Author Topic: Heads up! A Massive Free 3D Software Promotion over at DAZ3D!  (Read 5011 times)

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
Heads up! A Massive Free 3D Software Promotion over at DAZ3D!
« on: February 16, 2012, 07:56:32 am »
For any of you who are interested in 3D modeling or animation software, there is a huge promotion going on over at DAZ 3D right now.  Amazingly, they are for a limited time giving away three of their professional grade software titles for *FREE* right now.  The software programs that they are making available for free download are:

• DAZ Studio 4 Pro
  • Bryce 7 Pro
  • Hexagon 2.5

For those of you who are not familiar with the software, DAZ Studio 4 Pro is a 3D character illustration and animation application that is very similar to and largely compatible with Smith Micro Software's Poser.  Bryce 7 Pro is a 3D landscape generation and animation application that is somewhat similar to Planetside Software's Terragen and E-On's Vue.  Lastly, Hexagon 2.5 is a 3D modeling program.  What DAZ 3D is offering here for free with this promotion are not stripped-down, hobbled, or trial versions of these software packages, but instead the highest-end commercial pay versions available. That is what makes this promotion so unbelievable-- you are not getting the basic version of DAZ Studio 4 that you could always download for free, but the actual $429.95 "Pro" version for free!  Likewise, Bryce 7 Pro normally costs $249.95 and Hexagon 2.5 normally costs $149.95.  So this deal is giving you $829.85 worth of 3D software for free!  And believe me, I know all too well how much that this software normally costs because like a real sap I actually recently paid good money to buy the less capable "Advanced" version of DAZ Studio just a couple of months ago.  *grumbles*  (The "Advanced" version is a cheaper and less powerful version than the "Pro" version that is being offered here.)  So if you happen to be interested in this kind of stuff take advantage of this offer while you still can, because I have no idea how long that this promotion is running for.

As of the time of this writing, you could take advantage of the promotion right on DAZ 3D's homepage here:
http://www.daz3d.com/

Before you get suspicious, no, I don't work for DAZ 3D.  I have no connection to them what-so-ever other than as a customer.  And yes, I have taken advantage of the promotion already myself.  I really was able to download all of the software for free and register it with the keys that they sent me, and it has all been running happily on my Windows Vista box for about a week now and working as it should.  That has been my own personal experience with this-- "your mileage may vary."  I am sharing this promotion with you because I personally enjoy tinkering with 3D animation software and have been messing around with various 3D software packages for more than a decade now, and I thought that this promotion was too good not to pass around.  I also remembered that there are several other furries here on Furtopia who are also interested in this kind of software, so I am sincerely hoping that this free software can help them out.

Best of luck to all of you, and I hope that those of you who are interested in this promotion are able to take advantage of it!

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
Re: Heads up! A Massive Free 3D Software Promotion over at DAZ3D!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 11:37:26 am »
Certainly intrigues the geek in me, but alas I don't have the time to learn to do anything in those programs to make it worth the download.
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 02:20:05 pm »
While I’m strictly a “Blender Head”, I have, and do use the free version of DAZ Studio 3.
So since I’m already registered, I think I may just wander over there and grab these.

Thanks for the heads up. ;)

-----Edit

Just finished getting over $800.00 worth of free stuff. Thanks Hoagiebot…

And FYI, all my free downloads are listed to expire on the 21st of this month, that’s probably when the offer ends.
So if anyone is planning to jump on this, you should probably do so before then.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:43:57 pm by Storm Fox »
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline Mylo

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 11:13:58 pm »
Thanks a lot for the update Hoagiebot!  Just downloaded it all...  8)

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 12:03:00 am »
Cool- I know a guy who uses the free version of bryce a lot, he'd make a lot of use of it.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 12:19:56 am »
So are these truly free, or just a free trial period and the program stops working on the 21st?

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 12:46:49 am »
Truly free* (and the promo ends on the 29th IIRC) [you just need to sign up to their newsletter, and if you don't want it, filtering or sending it to a secondary email you use for spam is doable]
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 12:40:52 pm »
Well worth checking out. Thanks for the heads up Hoagiebot :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 04:18:21 pm »
I grabbed a copy.  No time to use it yet but i'll have the keys for when i do.     :3

thanks for the headsup!

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 08:30:22 pm »
How long as it taken those of you that got these programs to get the validation email for the newsletter? I checked out this morning on the site and got to the point I had to sign up. I did so and it the next screen told me to wait for the email and it would have futher instructions. That email still hasn't come. And yes, I did check my spam box. :P

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 09:06:30 pm »
How long as it taken those of you that got these programs to get the validation email for the newsletter? I checked out this morning on the site and got to the point I had to sign up. I did so and it the next screen told me to wait for the email and it would have futher instructions. That email still hasn't come. And yes, I did check my spam box. :P

You should have gotten an email to confirm the email address you supplied as valid (if you didn't get that, you might have mistyped it).  After that, you need to add the three promotional items to your cart and checkout (you'll be making a $0.00 purchase, and therefore won't need to supply payment info), after which your downloads page will include those software titles; you can download the programs from there.  When you make the "purchase", you'll also get another email with validation codes; don't ditch that one.

