Author Topic: Need some art help  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Keep your eyes on the horizon
  • Male
Need some art help
« on: March 04, 2012, 03:12:34 pm »
I have posted some art in the sharing forum but i think they need work. Does anybody know any good books, sites, or some kind of reference to improve my art? Any help is greatly appreciated.
"Journey for you may never know where the road takes you."-Wanderer

"Tis not the destination that matters, but tis the journey that makes us"- Wanderer

"Destined to travel the roads of time, the Wanderer walks the path with prejudice, ready for the masters of death that lie before him."- Jet

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
Re: Need some art help
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 03:31:37 pm »
I don't know of any sites online, sorry. But i do have some advice. Do you have an art teacher or something in your area that you can talk to. At my school i have three teachers i could talk to about art because they're not only knowledgeable but also admire art. One of them creeps me out so i wouldn't go to him, but the others are good. Sometimes just letting someone else who also admires art look at your creations can be helpful. they may be able to help you out. hope it help. :D
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 03:46:49 pm »
Try going to a library and see if they have any of these books. Posts 2 and 6 in this thread.
http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?topic=31442.0

Offline Wanderer

• Keep your eyes on the horizon
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 06:54:12 pm »
Thanks for the help i just ordered 5 books off of amazon to help i will post pics when they arrive :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:47:53 pm by Wanderer »
"Journey for you may never know where the road takes you."-Wanderer

"Tis not the destination that matters, but tis the journey that makes us"- Wanderer

"Destined to travel the roads of time, the Wanderer walks the path with prejudice, ready for the masters of death that lie before him."- Jet

Offline Sheeta

• Species: Kittygirl!
  • By the power of Grayskull
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 11:20:25 pm »
Yay!  Another artist joins the ranks!  

If you're looking for anthro how-to's, this one was pretty popular in its day.  It no longer has updates as far as I know, but has been preserved so it can still be viewed.  It make take a few moments for it to load in, so give it a little time.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070615134922/http://www.drawfurry.com/

As far as drawing in general, you're off to a great start by looking for books and tutorials.  I recommend books by Burne Hogarth (illustrator, cartoonist and all-around awesome dude) who was the artist for the original Tarzan newspaper strips.  His books Dynamic Anatomy and Dynamic Figure Drawing were must-haves when I was in art school.  He not only broke down the body into simple understandable shapes, but showed how it moved in action, paying special attention to muscles and body structure.  

http://www.posemaniacs.com/  is also a good anatomy site, though make sure that your computer and/or internet is fast enough to run it.  It loads quite a bit info in, as well as allowing you to view the body from different angles.  WARNING: It does show artistic skinned bodies (nude anatomy showing underlying muscles without skin).  Nothing too bad, but I always like to give a heads-up just in case.

Also, the people here are pretty nice about giving critiques and advice although they may be a bit shy.  If you ask, don't feel bad if you don't get a reply back right away.  It sometimes takes a little while for people to get to their computers, and if they're anything like me, it takes a bit longer to think up a serious comment.

Good luck with your artistic journey!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:21:58 pm by Sheeta »
It's Steely Dan, not Steely Dan't

"People are into it for all sorts of reasons, but I think most people here just think animal people are neat to draw." --"Sue"

Stop by!  www.furaffinity.net/user/nubiankitten7
             www.nubiankitten.deviantart.com/