not-so-furry discussion > general non-furry discussion

Random Thought For The Day

<< < (8/14) > >>

Firelight:

--- Quote from: Kobuk on June 24, 2022, 02:08:49 pm ---At least once a week, I walk outside and say "Computer, end program.".  It doesn't work. :( 

(Kudos to anybody who understands that reference. ;) )

--- End quote ---

I so got that  :D
Silly husky this isn't Star Trek  :D

Rocket T. Coyote:
If mail is important enough to read, then it's important enough to have a complete return address.

Rocket T. Coyote:
Neighbor kid out on snowmobile already. Hope he doesn't run into any downed power lines.

DDD:
Hi All,

Response to post above regarding different names for male/female animals:

Most of those animals have visible or behavioral traits that make it easier to distinguish male from female. Things like fishes and snakes, not so much.
Humans have this too. Females are called females or women. Males are called males or men.
Then there are animals that have different terms based on how old they are - for humans...baby -> toddler/infant -> child -> teen -> young adult -> adult -> old fart.
Ducks start out as ducklings. Chickens start out as Chicklings Chicks. Sheep start out as lambs. Frogs start out as tadpoles (albeit this is a special case!). Dogs start out as Doglings Puppies. Cats start out as Catlings Kittens. Horses have a tonne of different names - just ask someone from Equestria.

Here's a few new random thoughts for ya all:

The clouds and the sky are always above us, therefore we are always under the weather.

How accurate does something have to be for us to consider it true/right (eg - can we ever create a perfect cube? we can get super close to perfect by assembly atoms in a cube like structure, but atoms are not flat are they? so the surface would still have fluctuations...)

If I am rebuilding a car, and I replace every single part, nut, bolt, hose etc, is it still the same car? What about if I hand make every single bodywork panel and replace every panel? What about if I have to replace every part of the chassis...apart from one small section which is kept from the original car?

Objects that we say are red, actually do not "have" a colour. They are just really good at reflecting red light, and good at absorbing blue and green light.

Monitors can make any colour from RGB (Red Green Blue). Printers can make any colour from CMYK (Cyan Magenta Yellow Black). RGB are darker colours than CMY. This is because when you add lights of different colours together, it gets closer to white...but if you add inks of different colours together, it gets closer to black.

If the background shown on a monitor is white, having a blue picture on the monitor is not actually adding B light where the picture is. It is reducing the R & G light everywhere the picture is not.

Black paper is paper that poorly reflects visible light. You cannot print on black paper unless you first put a layer on the paper that is good at reflecting visible light (ie print white first).

When we touch something with our finger...are the atoms of our finger actually in contact with the atoms of the object we are touching? Or are they getting so close together that they are repelling each other with enough force to stop any closer movement?

DDD

Rocket T. Coyote:
When you're kind to an animal, they sometimes find some way to repay you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version