Richard Nixon
0 (0%)
Gerald Ford
0 (0%)
Jimmy Carter
1 (1.3%)
Ronald Reagan
5 (6.3%)
George H. W. Bush (Father of younger Bush.)
0 (0%)
Bill Clinton
2 (2.5%)
George W. Bush (Son of elder Bush.)
2 (2.5%)
Barack Obama
8 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: United States Presidents  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
United States Presidents
« on: June 02, 2016, 03:41:06 pm »
When it comes to U.S. Presidents, a lot of people will say they don't have much respect for them and/or their policies. But not all Presidents and the work they've done for this country has been all bad. If you take a deep hard look at various Presidents throughout the history of the U.S., you'll see they've done a lot of good too. Things like:
Ending slavery.
Building of the Panama Canal
Ending the Cuban Missile Crisis
Putting a man on the moon.
..........and so much more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States

In the poll, vote for the 5 Presidents you think have done the most good for this country and/or that are your favorites that you like.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: United States Presidents
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 05:13:20 pm »
Ok, who the hell voted for Obama? The guy is a piece of crap for President.  >:(

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 05:18:20 pm »
I happen to disagree.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 06:46:18 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, Obama's only "claim to fame" was the U.S. finally catching and killing Osama Bin Laden. Other than that, I wouldn't call Obama a "successful President".  :P I mean, look what he's done for health care by ramming it down the American people's throats.  >:(

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 11:58:26 am »
I think our first president George Washington, cared more about our country than most any
of those who followed.

In later years people other than the founders started to gain control. Even with best
intentions our presidents find they can't always do the things they feel is good for the
country.

Abe Lincoln did keep the country from spiting into two countries. So that made him a
a favorite.

Teddy Roosevelt started the national park system. I imagine almost all of us have
benifited from this.

FDR helped get us out of a terrible depression, by telling the people "The only thing to
fear is fear it's self". That and making jobs with many federal work projects.

Eisenhower helped create our interstate highway system. He saw those that Germany
built, and knew they would be needed here if we ever had another war to fight. Also they
were good for the economy. 

I did like Reagan in that his build up of our military helped to end the Cold War with the
Soviets. One thing you could say about him is he didn't swing in the political breeze like
many presidents have.

I don't place too much stock in a president. Other than foreign policy, and judge appointments
he/she doesn't have much power. At least for the economy or Jobs. Even though Trump swears
he is going to make more of them. If he becomes president he will have to go through congress.

Strangely enough The Speaker of the house is almost as powerful as the president, more powerful
infact when it comes to the economy, regulations, and jobs.  He/she doesn't even have to be an
elected member of congress. Since the congress chooses the Speaker it's not likely to be an outsider.

So if we the people wish to change government, you best change the legislature. Remember that
when you vote.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 01:03:02 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 02:46:25 pm »
I mean, look what he's done for health care by ramming it down the American people's throats.  >:(
If it wasn't for the affordable care act, there is a very real chance I'd be dead now. It might not be prefect, but it's a hell of a lot better than no public health care at all.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 06:42:51 pm »
agree with yip's comment quite a bit.

though another thing is that the health care system might have turned out better if congress didnt mess with obama's plans. most likely wanted to put more money/support for the system but due to congress just saying no to everything or being slow only parts of his plan got past.

Offline Rocco

• Species: German Shepherd
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 08:55:19 pm »
I mean, look what he's done for health care by ramming it down the American people's throats.  >:(
[/quoteIt might not be prefect, but it's a hell of a lot better than no public health care at all.
Actually, no, it isn't. The major insurance companies keep demanding price increases, or they will pull out. This is a back door way to try to implement socialized medicine, by destroying the private market. And take a look at how well socialized medicine has worked for Canada.

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 11:09:47 pm »
[/quoteIt might not be prefect, but it's a hell of a lot better than no public health care at all.
Actually, no, it isn't.
Yeah... so just let 'em die, right?   I don't understand the callousness of some people.

Offline R.A.Blackpaws

• Species: Fox, primarily. Bits of wolf, lioness and red panda in the brain too.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 11:14:39 am »
Actually, no, it isn't.
Yeah... so just let 'em die, right?   I don't understand the callousness of some people.

For me, the ACA was a double-edged sword. Yes, I still have health insurance...and it is a LOT better than what my employer has offered in the past...but my employer has also cut hours for the majority of its employees due to the "no more than 50 full-time workers or employers pay a penalty" aspect.

Overall, I think Obama has done a decent job with the mess he was given, which is why I voted for him in this poll (along with Clinton and Reagan).
"Be true to what you are.  Never hide your true self from anyone.  The moment you do, you stop living and start...existing.  From experience, life loses a lot when you simply...exist"

Archon Snowfur (my wolf side), from the story "Graduation Day, 2190".

"Have an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out."

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 11:59:48 am »
The ACA is a good idea. They should let insurance companies compete all across the
country, and not just within one state. This would help lower prices, but I have a hunch
insurance companies don't want country wide compitition. The big money interests are
always screwing up plans designed to help people. They seem to be scared if they don't fight
every change they might loose control. The entertainment industry has faught changes
since audio tape came out. But the changes has made them more money each time. The
same is likely to be true with the health industry if they would leave it alone.

If congress would work to fix the ACA instead of just playing politics with it. It would
be even better. The plan was originally created by an republican governor several years
ago. In Massachusetts, and it worked well there if I remember right.

Part D of medicare was supposed to help seniors with drug costs. But the pharmaceutical
industry lobbied to let them set prices instead of bidding against each other. So prices
have continued to rise without control or compitition. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 12:16:20 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Robert_Silvermyst

• Species: Archangel Wolf
  • High King of Furgasta
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 02:40:58 am »
John Adams is one of my favorite Presidents. He was perhaps one of the few who spoke his mind in a way that he didn't care who he offended, as long as the people came out on top.

"I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, two useless men are called a law firm, and three or more become a Congress."

Reagan is my second favorite. He helped bring an end to the cold war, and he wasn't one to bend to a party's whims.

Offline Chipper Blu-wolf

• Species: timber wolf
  • Spending too much on media
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 09:20:43 pm »
1.) George Washington
2.) Abraham Lincoln
3.) FDR
4.) JFK
5.) Ronald Reagan

Why these five?  Each of these five men had to deal with some serious situations to keep the country together politically or financially (or both), or keep peace among allies and enemies to prevent total collapse.  These five were tested, and showed they had what it took to be a leader of a country during a time of turmoil and uncertainty.  I find that fitting of a great president, even if you don't agree with every single thing they did. :)
Its best to eat a balanced diet with a cookie in each paw!

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 12:14:47 am »
Ok, who the hell voted for Obama? The guy is a piece of crap for President.  >:(

For someone who hates millionaires and billionaires, he certainly spends a lot of time amongst 'em.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 12:43:16 am »

I'm not a fan of President Obama, but he has been president for all of my growing up, which inspired me to look into just what he did and what he was responsible for. I wont comment on the goodness or badness of what he's done, there are plenty of both, but he DID a lot of stuff, and a lot of those things were/are a pretty big deal.

This video does a pretty good job of explaining what I am trying to say about Obama in an honest, neutral manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoOeTBD1iEQ
Come find me! More to come!

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 04:49:41 am »
Teddy Roosevelt and Thomas Jefferson are the only names that jump out at me as "outstanding individuals."

In my eyes, everyone else is somewhere on the scale of "Kinda(sorta)Pretty-Good" to "Sickening-Excuse-For-A-Man-Named-Jackson."