Author Topic: The life poem  (Read 1984 times)

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
The life poem
« on: June 08, 2012, 12:18:42 am »
OOC: This is basically a poem I made thinking about my life. Im in the reflective mood. Feel free to critique if you wish.

Insanity isnt a setback
Its an expansion of our imaginations
All these secrets held under lock and key
I feel as if it is crushing me, like gravity
All the lies
The betrayals
The deceptions
The emotional abuse
The deaths
Only to prove your point
But its all worth it in the end
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
Re: The life poem
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 02:57:01 am »
this is very nicely done. I myself tend to steer away from the poetry end of writing. This here sounds like it is great, but to be honest I dont get poetry. according to others, I can write it really well. But for me, poetry makes no sense. Like at the end of this one. But its all worth it in the end That is a great ending to a poem. But when i read a poem, even this one, I can't make sense of it. They always feel wrong to me, like its not even writing, just a mess of ideas on a page. I know this is well written and kudos to anyone who can find a way to improve it, because I think its perfect, but its just me. Even my own poetry makes no sense to me. Dont get me wrong please, this is great stuff, I just never understand poetry. even great poets like Edger Allen Poe. none of his stuff makes any sense to me either. :P

its just me, but great job on this one.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
Re: The life poem
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:54:42 pm »
Nice job wise, so true is this poem...
Come find me! More to come!