Author Topic: Bandanas'  (Read 4645 times)

Offline twitchmeerkat

Bandanas'
« on: March 18, 2016, 06:05:25 am »
I see a lot of fursuiters wear bandanas', do they have a specific meaning?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Bandanas'
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 01:32:26 pm »
Are you talking about a bandana worn on the fursuit head itself, or do you mean a person wearing a bandana on their real head underneath their fursuit head? Or is there some other place the bandana is worn? You need to clarify your question.

Offline twitchmeerkat

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 05:38:37 pm »
My apologies, it was typed quickly in  5 minutes down time. Usually I see bandanas' or shemagh scarves around the neck of a fursuit. I recently purchased a desert camouflage bandana for mine, as my fursona is a desert animal and as a tribute to fallen friends.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 05:45:45 pm »
I imagine on a lot of suits, it can help cover up the seam between the head and the body. Or it is an easy and cheap way of adding accessories to the suit without having to get something specially made.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 10:58:53 pm »
I imagine on a lot of suits, it can help cover up the seam between the head and the body.

Most likely. ;)

Offline twitchmeerkat

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 05:56:45 am »
Thanks, didn't wanna face embarrassing situation where it has some secret meaning.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 06:50:16 pm »
I see many fursuits with bandanas. They help to customize/personalize the suit and add some color and contrast without permanent change to the suit itself. Many dog owners also put bandanas on their pets.

Some are store-bought or made for fursuits by various makers as a cottage industry/craft thing. Me--I just went into the nearest famous-name fabric store with my 40%-OFF Coupon and bought a big square of solid-color cotton/polyester linen-type fabric to fold diagonally to make what is seen in the avatar here. Your results may vary somewhat.

I should apply some sort of stabilizer compound so it does not unravel.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline sight arctic

• Species: arctic wolf (human)
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 12:02:55 pm »
i actually have a bandana on my fursuit head as a mask for the fact that it looks stupid without it x_x
i'd rather die on paws than live on feet

Offline Talv

• Species: Smol Monster
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 12:13:16 pm »
A lot of people just like the look.  Even if your suit doesn't have seem problems a fursuit with a bandana can look adorable.

I find that I overheat much mofe quickly when I wear mine, though.  I think it blocks important airflow to the neck / head on my suit.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 09:28:27 pm »
The bandana is also a convenient attachment point for character and con badges. If your suit zips from the front, it can conceal the fact that you left the neck open a few inches for ventilation.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)