Author Topic: MLP: FiM Brony & Pony Discussion Phread  (Read 57135 times)

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
Re: MLP: FiM Brony & Pony Discussion
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 01:13:21 pm »
So do grown adults buy the toys? Figures of favorite characters from the show or whatever? The more I hear about this phenomenon the more curious I get.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 01:44:41 pm »
Don't worry Liedt, I actually rather like Princess Celestia and wish they would show more of her than the few seconds at a time she gets on screen. I don't know about how others mean then name, but I use Trollestia as a joke for all the mischievous things she does with her subjects. She acts more like a12 year old girl than a 1000 year old ruler a lot of the time. :P
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 03:32:30 pm »
The name Trollestra came from the online term Troll. Which is someone that causes grief to others purposely in an online community. Some of the Bronies think this fits Celestia so they warped her name.

As for the Toys, I've considered buying some, a number of times. Even had a couple of the packs in my hand, but just haven't found the perfect thing I am looking for (Derpy Hooves) yet.

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 03:34:12 pm »
Try looking for "Dipsy Doo." Might help to, you know, use the actual name.

I have a Pinkie Pie toy. My boyfriend has a Fluttershy toy.
My Furaffinity! May contain mature images.
FFLw3ad A C D+ H++ M- P+++ R++ T++ W Z- Sf+ RLGP* a cn++ d+ e++ f+ h i++ p* sm+

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 03:36:13 pm »
I think Its Ditsy Doo actually. :orhorse: However, none of the Background ponies have official toys yet.

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 03:42:28 pm »
I think Its Ditsy Doo actually. :orhorse: However, none of the Background ponies have official toys yet.

Damn, I fail. You are correct. I too would rock a Ditsy toy....but I would much prefer a Doctor Whooves toy, if we're talking about background characters. Because The Doctor is awesome.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 05:09:33 pm »
Anime Amy Makes both a Derpy and Dr Whoof but they are like $30 each or so.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 05:42:08 pm »
To answer my own question finally, I had seen a lot of random pony stuff around online. It was't until a relatively long pony thread (mostly just pony pics, mind you) showed up on the League of Legends forum. The game developers were even involved in the thread... That's really what made me sit there thinking 'What is this about, anyhow?'

Then a few weeks ago, I was in this one chat (not furry or pony related) and somebody linked the pilot episode. I watched the first one, and thought 'well, I need to see the second one now, cause this story has me intrigued'. Well, when they up and resolved the whole story line from ep1 in ep2, I was kinda dumbfounded. Thinking "That was it? What else will they do?"

Finally, I was talking on the phone with a friend who had seen it all already. He asked something about it, and told me to give it another shot and watch ep3 before I give up on it. I did that, and never looked back.

~~~

On the question about the toys: Yes, some people have definitely started buying/collecting them simply due to FIM. But like with all things, it varies. I myself don't think I'll ever buy any of that stuff. Some people might just pick up a small toy of their favorite pony. Then some people will try to collect every last official FIM related merchandise in existence.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 09:02:58 pm »
Finally, I was talking on the phone with a friend who had seen it all already. He asked something about it, and told me to give it another shot and watch ep3 before I give up on it. I did that, and never looked back.

That's the advice I give out. Generally you can consider the first 2 epis as how they met but not 100% essential to the rest of the series.

I've seen people on other sites say they'll ship the toys out to Europe since we don't have any of the FiM toys here. Quite a few take up the offer if only to get their favourite pony in a desktop toy form.
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 08:41:09 pm »
I have a question.

What pony is everyone most like? What pony best reflects yourself? Is she your favorite? Why/why not?
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2011, 10:18:04 am »
I have a question.

What pony is everyone most like? What pony best reflects yourself? Is she your favorite? Why/why not?

I think I'm most like Pinkie Pie. I've got a really random personality, I smile a lot (granted it's not before 10:30) and I like to make others smile. I'm pretty gleeful overall, and I really do like singing to myself. Of course, there are some differences as well. I'm not very social at all, which is what Pinkie is rather skilled at. While that really is a major gap, I'm still the most like her.

However, she is not my favorite pony (though easily places herself in second). That space will always be reserved for Applejack.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2011, 12:25:47 pm »
I have a question.

I think I'm most like Pinkie Pie. I've got a really random personality, I smile a lot (granted it's not before 10:30) and I like to make others smile. I'm pretty gleeful overall, and I really do like singing to myself. Of course, there are some differences as well. I'm not very social at all, which is what Pinkie is rather skilled at. While that really is a major gap, I'm still the most like her.

However, she is not my favorite pony (though easily places herself in second). That space will always be reserved for Applejack.

Pretty much that, other than Applejack being my favorite. She and Pinkie and tied for me ;).

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2011, 01:24:28 pm »

Pretty much that, other than Applejack being my favorite. She and Pinkie and tied for me ;).

Woo, Applejack love! :D

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2011, 02:05:47 pm »
Even though I am definitely part of the Fluttershy fan club, I think I'm a lot more like Twilight. A serious bookworm... contemplative, sometimes to a fault... blunt and sarcastic to a fault at times... yup, sounds like me.

Oh, by the way! I don't know if anyone's posted this before, but please enjoy this recording of Bill Clinton acing a pop quiz on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (starts around 6:12). Is there a Brony Hall of Fame?

http://www.npr.org/2011/06/25/137386121/bill-clinton-plays-not-my-job

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2011, 02:33:35 pm »
YES! I SAW THAT! IT WAS AMAZING :D!

I mean, those questions were stupidly obvious, but it was amazing anyway :P!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:37:31 pm by Shim »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2011, 02:49:48 pm »
Pics I found.  :D

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2011, 03:42:50 pm »
Any self respecting Brony should like this page. http://www.facebook.com/mylittlepony?sk=app_200968439955315

Yay behind the scenes footage! :D

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2011, 03:56:43 pm »
Any self respecting Brony should like this page. http://www.facebook.com/mylittlepony?sk=app_200968439955315

NAREIIIIII CURSE YOU AGAIN I just opened that page in the middle of a coffeeshop! :D Now everyone in a ten-table vicinity knows I watch My Little Pony, rofl.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 04:08:06 pm by Arbutus »

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2011, 03:58:39 pm »

NAREIIIIII CURSE YOU AGAIN I just opened that page in the middle of a coffeeshop! :D Now everyone in a ten-table vicinity knows I watch My Little Pony, rofl.
:goldgrin:
:goldglee:
:goldlaugh:
All I have to say is YAY PONIES
:goldthpt:

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2011, 04:01:58 pm »
Poor Arbutus. Here, I'll buy you a Pinkie Pie cookie.

Wasn't there an episode about not hiding who you are or being embarrassed?
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2011, 04:14:34 pm »
Will this MLP madness never cease? What is with you guys?  :o Next thing you know, you guys are gonna start wanting MLP fursuits.  :P

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2011, 04:19:37 pm »
It's possible Kobuk. Come on. Join us. Sit down on the haybale and watch a few episode. It only hurts a little at first then it's all milk and honey and oats.

Ponyville waits for you Kobuk. Come on in. ;)
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2011, 04:25:17 pm »
Join us, Kobuk. Join us. Join us in our bronydom. Experience the love and tolerance. All it takes is a few episodes, and you will understand all. Join us.

(By the way, Ziel posted this a while ago: http://d.facdn.net/art/deerock-gorilla/1310174857.deerock-gorilla_deerock_with_applejack___rainbow_dash.jpg) :D