Furtopia services and support > suggestion box

Displaying personal messages by conversation

<< < (2/2)

redyoshi49q:

--- Quote from: Sciex on June 26, 2014, 07:12:04 am ---Search: From what I tested, it only searches the content of the message and not the person the message was sent to or from.

--- End quote ---

...Yeah... I kinda missed a detail on that one.

The search page is accessible from the left sidebar.  The advanced search page is accessible from the hyperlinked "Advanced search" text below the text box of the page you first land on *before* you submit search terms for PMs (alternatively, see/bookmark this hyperlink directly).  Once you get there, you should see a nice, shiny "by user:" text field (it contains "*", which stands for "match any username", by default).

Weisseman:
You can sort message by date, subject and sender by clicking their respective column headers.

You can also assign labels to messages as well to help organise them.

Keitsu:

--- Quote from: redyoshi49q on June 26, 2014, 09:26:28 am ---
--- Quote from: Sciex on June 26, 2014, 07:12:04 am ---Search: From what I tested, it only searches the content of the message and not the person the message was sent to or from.

--- End quote ---

...Yeah... I kinda missed a detail on that one.

The search page is accessible from the left sidebar.  The advanced search page is accessible from the hyperlinked "Advanced search" text below the text box of the page you first land on *before* you submit search terms for PMs (alternatively, see/bookmark this hyperlink directly).  Once you get there, you should see a nice, shiny "by user:" text field (it contains "*", which stands for "match any username", by default).

--- End quote ---
That only displays one page of results and only searches the inbox.

Ziel:
Just to follow up on this topic...
One new feature we have with the upgraded forums should make you all pretty happy :D

Go to Profile > Modify Profile > Personal Messaging. You'll find a drop-down where you can tell it to display personal messages as a conversation.  Just be sure you have the "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default." option selected as well, so that it'll be storing both your sent and received mail.

Keitsu:

--- Quote from: Ziel on July 17, 2014, 10:42:07 pm ---Just to follow up on this topic...
One new feature we have with the upgraded forums should make you all pretty happy :D

Go to Profile > Modify Profile > Personal Messaging. You'll find a drop-down where you can tell it to display personal messages as a conversation.  Just be sure you have the "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default." option selected as well, so that it'll be storing both your sent and received mail.

--- End quote ---
That's awesome :D I noticed that it works on new pm's but not the old ones before the update.  I'd assume that's because they are not grouped with the same conversation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version