I've done all of this *except* the actual download/install itself; I'll be doing that soon.

Thanks for the info, Hoagiebot!
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 09:19:11 pm »
Yeah, I even double checked the email address I entered and it's correct. Oh well. If I don't get it, no huge deal.

Offline Storm Fox

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 10:50:20 pm »
@Narei Mooncatt

Did you complete the initial registration?
Are you trying to get an account, or do you have an account and are trying to get the serials for the software?

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 11:25:22 pm »
This topic may explain why I didn't get that validation email.

http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?topic=43302.0

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 11:31:21 pm »
You're all very welcome for the heads up about this promotion!  I am very glad to learn that some of you are able to take advantage of it!  I decided to let everyone know about this promotion because a fur on the "Lake Area Furry Friends (LAFF)" e-mail list let me know about a different deal that was going on for another 3D application a year ago, and I was only able to take advantage of it thanks to him.  Because of that, once I learned about this current promotion going on at DAZ3D I decided to return the favor and not only post it to the LAFF List for the furs there to find, but I posted it here as well since I remembered that there were quite a few furs here who were working with 3D.

And FYI, all my free downloads are listed to expire on the 21st of this month, that’s probably when the offer ends.
So if anyone is planning to jump on this, you should probably do so before then.

Those expiration dates indicate how much longer you have to download the software that you "purchased" from your account and save it locally.  For whatever reason, DAZ3D places a several-day time limit on how long you are able to download anything that you purchased, regardless of whether or not the things cost $0.00 or more than that.  So those expiration dates that you see in the "Available Downloads" section of your account on the DAZ3D website are indicating how much longer that your own personal download links will be available on that page.  After those links expire you will have to re-purchase the software to be able to download it again (I think-- I have never let those links expire before I downloaded my purchases).

Offline Storm Fox

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 11:47:38 pm »
This topic may explain why I didn't get that validation email.

http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?topic=43302.0
That's messed up…

This won't help with your IM (hence why I'm putting this here), but hushmail.com, is a great service, especially if you just need a temporary Email for the time being.

They ask for absolutely no info, and it gets tossed in three weeks if you don't log in, maybe you can use that to grab the software over at DAZ before you miss out.

Those expiration dates indicate how much longer you have to download the software that you "purchased" from your account and save it locally.  For whatever reason, DAZ3D places a several-day time limit on how long you are able to download anything that you purchased, regardless of whether or not the things cost $0.00 or more than that.  So those expiration dates that you see in the "Available Downloads" section of your account on the DAZ3D website are indicating how much longer that your own personal download links will be available on that page.  After those links expire you will have to re-purchase the software to be able to download it again (I think-- I have never let those links expire before I downloaded my purchases).

Maybe so, *shrugs* I just figured that it was, since there was some other stuff on the list of mine that's set to last longer than, what was then only five days.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 11:33:15 am »
When I set up a account to get the software I didn't get a email from them at
first.  So I tried logging in and when it asked me if I wanted help to get my
forgotten password a email arrived post haste after I clicked yes.

I use Yahoo email .. Hope this helps. :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 05:41:20 am »
I was planning to try the password recovery trick but the original email finally got to me yesterday. I wonder if it had anything to do with me complaining to Yahoo about blocking that site. In either case, time to download. :)

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 05:25:40 am »
I ended up uninstalling the programs today. I doubt I'd ever use them, but I noticed that even if you don't have them up and running, there is some kind of content management service running in the background. I remember during the install seeing it mentioned that it would show up as an internet action and is used to help communicate between the three programs or something, but all activity would be pointed to the local host and not actually going online. I didn't have a problem with that. What I did have a problem with was that process auto-ran anytime I booted my computer, and then proceeded to use about 30-40% of my processor according to Windows Task Manager. I have no clue what it was doing, but it was slowing down my system when I would try to run games and such. I don't know if there's a way to stop it from auto-running or at least figure out what it's doing with all that processing, but just giving a heads up to be mindful of it in case you're seeing slow downs now.

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 12:08:27 pm »
Got them, I'll play with them later on. Thanks for tipping us off to them!

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 02:03:42 am »
a friend of mine was looking for a 3d modeling software to start up his art stuff and greatly benefited from this he told me to extend his thanks to you

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 04:51:44 pm »
Dude this is absolutely awesome! I was just looking for some stuff like this, and of course the wonderful furry community helps!

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 05:40:06 pm »
Not sure if my laptop can run it....
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you