Author Topic: What we are?  (Read 2069 times)

Offline HTMN

• Were done here
  • Male
What we are?
« on: April 28, 2011, 10:57:39 pm »
Not sure if this is classed as poetry but I came up with it and would like to share

You are taught you’re free and yet you broke the rules,
You are taught to be true to yourself and yet are condemned for being different,
You are told you can be anything you dream of and yet you lack the grades,
You are told you’re an individual and yet you’re in uniform,
You are told many lies and yet you ignore the truth.

Opinions?
If the laws of physics don't apply in the future, then god help you.
http://tinyurl.com/HTMNNotForHire <--Blog (WIP)
http://tinyurl.com/HTMNTheDragon<--YouTube (I'm lazy so WIP)

Offline Avor

• Male
Re: What we are?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 06:17:38 am »

Well, this is in not the reply you were probly looking for. Bur rhis what I have to say about what it regaurdless.

You are taught you’re free and yet you broke the rules,
Opinions?

You are free, free to choose. But ever choice has consequences, good and bad. The choices you are free to make also effect the world and the other people in it. Most rules are in place so you choices don't harm others.

You are taught to be true to yourself and yet are condemned for being different,

Two things

-The opinionw of the weak and hateful mean nothing.
-The respect of others means nothing if you cannot respect yourself.

You are told you can be anything you dream of and yet you lack the grades,

Grade areh needed, by haveing them you prove that you are able to learn and show dedication to challanges before you. If you can't do that, nobody is going to allow you do anything, unless you dream is manual labour or a minimum wage job. Immafine a doctor who never learned medicine, and has no dedication to fiilly treat the patient.

You are told you’re an individual and yet you’re in uniform,

That your choice. If you want to, you can take it off, cast it aside and never touch it again. But remember what I said in my resoinse to your line of being free.

You are told many lies and yet you ignore the truth.

I'm not sure what triuth you're talking about. The truth hidden by the lies like ibes nadeone sided news broadcasts and gpvernment statements? Or the lies about life, meaning, and existance?

Either way, it's a mute question. Once you realise you have ingored the truth, or have been lied to, you have duty to yourself to seek the trith. The choices you make are based on what you know and believe. To be wrong im the areas of emotion, morality, and life issues  is sad and pathetic way to live.

Offline Rush

• Alpha of the Broken Pack
  • Male
Re: What we are?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 08:38:15 pm »
I really like the idea you've got going here, and the opinion I'm gonna give you is this:

It is poetry, and like i said, I like it. I think it would be really cool if you could make it longer, like expand on it. Not criticising you on it, I'm just thinking out loud.  :goldgrin:
"When they give you lined paper, write the other way." -William Carlos Williams

Blessed be.