general furry discussion > furries on furry

Walmart selling furstuit heads????

<< < (2/8) > >>

Kobuk:
IMO, looks cheap and probably won't last a year, much less two.  :P  It's fine for Halloween, but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one to a furcon.
Save your pennies, folks. If you want a real good quality fursuit head, get one from a REAL fursuit maker in the furry fandom. Not one of these cheap pieces of crap from a retail seller.  >:(

Loc:
Not everyone wants an expensive suit, much less can afford one. The Walmart ones could be a good, fun starting place, especially for younger people who would just outgrow an expensive suit. Or those who want a more toony suit on a budget, or something that they don't have to be paranoid about getting dirty or damaged.

It's all a matter of taste. Not everyone likes the way the higher end fursuits look, just as not everyone likes the way the cheap ones look. Spend your money on what you want.

Iara Warriorfeather:
Not my cup of tea personally--I would rather save up for a suit from a pro maker--but to each their own. I agree with Loc, if someone wants to start out with little money they could get a fursona head of some kind.

Shim:

--- Quote from: Kobuk on August 25, 2017, 02:08:04 pm ---IMO, looks cheap and probably won't last a year, much less two.  :P  It's fine for Halloween, but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one to a furcon.
Save your pennies, folks. If you want a real good quality fursuit head, get one from a REAL fursuit maker in the furry fandom. Not one of these cheap pieces of crap from a retail seller.  >:(

--- End quote ---

That's a bit elitist isn't it? I think the fact that fursuits, which have had such a huge stigma for 15 years now (since CSI, let's say) now are being sold at walmart. That's progress. Odd, but good.

cause the rat:
Might be fun to doctor one up. Go from cheap and kinda creepy to nightmare fuel in ten stitches or less.  :D These cheesy round hollow things are nothing like the real thing. They are actually selling. Know of a few stores that are out of one or two of the choices.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version