Author Topic: please i need help, quick!  (Read 3640 times)

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
please i need help, quick!
« on: April 16, 2012, 12:02:47 am »
So I am having much trouble, by this I mean absolute, horrible time, drawing my fursona. I usually draw land scape and for some reason I'm awesome at turrians but people and animals elude me.  Its everything from anatomy to shading and everything in between. I need many pointers possibly visual examples.  :goldpissed:

Also I am working on my fursuit,  I'm using a plastic mesh base with movible jaw, attached by a wire to a point next to my ear lobe, any help would be awesome.

I have a lot on my plate and the suit has to be done by anthrocon so please help quick!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:58:54 am by Aliikaiokai »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: please i need help, quick!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 12:11:32 am »
For fursuiting, Post here in this forum and start a thread with the questions you want to ask. http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?board=11.0
P.S. - When you do start a thread in the fursuit forum, then if possible, try to post/show pictures of the progress you have made so far on your suit. It's difficult for others to give you advice on how to improve things if they can't see pics of the work you've done already. Secondly, Rushing to get a suit done before Anthrocon is not a good thing.  x_x You might also want to read item # 5 here too: http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?topic=38381.0
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:30:55 am by Kobuk »

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 01:02:10 am »
See I didn't just start my suit what happened was that while making it I got the frame done but measured the jaw incorrectly so while trying to fix it my five year old brother and his friends destroyed what was left so I have to start completely over.

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 01:27:11 am »
Any info yo need please tell me

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 01:54:10 am »
Hello there. I too am attempting to draw my fursona. The problem is, I have a hard time doing anatomy. Shading I have some experience with. This really depends on whether you are doing it on paper, or using a digital editing program like Photoshop or Gimp. I use Photoshop, and I love shading on it. Its really a hit or miss technique in my opinion. I suggest just keep at it and try over and over until you get it right. Art really isnt something you can rush. It just takes practice. If you do digital drawing and coloring, Youtube KaytotheLink. She has a three part tutorial on drawing, coloring, then shading a picture. I got a lot of help from the DreamKeepers Comic Youtube videos. The owners have a good video on shading and lighting with Photoshop. To really help you, I would need to know if this is a paper thing, or digital, or something else. I am still learning on paper, but I may be able to help either way.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 07:03:09 am »
See I didn't just start my suit what happened was that while making it I got the frame done but measured the jaw incorrectly so while trying to fix it my five year old brother and his friends destroyed what was left so I have to start completely over.

Any info yo need please tell me

If you could start a new thread in the fursuit forum, it would be greatly appreciated. Then this current thread here can be used for the art discussion troubles you are having. ;)

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 03:13:28 pm »
I am currently using just simple paper and pencil if I get the chance I might show one of my drawings, its not furry. But it might help to show where I stand at drawing.

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 06:04:23 pm »
Absolutely, just post another thread in the artwork anouncements part of Furtopia. Thats where that stuff belongs. I dont really know how to do shading on paper and pencil. All mine end up just being black sillouhettes in the end. So I dont shade generally on paper, but rather scan the image and do the coloring and lighting with Photoshop. I might be able to help with other stuff like the curves and placement, even though I myself am just now really getting into anatomical structures.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Wanderer

• Keep your eyes on the horizon
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 09:34:57 pm »
Well i don't know if this helps, but it is where your light source is coming from and the shape of the object. I would recommend drawing basic shapes like squares, cubes, spheres, cones, etc. and then find the direction where the light is hitting the object. If you need more just ask. I work with pencils too so i know the difficulty.
"Journey for you may never know where the road takes you."-Wanderer

"Tis not the destination that matters, but tis the journey that makes us"- Wanderer

"Destined to travel the roads of time, the Wanderer walks the path with prejudice, ready for the masters of death that lie before him."- Jet

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 09:38:12 pm »
Absolutely, just post another thread in the artwork anouncements part of Furtopia. Thats where that stuff belongs.

Ali requested tips and help on drawing, so the Artwork Techniques forum is the proper place to get help. ;)

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 06:58:20 pm »

this may be a little misleading because i am bad at drawing animals but this is a good representation of where i stand. i currently dont have my fursona drawing.

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 10:17:25 pm »
I dont know what animal this is supposed to be, but it looks sort of like the Dead Space guy to me. This is actually amazingly drawn. You are better than me at this point. I see what you mean about the shadows. I do my lighting on the computer and use adjustment layers, which do most the work for me. So I really cant help you about the shadows. If you need help on that, my only suggestion is follow Wanderer's advice. Now as for drawing animals, although I suck at that right now. Most the advice I have gotten is to look at animals and study their bodies and how they move and the way light bounces and curves around them. Look at their anatomy and use a reference picture while drawing one.

PLUR

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 10:42:46 pm »
Actually it is the alien species,"Turian" from my favorite game and book series Mass Effect :D

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 11:37:13 pm »
Maybe I would have known that if I ever played the games, that is if the games are in any way associated with that book series. It looks really good. I cant even tell what it is, and I know it looks very close to whatever the artist wanted it to look like. So thats a good thing. It looks like you are very good at shapes and demensions already. Of course, you're no Leonardo, but thats ok. Art is all about practice, so maybe just some good practice would do you good. Try things you are not so good at, and no matter how bad they come out, keep trying at it. Teach yourself to better from what you last did and cherish all critiques you get. Each little detail will help make it better.

PLUR

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 07:51:47 pm »
I don't think I'm going to anthrocon, I still have to make the ears, half the feet, and the tail. Also I haven't ordered the fur yet. :'(

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 07:55:29 pm »
I don't think I'm going to anthrocon, I still have to make the ears, half the feet, and the tail. Also I haven't ordered the fur yet. :'(

I think you posted this in the wrong forum.

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 07:15:06 pm »

this may be a little misleading because i am bad at drawing animals but this is a good representation of where i stand. i currently dont have my fursona drawing.
:o
That is amazing! as someone who is just now branching out as an artist, I can tell you that the old millitary phrase "follow me, do as I do" can be applied here. Look at pictures of furries with the body type you're going for, and use these photos as reference.
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 09:04:25 pm »
I Am much, much better at animals, you can check my thread called "I did more drawings on Zale" those drawings I am proud of