Author Topic: Aurora's Light(IC)  (Read 7201 times)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Re: Aurora's Light(IC)
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2014, 12:49:45 am »
He sighed "I know...I just wanted to tell you..." he froze up for a moment "That you look beautiful...I've probably been spending too much time around the pirates, my apologies" he looked up at her "So what do you wish of me, friend?" for the briefest instant his voice sounded pained, but brief enough to make you wonder if it wasn't your imagination
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2014, 12:54:35 am »
"Good." Prowl said, patting his shoulder before releasing him. "Now, are you still any good in open combat? I fear that is what this is about to come to... Us facing the red horde..."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2014, 12:59:33 am »
"sledge, most warriors have to bend down just to engage me, that alone provides a huge advantage" he smirked" but yeah, I've learned a few new tricks as well...you really think i'd let myself get rusty? though I do still prefer doing my job behind the scenes"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2014, 01:02:56 am »
"Good." Prowl said, resuming her brisk pace. "Then we'll go to the armory first, get anything you might need... Then to the throne room. I must consult with my husband."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2014, 10:13:17 pm »
"I thought you'd have something more particular in mind...after all i already came here to fight"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2014, 11:11:36 pm »
"Don't worry... There will be something much more... Specialized later, I'm sure." She stopped outside of one of the several personal armories her family had access to and placed her hand against the smooth steel door. It clicked and slid inward, revealing a rather large room full of weapons and armor, though knowing Prowl, the size was no surprise. "Help yourself. I have something to check on..." She walked to the back of the room and once again placed her hand, though this time it was flat on a wall. After a moment, the wall seemed to fade and reveal a beautifully wrought short sword. It's blade was black and had an oilspill type quality to its shine, the crossguard was delicately engraved silver, as was the pommel which had an onyx set into it, and the handle was wrapped in black leather. The blade had the name "Daern" written in silver fillgery along it, and it was likewise written on the scabbard which hung beside it. The word was an Ancient War Wolf word for death. Prowl carefully took it and slid it into the sheath, then belted it on I the place of her more ornamental blade which she placed into the alcove Daern had come from. The sword itself seemed to darken the area immediate to it, and the room had become slightly, but noticably colder when it had been revealed.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:52:53 am by Sledge »

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2014, 11:59:25 pm »
"Anyone above the age of fourteen can bear arms in my kingdom, and anyone who is willing to serve at that age joins my armies. Granted, we do try to keep them in units of similarly aged soldiers and away from the front lines, but they do plenty of fighting like any soldier, and we provide their armor. It will be a piece of cake to outfit you." Justin replied, as they entered the vaulted armory. It was large, with rows of weapons racks forming aisles down the length of the middle open floor, and alcoves of Phoenix armor of almost every size and type available. Down at the far end was an alcove that was actually a large circular room full of Justin's own armors and weapons. He turned to look at blades and Leilani. "Anything in this vault, you may take. Anything enchanted that you take needs to he brought to me so I can tell you how to use it safely. Some of the weapons here have the power or potential to wipe out entire cities. Others could annihilate entire kingdoms if misused. Only my magic works here, and nothing can breach these walls save the full concentrated power of the gods who helped me build it. Be careful, but feel free to take any armor or weapon you desire."(of course, don't expect to be able to find the weapons of power he mentions...) justin told them, before gesturing at an alcove halfway down. "Blades, armor for you is probably there, Leilani, come with me and I'll personally help you get out fitted. As for you, blades, I would assume you know the significance of where you are and not betray my trust in sending you alone." The Phoenix Lord said, eyeing blades with slight approval as he spoke, before turning to Leilani and heading to a closer alcove.

(When you search for a weapon, tell me what type, and I'll post a description of it. Be specific, name what type of sword, tell me as to whether its a mace or a Morningstar you seek, flail or bolla, long bow or shortbow, composite or recurve, etc etc etc. you get the picture.)
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2014, 12:09:42 am »
he watched in awe as she pulled the sword out, shivers going up his spine "so um what do you have as far as enchanted weapons and armor?"

