Author Topic: To make a female look female...  (Read 8736 times)

Offline HeavenlyOdyssey

• Newbie fursuiter :)
  • Female
Re: To make a female look female...
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2011, 05:24:51 pm »
Although posting late as well...I only joined last week I'll do my best to offer help :).
Most members have pointed out the muzzle as the main target as generically big muzzles represent masculin characters where slim jaws once again are generically seen as female.
Personally I wouldn't opt for large doe like eyes, mainly because I think it wouldn't fit in with her character, to me large eyes represent innocence of youth or a very cute ditzy character.
The latter drawing is great, you've taken advice and she definately comes off as more womanly.
Eyelashes I wouldn't opt for either unless you want to do a very stylised cartoon female, again eyelashes to me are linked to youth or someone very sweet/cute.
One thing I would suggest is look at existing women that share your characters qualities, for example if you want a strong, dangerous type then look at Angelina Jolie. Despite being human, you'll notice that those considered strong and dangerous all share similar features such as determined and willful expressions with prominant cheek bones and a strong jawline. Do a couple of test pictures, start with a male wolf/canid and then try a female. With the picture of Angelina in mind, try incorporating those features onto the female picture. The great thing about animals is being able to use their ears and tails to also display a sense of character. I also like to add subtle little feminin touches such as subtle jewellery or a hair style to help give a sense of being female with out going overboard and losing the identity of your character :).
It is not wolves that are devils but man, for it is he who has condemned the wolf and created demons where there were none.
Now because of mans prejudice, the sons of Loki shall never know peace, and their howls will forever echo their sadness.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: To make a female look female...
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2011, 07:14:19 pm »
Closed due to gravedigging. Please send further replies via PM. Thanks.