Sinapu:
Hi Rocket!
So glad your blood pressure is lower.  I bet you feel better for it.

I am trying to get my old bike tuned up and ready to go.  It is hard to get a Shimano GS chain for it...  it's old.
But I used to love riding, so I will try to get into that.
I will also do a log of weight , blood pressure and glucose.  Also food diary.
I am getting serious about this one.  I have seen my B.P. too high
I had 137/92 with 85 pulse.  This was just walking around.... not so good.

And Cause, I guess that is true, and I forgot about it.  Yeah I want this extra weight gone!  I want to be able to move freely and feel better and keep up with crazy Wanda.

cause the rat:
Jade Have fun on the bike! Used to ride for hours at a time. Enjoyed every minute of it.

Bought a bike some years ago but was to heavy to ride it. Then I find out that even if I drop my fat to only 4% I'd still be to heavy to ride the thing. At 4% I'd weigh over 180 lbs. The bike has a weight limit of 200 lbs. At that weight it would still be easy to damage the rims. Who'd a thought you could be 5,9 and be to heavy to ride a bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version