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2014, 12:31:43 am »
"I will not shatter your trust...after all the Tavare creed...Honor and Courage..." Blades answered as Justin took Leilani to the alcove. Overwhelmed by the armor options, He decided to look through the weapons, he had his ancestral Tavare family bow and ninjato already...maybe he could find a second ninjato to perhaps duel-wield with his current one.

Leilani looked to Justin as he led her to the alcove. "This...this is all quite impressive. Sorry if I hassled you a bit it's just...my papa worries about me a lot ever since my mama went missing."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 01:04:51 am by T-Yoshi45 »

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2014, 12:50:41 am »
(Tsk tsk tsk, I must ask you back up your post. I will still respond to the weapon search, though I'm going to have you re-chose your armor. Now, give me a few minutes while I fetch my PC.)
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2014, 01:06:07 am »
(Fixed, i'll allow you to make a recommendation instead.)

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2014, 03:55:01 am »
he watched in awe as she pulled the sword out, shivers going up his spine "so um what do you have as far as enchanted weapons and armor?"

"What did you have in mind?" Prowl asked. "Most of what we have is strictly monitored in our more... Hidden armories... As Daern should have been..."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2014, 04:02:29 am »
"I know, i've been around the castle a bit, I just want something to enhance my illusion and deception magic...also I could use some throwing knives, light armor, and a sword"he looked around "What is Daern?"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2014, 04:10:45 am »
"Death." She said flatly, and patted the pommel of the black blade on her hip. "One of my finest creations... But likely the most dangerous as well... Not just because it's sharp either... Now, the lightest armor I have in here is War Wolf Elite..." She gestured to a heavy plate suit, mad of tungsten over leather. The plates were probably 1/4" thick at points... Not light. However, there was a sword I took from a Badlander in a duel... Might be just your type... Though the only enchantment I found on it was to prevent rust or dulling..."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2014, 04:19:05 am »
"hmmm...I could try, but i've never been good with enchanting" he looked over at the armor "that's way too heavy...what about the throwing knives?"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2014, 11:00:00 am »
"I'm a warrior, Jaggerjack..." Prowl said. "Of course I have throwing knives. I have a whole aisle of knives... I think I actually have some of those with a decent enchantment on them... I'll go get them and the sword." She walked away and around the corner of the aisle of weapon racks, and a few minutes later returned with a small bundle of weapons. "These knives have been enchanted to magnify the speed of the user's throw... In other words, you throw them, then they speed up."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2014, 02:11:20 pm »
"ohhh...nice" he grabbed a belt and started to put it on then frowned. it was too big. He shrugged and slung it over his shoulder (and thus the bandoleer was invented...) before tucking the knives into it.

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2014, 03:36:55 pm »
As the crew of Bernard's ship made ready the boarding ramps and mooring ropes, Bernard heard a peculiar sound, and looked up to see a figure jump off the yardarm of the topsail on the mainmast of the galleon, gracefully summersaulting head over tail before landing on his feet before Bernard, lightly. The fox bowed before Bernard once, removing his distinctive admiral's hat, with a blue feather in it, as he straightened up before the bear and held out his paw. "The Knight-Duke Adrian, at your service." He said with a flourish, smiling warmly at the bear. He was dressed more like a warrior than a knight, wearing a white leather breastplate and bracers, with white leather boots, all trimmed in blue, with an under-layer of mithril chain, and a white cloak. The cloak and tabard bore the royal standard of Molten Core, a Phoenix perched atop a snow-topped mountain, within a circle. Adrain had an air of informality and energy about him, though there was an unmistakable aura of command behind it.

