Author Topic: Life lessons and friendship.  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Life lessons and friendship.
« on: September 24, 2011, 06:16:59 pm »
How do you think (If anything) the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and/or any other past MLP series/episodes, have affected how you interact in RL, such as instilling values, lessons, teaching about friendship, etc. What have you learned from watching MLP and that has had any affect on you in RL?

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
Re: Life lessons and friendship.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 07:29:45 pm »
Its helped me to smile a lot more throughout my day.

I like the lessons the show teaches, I think it does a good job of conveying them without shoving them in your face or trying to explain them to you as if you're two.

The ideals of "Love and tolerance" put forth in the brony community is something I like about the fandom a lot. I think those who really try to hold to those teachings will spread it around and maybe make a little corner of the net a more peacful place.

I've already seen some comments on like youtube and the like where a troll will get somepony riled up and he'll yell back but then other bronies will chime in and remind him "Thats not being very good to love and tolerance, let them be." and sure enough there will be apologies going around, except from the troll. :D

Plus ponychan has put forth something to help improve and unite the community with the Elements of Harmony Holidays.
Six months out of the year starting on February where everypony is encouraged to dress in colors of, and act accordingly to the pony/element of the month.
They are:
Honesty AppleJack: February
Kindness Fluttershy: April
Laughter Pinkie Pie: June
Generosity Rarity: August
Loyalty Rainbow Dash: October
Magic Twilight Sparkle: December

How do you celebrate "Magic" you may ask? Simple: Friendship is Magic of course!

I joined in July so when August came I celebrated Rarity's month by treting my dad to a movie he wanted to see and worked extra hard at my job though it took a heavy toll on me.

October will be Rainbow Dash's month, Loyalty. December will be Twilight's and then we'll start again on February with Honest Applejack. :)

I'll be ceelebrating; will you?
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home