Author Topic: Avor's  (Read 8747 times)

Offline Avor

• Male
Avor's
« on: July 02, 2011, 04:59:58 am »
Not really poetry, but this is as close as I can get. and these are the most sane ones of everything I did. Please say anything you want about it, good or bad, any aspect of anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To much I see, artians, craftmen, mocking soldiers, for being unable to find beauty in world.

Writers and scholars insulting soldiers for not taking the time to read the lititure of our time.

Protesters and politicians harasing soldiers for answering the nobal call with out hessitation.

Perhaps what they say is true, that soldiers cannot properly love art, understand the great works of lititure, and they may even lose a great deal deal of personal freedom and identity. But that's what makes a soldeir a soldier. He knows that he sacrifices such things in order that they are ultimently preserved and allowed.

It is an odd thing, that the only man for a soldier worth killing is another soldier, the only man who understand him.

Pain is an illusion brought on by weakness.

I am a soldier of Canada, therefore I feel no pain.

The most beutiful thing that a man can do is done in death

Avalon, many wish to enter it and do great deeds to do so. But the only ones allowed are those who would those great deeds regaurdless.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:06:30 am by Avor »

Offline socal Rocky

• Male
Re: Avor's
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 11:50:40 am »
I like how the speaker says that he is a soldier; it gives the poem more weight. Before that I wasn't sure why the lines about soldiers was important, but when that line about the speaker being a soldier came up it all started coming together

*high paw*

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 05:34:43 am »
In my mind Remeberence Day is everyday. I intented to share this for later, but I felt strongly compelled to do it now.

Should ignorance be bliss and bliss be happines I shall choose eternal woe,

I would rather be sad than stupid, especialy things that importan.

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 06:06:13 am »
Strait from the Book of Avor, a collection, de;isioonal, demented and melodramatic writtings. The one is over ten years old. It feels so true,  but the words so off and this is the closest I can still get.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of pain, death, torture, sorrow and being forgotten I fear none. My fears are the fears that the sins that will come of my time will forever mark the world. Will our world boast landmarks like the Australian Isles, the Brazilian Desert, the Rocky Mountain Scars or worse yet, should the sunset sky be green and orange from fallout or the sea brown and red from the factories of war?

In our fight of fate will we ensure that the sunrise our grandparents saw will be the one forever seen? For if nature be our inspiration what will result of such a world?

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 06:40:38 am »

This twisted metal frame and stained glass keep me from the sky, but without ir i could never see the stars.

I found this recently, I wrote it when when I was very young whne I learned with absolute certainty I would never be allowed to fly for the millitary. But somebody went digging around mu old notepad, foind it, scaned it,  printed it off and put in in with my heirloom chest.

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 05:53:32 am »

Tyger, if the immortal hand that made thee make I as well, for what end?

Those like you, which are born of fang and fur, have a place in this world. To keep the circle of life and man's ego in check. Your presence inspires fear, men learn the value their lives and know how weak they truly are. But why the fear you inspire not inspire me? Maybe because it's if you choose to lunge your self at me with fang and claw I would lunge back. I may know why I don't fear but I don't know why.

Its not probable that you have the answer, even less so if you could tell me, but if I'm forced to dwell on this I would have no other company.

Old stuff
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:05:21 am by Avor »

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 06:23:10 am »
Just my own quotes that I've been reminded of too offten.

In a Democracy, to fear the government is fear yourself.

Democracy  is not a right, it's a responsibility.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 04:19:36 am by Avor »

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 07:32:54 am »
A sense of a honour I learned very early in life about the sacridices of good soldiers.

Do not demand what we offer freely.

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 02:17:35 pm »
A haiku I wrote years ago, meant for my ranger. But D&D doesn't come as often I want so I'm posting it here.

Maple tree in wind
teaching me to bend and be
your bogues lift my heart.

Also, I welcome all comments and critique on anything i posted.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:29:17 pm by Avor »

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 10:42:15 pm »
Repeating this because yesterday was Remembrance Day.

...after rhe failed attack on the enemy  trench the soldiers retreated to their own. But defying orders, one soldier went back into no man's land to  retrieve a wounded friend that didn't make it back.

He returned with the then dead body, but he had been fataled wounded by the enemy in doing so. His superior scolded him "What the hell were you thinking?! Why didn't you listen!? You got yourself killed for a dead body!". to which he replied "He wasn't dead when I got to him."

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 02:22:36 pm »
The opening to a larger pieace of work.

In this world the most honourable thing that can be done is done in death. That when we stand alone, look
 back and prepare for judgemet, we find satifaction. To know that the world has been bettered by your efforts and in the end you did not weep nor beg for what you sacrificed. From this to the warrior's path is found.