Bernard forced himself to hold back a slight sneer as the well dressed vulpine hit the deck softly afore him. The bear looked the Knight Duke up and down, inspecting his garments and armour with a very well maintained, yet forced smile. "Peculiar trick there, I'm surprised you didn't break a leg, magic?" He said and asked with a short laugh at the end of the sentence. Bernard gripped his paws together tightly behind his back, he had immediately discerned the Knight Dukes personality, and the bear's apparently obvious contemptuous nature aside, he had decided that there was something he liked about the fox, that, and he felt he had something to gain from him, although he knew not what it was, and so finally shook his paw in a vigorous motion. "Forgive my impertinence won't you" he said quickly, realising that he had been stood in silence for some time now, "Bernard Holborn-Windsor, what can I do you for your dukedom?" The bear asked, slightly less drawling now.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:39:15 pm by The bear guy »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2014, 11:30:02 pm »
"ohhh...nice" he grabbed a belt and started to put it on then frowned. it was too big. He shrugged and slung it over his shoulder (and thus the bandoleer was invented...) before tucking the knives into it.

"That is one way to wear a belt..." Prowl said, cocking an eyebrow at him. "Now, we need to speak with my husband... Last place I saw him was the throne room, but I would bet he isn't there..." She touched the ruby set into the pendant around her neck to connect with the similar one her husband wore, and simply thought what she wanted to speak to Justin. where are you, and why have you issued this call to arms?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2014, 11:37:05 pm »
"well...it wouldn't fit" he rummaged through the stuff, not really finding much, but having fun looking at the weapons "Y'know, I do have some armor back at my place...but I left it there"

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2014, 11:41:29 pm »
"I will not shatter your trust...after all the Tavare creed...Honor and Courage..." Blades answered as Justin took Leilani to the alcove. Overwhelmed by the armor options, He decided to look through the weapons, he had his ancestral Tavare family bow and ninjato already...maybe he could find a second ninjato to perhaps duel-wield with his current one.

Leilani looked to Justin as he led her to the alcove. "This...this is all quite impressive. Sorry if I hassled you a bit it's just...my papa worries about me a lot ever since my mama went missing."

Blades did indeed find another ninjato, a whole rack full of them, in fact. There were three in particular that caught his attention. One of them seemed to shimmer, its surface appearing darker and its blade sharper than the rest of them. It seemed to echo silently with power, and whisper promises of mighty deeds, of battles of impossible odds won by blades and that sword. The second seemed to have a red tinge all about it's surface, and seemed to quietly burn, whispering of revenge, of rightful might. The third one seemed to be perfect. It's surface gleamed, it had a blue colored grip and its blade seemed to be perfectly honed, as well as the whole weapon seeming to be light.

Justin nodded. "Of course, it is only natural for a father to protect what he holds dear. I know what he would feel if he ever lost you." He said softly, as the came into the alcove. He turned to look at Leilani and asked, "Are you trained in light, medium, or heavy armor?" I am in our vault, outfitting the icegate champions. I issued this call to arms because icegate has fallen to the verans. We must move now.

(Will post again with what I left off.)
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2014, 11:51:07 pm »
"We will see what we can find in our vault, before you have to go back there..." She walked out into the hall and waited for Jaggerjack to follow. Icegate has fallen? That is but a few miles from Lupirnen... If this was the Verans, and they were going for us, they would already be at our gates, with more troops than we could ever hope to muster... They must be going for Lupirnen... Aiming to work their way here... We will be in the vault in a moment. "Icegate has fallen... Since they are not here, I assume the Verans are going for Lupirnen next..."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2014, 12:27:42 am »
"they're attacking my home..." he gritted his teeth as he followed her "yeah....lets go to the vault"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2014, 12:36:23 am »
"Do not forget," Prowl said. "Lupirnen is as much my home as yours, even though I live here now. I will do everything in my power to see it saved... I don't believe the war will be as easy as last time, though..." She looked at a wall and raised her palm toward it. "Flir drage" a fireball shot from her palm, opening a portal much like the one Justin had used. "After you."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2014, 01:10:02 am »
"I think your estimations of my attachment to Lupirnen may be inaccurate" he  stepped through the portal, continuing when theyreached the other side "I have unfinished affairs in lupirnen..."