Author Topic: I need some major help. plz  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Leon the Coyote

• Male
I need some major help. plz
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:52:13 pm »
I've been practicing drawing for a while, but everytime i try and get a great idea to move to the paper it seems to have absolutely no depth at all...it's always a bit of a downer to me after i put in so much practice and i end up taking such a break i just put myself back to square one (it's a terrible cycle). So that said could anyone give any tips or good books that might help me realize what's missing from my technique or even some good starter books (The Very basic books would be best i tihink) so i can draw what's on my mind and not have it fall flat on the paper...I know i'm still relativly new to drawing but i cant seem to find what's missing no matter how hard i try.

P.S. I know this topic has prolly been done to death, but the answers i find are fragmented a bit and I think this might help me with my problems. Thank you guys  *hugs*
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:41:07 pm by Chirgath »
Some people wear a Fursuit on special occasions...I wear normal clothes on Special occasions

Offline wolfnevets

• Male
Re: I need some major help. plz
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 05:56:43 pm »
Aloha! I guess I would need to see an example or two to determine what your strength's and weakness's might be. I would suggest that you might try your paw at recreating (copying) a reference photo that has background, shadows and perspective. :D

Offline Leon the Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 09:58:19 pm »
Ok thanks, I'll give that a shot and post when i get a few done although i dont have my previous stuff available I sometimes rage destroy stuff that doesnt come out nicely
Some people wear a Fursuit on special occasions...I wear normal clothes on Special occasions

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:22:18 pm »
For general practice that will help with learning to convey depth, one thing that can be useful is to draw basic geometric shapes with their shading and shadows.  Then from there move on to geometric shapes using perspective drawing.

My purpose for starting with basic geometric shapes is that it's easier to figure out how the shadows and shading will work. And the same principles you learn from this can be applied to more complex shapes, such as organics.

Offline NeoFur

• Species: Wolf
  • Such is Life.
  • Male
    • Furaffinity Page
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 10:37:55 pm »
Google "perspective drawing"

Check YouTube and DeviantART to.
Nowadays there's plenty of free lessons and such online.

The rest is just practicing till your fingers hurt. LOL

Offline Leon the Coyote

• Male
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 07:40:34 pm »
lol thx guys for the help. I've been practicing my butt off but these tips should provide what's missing. and Once i get my scanner up and running, i'll post some drawings for more help if its needed

Thx again guys