Author Topic: Beginner writing  (Read 2981 times)

Offline Wox

• Male
Beginner writing
« on: September 20, 2012, 11:38:12 am »
I'm looking to start furry writing to use a currency to trade with art, since I can't exactly use money atm.. So I need some experience, so does anyone want something writen? Just give me the plot and i'll write it, it just probably won't be any longer than 4-5 pages :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:44:07 am by Wox »
Woof :3

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
Re: Beginner writing
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 11:18:50 pm »
I'm thinking, I'm thinking... First, let me ask what kind of things you feel you are at least semi-good at writing. Fanfictions, ninjas, CIA, FBI, war, waffles :D, love, what? I can probably give you an epic plot if you show me something you've already written. (: Just so I can has a general idea of your writing style. :3
I just got mai computer fixed!! :D :3
Surrender the peanuts!
ScourgeFur on DeviantArt! :D
:goldlaugh:

Offline Wox

• Male
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 09:12:48 am »
"I thought I heard it coming closer, the heavy thud of the demon's footstep. Oh, it was just my imagination... I must get to shelter before nightfall. I must meet up with Poe to get the weapons embedded with bloodstone... Wait. What is that noise? I must run, must run, must run faster, Uhn? AGHH"

I know it's short, but that is only because I had to start in the middle of a story, so... but I HOPE it's enough, so yeah.  :D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:06:12 pm by Wox »

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 05:44:32 pm »
Okee, well from what I can see, Adventure, Action, and a bit of terror or horror in there! :D Okay, SO!

Here's a plot:
Your character, (make one or ask for help on one :3), is going on a mission because of this magic amulet s/he found in the dark tombs of some ancient civilization! Let's say your furson is an archaeologist, and found this old village in perfect condition, although you find no signs of life. You explore, la di da, PRESTO! You find this thing with a map and some epic old scroll. You maybe get to time travel? Or meet some god/ghost/demon and are asked for your help to find out what happened or save EVERYONE!!! :D This is just a random idea, not really a plot, moar like the base of the beginning of a story :P Hope I may has helped a little, if you don't like this one, I know I can probably think of something way better (:
Surrender the peanuts!

Offline Wox

• Male
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 06:24:20 pm »
I can work with that :P

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 07:33:39 pm »
Okay ^^ Can't wait to see it! :D
Surrender the peanuts!

Offline Wox

• Male
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 07:40:04 pm »
If you dont mind me asking, what normally do people use to give writing to another person on a mire private level, like a commision persé? Does one just link a word document or what?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:43:27 pm by Wox »

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 07:43:08 pm »
Oh, well I use e-mail, but I'd normally post mai stuff XD But yes, you could link the document. :3
Surrender the peanuts!

Offline Wox

• Male
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 08:07:40 pm »
I 'm prob gonna start on it tonight amd finish tomorrow because im gonna be home alone most of the day :P

Offline Wox

• Male
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 04:28:48 pm »
Well this is taking longer than I thought it would, so my deadline has moved to next Friday at the Latest so yeah... :)

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 09:01:54 pm »
It's okay :D Good writing can take a a little while, GREAT writing needs time and passion! XD Take as long as you need, that's one of the top steps of becoming a writer!
Surrender the peanuts!

Offline Wox

• Male
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 11:59:12 pm »
Yeah ive been busy this weekend and next weekend too but ive got the main base laid out and first page and a half done

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 11:11:43 pm »
So how do think your story is coming along so far? :3 Just your personal opinion, because I know if I don't like what I'm writing... It'll turn out like crap :P
Surrender the peanuts!

Offline Wox

• Male
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 10:54:16 am »
It's coming slow... I'm trying to keep it interesting, which is difficult for me because I like to put detail into my stories, but it should be done by Friday, I'm thinking it's going to be upward of 2-3 pages  :-[

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 04:18:23 pm »
Dude, the moar detail the better, as long as you feel there's a flow in the writing. If you re-read it, and it feels.... Shall we say, stuck on a certain thin or just frozen for a while in that part of the story, try less detail, add a bit more dialogue or movement... Maybe some stuff in the background :P I don't really know, but if the flow is slow, something isn't quite right.

Sorry for the... droning.... just a tip? XD (:
Surrender the peanuts!

Offline Wox

• Male
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 06:41:02 pm »
This week was insane for me, and it was test week, and I have been rehearsing for this performance I'm doing this weekend, so I didn't manage to get much done on the story, but I will give you what I have.
   Just another day at work, boring  as usual. The boss has been pushing me to the limits lately, something about issues with the staff. I guess I should get back out in the field, that old Acatrian ruin has been giving on some strange seismic activity recently. "What you doin' there Kaht?", asked Joey, a boy who quite obviously, is head over heels in love with me. "Not much, just performing more seismic tests, that tomb down there is giving of readings like it is exploding." I said, "Ahh, yes, the tomb." said Joey, "We need a team going down in there, we're having strange things happening, such as water misting up and floating away, I'm going to assemble a team immediately, I'm going to need you in the tunnels by 0400, get some rest."
   The next morning I was in the tunnels before anyone else assessing, and reassessing my gear. Before long Joey shows up and starts gearing up. Within the hour people are showing up, and we have our team. "Men, and women, today we are going into the depths of a ruin that has claimed the lives of many of our men. We have you suited with everything you could possibly need while down there, we also have QCS, quantum communication systems on each of you, that are nearly impossible to scramble so we will be in touch at all times. Suit up, and let's get in there." An hour later the team was ready and we descended into the ruin. Everything was lit up by strange, blue crystals that emitted high amounts of light. "I have a bad feeling about this." said one of the team members. "I think we'll be fine.", assured Joey.
   I am trailing long behind the team, taking time to examine these strange markings on the wall. It seems to depict art of anthropomorphic people; like us. "Joey! Joey!", I yelled at him. "What, What, are you hurt?", he replied. "We have to go, now, these walls, they are made to kill." I said. Joey replied, "Wait, how, what?" "No time to explain, we have to get the whole team out of here, a.s.a.p." as he was looking around for an exit route. "There's no way out", he said. "How? Where did the tunnels go? Where do we go? How do we get out?" he said, panicking, losing himself in terror. "I don't know, for all I know it could have collapse, or the walls shut in by themselves." During this whole episode most of the team has gone off somewhere, and gotten lost.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:26:11 pm by Wox »

Offline DarkDemon

• It's not popuri!!
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 08:46:12 am »
That was very good! :D But here is a little tip... :goldhowl: MOAR DETAIL!! XD Just put a bit in there about the surroundings, like say something along the lines of: "Shards of light blue crystals jut from the walls and ceiling, lighting the darkening tunnels. The earth packed to tightly, our footfalls could barely be heard..." Maybe, I just want to point out I'm not a pro writer, but adding detailed places and characters really help a story out. Other than that, you did an awesome job with this! :D Keep it up! (:
Surrender the peanuts!

Offline Wox

• Male
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 09:02:47 am »
 :D Thanks! ;)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist