Author Topic: My Little Pony FiM Movie & Video Phread  (Read 28832 times)

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
Re: My Little Pony
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2011, 04:43:57 pm »
I suppose I do recall noticing Dr. Whoof/Whooves. Just didn't know him by that nickname. I do remember noticing the hourglass mark and wondering what talent/specialty that is indicating.

Also, I was doing some thinking about pony names, and I have a few issues with how they did it. Take Vinyl Scratch or Photo Finish for example. Their names define their talent. Names which they would have been given PRIOR to getting their cutie marks, which are SUPPOSED to be the indicator of said talent.

Then for others, like Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle, I suppose it kind of hints at it, but it's not a dead giveaway. This makes a bit more sense to me.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2011, 05:57:27 pm »
I suppose I do recall noticing Dr. Whoof/Whooves. Just didn't know him by that nickname. I do remember noticing the hourglass mark and wondering what talent/specialty that is indicating.

Also, I was doing some thinking about pony names, and I have a few issues with how they did it. Take Vinyl Scratch or Photo Finish for example. Their names define their talent. Names which they would have been given PRIOR to getting their cutie marks, which are SUPPOSED to be the indicator of said talent.

Then for others, like Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle, I suppose it kind of hints at it, but it's not a dead giveaway. This makes a bit more sense to me.

Well, you have to remember, this is a kid's show. At least there aren't any parents named "Mom" or "Dad." That always annoyed me in shows like that. Who would name their child "Dad." The Berinstein Bears were terrible about this.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2011, 01:24:37 am »
Gotta watch more of the show, but I loooooooove Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash so far! Imma get a pony commission someday... :D
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2011, 02:00:00 pm »
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:02:53 pm by Alexandre »

Offline Sky Striker

• Male
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2011, 09:01:00 pm »
Who would have thought after all the battles, the threats and all the politicing; my Ungulate Revolution would take the Fandom by storm this way? I guess my tactics using strategy and warfare was all wrong. I just needed to bring in the cute.

Now they're gonna love and tolerate the crap outta us.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2011, 09:09:34 pm »
Who would have thought after all the battles, the threats and all the politicing; my Ungulate Revolution would take the Fandom by storm this way? I guess my tactics using strategy and warfare was all wrong. I just needed to bring in the cute.
Was thinking the same thing myself! :D But it kinda makes sense. They took advantage of our love for all things cute and silly.  :o
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2011, 10:26:20 pm »

This reminds me of:

You gotta shaaaaare, you gotta caaaaare~

Gotta watch more of the show, but I loooooooove Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash so far! Imma get a pony commission someday... :D

I do like Fluttershy. She would be one of my favorites, however she reminds me far too much of myself.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2011, 01:39:43 pm »
Chronological Episode Guide for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Are you new or curious about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? Have you tried watching a couple episodes but realized quickly that the episodes are a bit out of order starting from episode 1 and going on numerically to 26? Well, you're right, they are very out of order, timeline wise.

Fortunately you have your Brony pal Liedt here to help you out. After scouring the net for a proper timeline by episode I found a great source located at: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/186/7/a/pony_chronology_by_russelh-d3l2gvp.png

Using this I was able to come up with a Beginners guide to MLP episodes. Follow this episode numbering guide to chronologically follow along with all the gang in Ponyville.

1: Mare in the Moon
2: The Elements of Harmony
8: Look Before You Sleep
5: Griffon the Brush-Off
21: Over a Barrel
3: The Ticket Master (Start of the Gala arc)
9: Bridle Gossip (Start of Zecora arc)
6: Boast Busters
4: Applebuck Season
7: Dragonshy
14: Suited for Success
12: Call of the Cutie (Start of Cutie Mark Crusaders arc)
15: Feeling Pinkie Keen
10: Swarm of the Century
17: Stare Master (End of Zecora arc)
18: Show Stoppers
19: A Dog and Pony Show
20: Green Isn't Your Color
16: Sonic Rainboom
22: A Bird in the Hoof
23: The Cutie Mark Chronicles
24: Owl's Well That Ends Well (End of Cutie Mark Crusaders arc)
25: Party of One
26: The Best Night Ever [(End of the Gala arc) Official end of Season 1]
13: Fall Weather Friends
11: Winter Wrap Up

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2011, 02:36:50 pm »
Hmmm, the season seemed to go in order to me. Most episodes are one offs that stand on their own, so why worry about a time line?

Offline Sky Striker

• Male
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2011, 07:23:46 pm »
Goodness that timeline is complex, although the explanations are nice in the image you linked, Liedt. Reading all that, it makes sense that the episodes are out of order like that, yet I never noticed it while watching. Good catch.

Offline Sky Striker

• Male
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2011, 09:31:53 pm »
Ah, I really do hate to double post, but I have uncovered something quite spectacular.

At The Gala: Super Ponybeat Remix

Luna (Nightmare Mode): Super Ponybeat Remix (With Vocals)

My Little Pony Theme (Europener Mix): Super Ponybeat Remix

All these great remixes from the MLP:FiM soundtrack! Gotta love it! Just bought all the songs (lot more than just this) for $5. You get to name your price! Just follow the link in the description and support this beautiful, beautiful artist!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:35:58 pm by Sky Striker »

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2011, 10:03:02 pm »
Chronological Episode Guide for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Somebody went to a lot of trouble to put that together... And I'm sorry, but I have to say I'm not convinced. There's too many assumptions being made. Also, I notice that for the most part, the general trend in that list does pretty much go in episode order. There's just some scrambling around here and there (but mostly in the same general area). And a good bit of reasoning just isn't solid. The only legitimate major switch I see is 10 and 14, since the dresses made in 14 appear in 10.

The one that really bugs me is the completely arbitrary placement of 16. There is nothing leading to it whatsoever. As far as I can tell, it was put where it is because it fit better (physically) in the diagram. There's no reason 16 can't be kept just before 17.

If you make that move, suddenly you have 15, 10, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20. And since 15 is not connected to 10 in any way, you could go ahead and bump it after 10. So you you have 15-20 all in episode order.

Now we get to the season arguments. I suppose it makes some sense. However, they are more or less there to denote the passage of some time. So the producers decided not to continue the season theme through the following episodes. I do agree (and did notice while watching) that it was odd that they transitioned from winter to spring so close to the transition from fall to winter.

The last thing is the placement of 8 and 5 right after 1&2. Seems to imply that friends will only ever have conflicts in the early stages of friendship. I'll just say from personal experience that I know full well that the opposite can be true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So in short: I agree that there are a few hiccups in the chronology of the show. However, I don't think there should be near as many moves made to the timeline as that chart would indicate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah, I really do hate to double post, but I have uncovered something quite spectacular.

At The Gala: Super Ponybeat Remix

Luna (Nightmare Mode): Super Ponybeat Remix (With Vocals)

My Little Pony Theme (Europener Mix): Super Ponybeat Remix

All these great remixes from the MLP:FiM soundtrack! Gotta love it! Just bought all the songs (lot more than just this) for $5. You get to name your price! Just follow the link in the description and support this beautiful, beautiful artist!

I downloaded that whole album yesterday. It's available for free download from the artist. I'm tied between Winter Wrap Up and You Gotta Share as my favorites for the album.

Found the site: http://odysseymusic.bandcamp.com/album/super-ponybeat-vol-1
It's a 'name your price' download, and $0 is an option (It even say's that it's a FREE album on the page, so they aren't actually expecting anything for it).
Or you can get links to download one track at a time here: http://eurobeatbrony.deviantart.com/journal/40763747/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:51:30 pm by Ziel »

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
    • http://choky.furtopia.org/
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2011, 08:43:45 am »
 I havent started watching this series yet(looks awesome by the way) so I cant comment on it with yall yet. But I think we can all appreciate how cool this looks: MLP:Fighting is magic (:
Dude,where my Furryness?
424 passed games on N64,PSX,DC,XB,PS2,GC & X360.(Last updated on 29/09/13)

Offline Sky Striker

• Male
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2011, 09:45:25 am »
I havent started watching this series yet(looks awesome by the way) so I cant comment on it with yall yet. But I think we can all appreciate how cool this looks: MLP:Fighting is magic (:

I can't wait until that is done. I'm totally using Applejack as my main fighter.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2011, 11:41:30 am »
No kidding. I think pretty much everyone is waiting to see what they do with Crazy Flutter Shy. You know that filly has something inside her that you don't wanna mess with. :o

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2011, 02:09:17 pm »
Flutter shy is the Stare Master. She can use the Ultimate Power of "The Stare" to get anyone to do anything.

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2011, 02:34:09 pm »
How long do we think it will take for Furtopia newbies to start showing up with pony fursonas?

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2011, 02:40:19 pm »
 Who says it had to be newbies? I kinda have a ponysona already named Laser Strobe. :D

Offline PupLilith17

• "Merry Christmas!"
  • Female
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2011, 02:40:49 pm »
How long do we think it will take for Furtopia newbies to start showing up with pony fursonas?
ive already had one :-[
---------------------------------------http://brialilith.deviantart.com/

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2011, 03:02:32 pm »
My Brony Liedt is under commission as we speak. I found a few Pony Generators out there, but none were able to create my own concept of my pony. So I commissioned an artist this weekend. She understood the concept I was looking for and should have it ready for me by IFC for debuting.

But, as for new-newbies, I can't wait personally. I will welcome all Bronies with open hooves. We might even grow to perhaps 6% of the fandom population.

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2011, 03:41:11 pm »
My Brony Liedt is under commission as we speak. I found a few Pony Generators out there, but none were able to create my own concept of my pony. So I commissioned an artist this weekend. She understood the concept I was looking for and should have it ready for me by IFC for debuting.

But, as for new-newbies, I can't wait personally. I will welcome all Bronies with open hooves. We might even grow to perhaps 6% of the fandom population.

This is scary and awesome at the same time :D

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2011, 03:49:53 pm »
This is scary and awesome at the same time :D

Don't be afraid, Alexandre. Embrace it. Embrace the brony within you. :orhorse:

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2011, 03:58:31 pm »
Dude, Arbutus, as soon as I get the money, Digby is gonna be drawn as a brony! :D

Offline Sky Striker

• Male
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2011, 04:19:13 pm »
Yeah, I can see this place getting a few bronies in the future. I mean, more than we have now that is.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2011, 05:14:11 pm »
I'm not even that big a fan of fighting games, and I'd play that one!

Also, from reading around, I've seen a lot of stuff about the MLP fandom trying to separate itself from the furry fandom. So I'm not sure we'd actually see a whole lot of people migrating from there to here. At least right away. Though from what I've seen, there's nothing keeping the furries away from MLP :P

I'm working on a pony concept right now. It's going to be tennis-related. And I'm liking the name 'Double Fault'. It has great irony.